[4.4] How to Speed-up Tablet Z SGP321

Search This thread

ryany67

Nov 2, 2010
Szczecin
Hi, if someone want to speedup LTE Tablet here you go (my TabZ run so smoothly and without LAGs, also with TabZ2 live wallpaper^^).

Requirements:
1. TabZ LTE DEODEXED!
How to deodex 4.4
2. You can flash it on Odexed Rom, but it is strongly recommended to use a deodexed ROM if you want to use Dalvik patch.​

How to:
1. Download Qualcomm-optimized Dalvik & Bionic libraries:
Orginal Nexus Thread
Xperia Z Thread about this Fix
2. Clean Dalvik in Recovery
3. Flash and reboot.
4. Download newest Seeder2.0.apk
Orginal Thread
5. Enable Seeder lag reduction, set root privileges and turn on "Suspend RNG service", "Start automaticly on boot" and RNG Service: Moderate.
6. Download form Play Store "No-Frills CPU Control":
Google Play
7. Set: min/max 384/1512, interactive CPU Control with CFQ, Start automaticly on boot, save everything.

thats all, just reboot your Device :)

Extra:
8. If you want you can download Greenify App :) It works quiet well
Play Store

Attachments

• 4.4qc-optimized-dalvik-bionic.zip
    814.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Seeder-2.0.0.apk
    1 MB · Views: 85

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013
Dalvik versions inside your zip are the same that are in KitKat ROM (.230). Bionic versions are different, but there are thoughts that ROM actually contains newer versions.

So flashing this will actually do practically nothing considering performance, benchmarks.

Reactions: ryany67

AllanJacques

Nov 27, 2007
Vancouver
Well, I would recommend you to try CM11 if you really want a great performance enhancement...
Even better if you enable ART...

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi using Tapatalk

M-XXXX

Jul 29, 2010
2 questions:

If I root and follow directions above I probably loose warranty?

And what is the impact on battery?

Jequan

Aug 30, 2012
Well, I would recommend you to try CM11 if you really want a great performance enhancement...

I tested pretty much any available 4.4 ROM out there and just recently installed the sony 4.4.
I don't see any difference in performance besides laggy settings wich seems to be a bug in the sony ROM.

I have tested ART and used it allways with custom ROMs but to be honest: I never felt even the slightest difference between ART and Dalvik.
CM11 didn't perform any better then the official firmware either in my opinion. I never did any benchmarksa though.

AllanJacques

Nov 27, 2007
Vancouver
Well, what can I say?
I didnt run any benchs either but as far as feelings go I feel CM11 faster and smoother than any sony iteration I have tested, granted that I didnt test KK.
I guess it is a matter of preference indeed, I got a new tablet when changed to CM11 but I wouldnt change my Z1 rom as I dont think there is any advantage to it.
Nonetheless, if anyone care to try CM11 or AOKP I urge them to do so!

romskii

Mar 9, 2009
Viersen

I've tried flashing CM11, for some reason it's not booting.
Checked MDSum, internal external SD. No chance

Gesendet von meinem SGP321 mit Tapatalk

romskii

Mar 9, 2009
Viersen
First you have to flash boot.img
By the way, try Omni Rom, it's even better than cm11

Sent from my C6943 using Tapatalk

boot.img? Hmm...I've done all the normal rooting process and flashed kitkat and just don't thought about an boot.img.
Do you have a guide? Maybe you can send me a pm to keep this thread clean from off topic :)

xPoiled

Jun 21, 2013
Hi, if someone want to speedup LTE Tablet here you go (my TabZ run so smoothly and without LAGs, also with TabZ2 live wallpaper^^).

Requirements:
1. TabZ LTE DEODEXED!
How to deodex 4.4
2. You can flash it on Odexed Rom, but it is strongly recommended to use a deodexed ROM if you want to use Dalvik patch.​

How to:
1. Download Qualcomm-optimized Dalvik & Bionic libraries:
Orginal Nexus Thread
Xperia Z Thread about this Fix
2. Clean Dalvik in Recovery
3. Flash and reboot.
4. Download newest Seeder2.0.apk
Orginal Thread
5. Enable Seeder lag reduction, set root privileges and turn on "Suspend RNG service", "Start automaticly on boot" and RNG Service: Moderate.
6. Download form Play Store "No-Frills CPU Control":
Google Play
7. Set: min/max 384/1512, interactive CPU Control with CFQ, Start automaticly on boot, save everything.

thats all, just reboot your Device :)

Extra:
8. If you want you can download Greenify App :) It works quiet well
Play Store

Will this work on tab z2?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dalvik versions inside your zip are the same that are in KitKat ROM (.230). Bionic versions are different, but there are thoughts that ROM actually contains newer versions.

So flashing this will actually do practically nothing considering performance, benchmarks.