Htc hd2 android for dummies

Search This thread

lockb05

Jul 21, 2010
OK.....People on and creators of this forum automatically assume that everyone knows what all of these terms and different words are? Speaking for myself only, I am patent my self as being a pretty smart guy I am in college and I have a pretty decent GPA, but I play football and study marketing. I dont know nor do I have to figure out how to do flash my phone etc. Is there not a cab or a simple way to get android on the HD2. I currently have the Samsung Vibrant and HD2 and are torn between the 2. I want the HD2 hardware but like the vibrant software. Is there not a simple way or can I pay someone in the Dallas TX area to put a WORKING version of Android on my phone. Or is there a simple way step by step broken down lamest terms way to do this. I am overwhelmed with all of the stuff on this website. I know i can probably sit down and read and figure out how to do all of this but I dont have the time nor patience. I JUST WANT THE WORKING ANDROID ON MY DEVICE. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME???????????i WILL PAY SOMEONE

Hatefly

May 26, 2010
Huntington Beach
At this time, Android on the HD2 is neither worth your time, or patience. The reason I say that is because pretty much every build is nothing like a native device; it will have bugs, freezes, etc.

Either you invest some time, and a little patience, or just spend the money on Android native.

Good luck!

vdawg7

Apr 9, 2010
OK.....People on and creators of this forum automatically assume that everyone knows what all of these terms and different words are? Speaking for myself only, I am patent my self as being a pretty smart guy I am in college and I have a pretty decent GPA, but I play football and study marketing. I dont know nor do I have to figure out how to do flash my phone etc. Is there not a cab or a simple way to get android on the HD2. I currently have the Samsung Vibrant and HD2 and are torn between the 2. I want the HD2 hardware but like the vibrant software. Is there not a simple way or can I pay someone in the Dallas TX area to put a WORKING version of Android on my phone. Or is there a simple way step by step broken down lamest terms way to do this. I am overwhelmed with all of the stuff on this website. I know i can probably sit down and read and figure out how to do all of this but I dont have the time nor patience. I JUST WANT THE WORKING ANDROID ON MY DEVICE. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME???????????i WILL PAY SOMEONE

For being "a pretty smart" guy you've got horrible spelling and grammar.
You say you are patient but contradict yourself in the same post by saying "I dont have the time nor patience."

I didn't know any of terms used here last week, but as someone said earlier the instructions xda provides is more than enough to understand whats going on. Just use your brain and read. Otherwise, just get a real android phone.

lockb05

Jul 21, 2010
For being "a pretty smart" guy you've got horrible spelling and grammar.
You say you are patient but contradict yourself in the same post by saying "I dont have the time nor patience."

I didn't know any of terms used here last week, but as someone said earlier the instructions xda provides is more than enough to understand whats going on. Just use your brain and read. Otherwise, just get a real android phone.

I said I "patent"(maybe grammar and spelling isnt your thing either) my self on being a pretty smart guy, meaning I dont know everything......Computers is one of my weak points ..... I just want android homie Im not trying to waste my time bickering with someone online I got waaaaaaay more important things to do like studying and making good grades on this FULL scholarship I have, and whether my grammar and spelling is perfect or not Im about to have a degree and graduate school with 0 loans and when I get drafted Im sure I can get some one to put android on my hd2.

lockb05

Jul 21, 2010
lets say I do all those steps posted in those links....does android work good yet? All those steps and stuff overwhelm me

vdawg7

Apr 9, 2010
I said I "patent"(maybe grammar and spelling isnt your thing either) my self on being a pretty smart guy, meaning I dont know everything......Computers is one of my weak points ..... I just want android homie Im not trying to waste my time bickering with someone online I got waaaaaaay more important things to do like studying and making good grades on this FULL scholarship I have, and whether my grammar and spelling is perfect or not Im about to have a degree and graduate school with 0 loans and when I get drafted Im sure I can get some one to put android on my hd2.

Actually, grammar and spelling is my thing. I'm a court reporter, and when I see your post it drives me bananas. You should seriously focus more on your schooling.

So, let me get this straight...
You want android on your phone, but you don't want to do anything? Think about that for a second.

Nobody here can help you because you are basically asking someone to physically do it for you. The guides provided on this website are more than enough.

As I stated before, I didn't even know what a ROM was last week. If you are so impatient, then just move on. This is not for the computer illiterate.

Last edited:

RJackson

Jan 31, 2010
York
First thing I'm doing to say: Don't rush into it. I've put down some simple steps, but learn a bit about each stage before you do it. I'm not going to accept responsibility if you do something wrong.

Step 1: HSPL your device. Follow this guide with this HSPL.

Step 2: Flash a radio. I'm using 2.12.50.02_2.

Step 3: Download an Android build. I use Darkstone Froyo v1 with Cotulla's latest zImage (as of 03/08 [DD/MM])..

Step 4: Stick the build on your SD card, and replace the old zImage with the new one.

Step 5: Via WM, run clrcad (nothing will show up, it's normal) and then haret.

vdawg7

Apr 9, 2010
Put the apk on your SD card and use the app "File Manager" to locate and run the file.

mwphang

Jun 1, 2009

there are so much info to get you going instead of trying to tell everyone you are pretty smart but yet try getting someone to fully baby sit you, this is really strange? very strange indeed!

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston

alright bro, check it out... HD2 Forum is not the only place to learn about android. There are plenty of forums on XDA that will provide an ample amount of information about what you are looking for. As far as a cab, there is no such thing as a simple cab to just install android as an app.

Easiest thing to do is to read and search. If you dont know a term, google is your friend. here is a start thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=728813

FWIW (for what its worth) I will post my setup -
Base ROM - NRG Barebones WinMo
Radio - 2.10.50.26
Android Build - shubi-CyanogenRC2
SDcard - Class 10 4GB
DualBoot app - depends which one i am testing

Please read the information on flashing a radio and a ROM before you ask how to do it or come back and say that your phone wont power on. All information is here on XDA, if you dont bother to read, I wont bother to help (sounds rude, but I can only do so much via a PC).

Best of luck, and if you are still completely lost, hit me up via gtalk - palosjr@gmail.com

wilwilwel

Jun 2, 2010
Zwolle
If your willing to pay ... Why dont you buy a HTC Desire it has Andriod 2.1 fully working .. No bugs .. You even get support ... And it has simular hardware as HD2

Or wait till Motorolla launches its "almost same as IgayPad thing" wich runs Andriod 3.0

Really changing your HD2 wont work without spending some hours reading into stuff. Because when you **** it up .. And believe me it will happen at least once .. You do need to know how to handle and get you phone back to working.

And stop flaming. Trivial questions are asked all the time and we (if i may speak onbehave others) are getting a lil sick of it. It fills up good dev threats till its hardly readable.

Btw sorry for my bad englisch its not my native language :D

LvDisturbed1

Feb 12, 2008
Las Vegas
Uhh, you might want to just stick to the Samsung Vibrant buddy. IMO the hardware in the Vibrant is superior overall. Sure the HD2 has an extra 64MB of RAM, and an extra .3" of screen space, but the Galaxy S series of phones (what the Vibrant is part of) have that nice SAMOLED screen, 802.11 b/g/n, bluetooth 3.0 support, 720p video recording (which WM cannot do, regardless if the camera CAN support it), and a large storage capacity...16GB I think. Then there is Samsung's Hummingbird processor vs Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor, and more importantly, The PowerVR SGX540 GPU (in the Vibrant, and all other Galaxy S devices) vs the Adreno 200 GPU (formerly AMD z430 and the GPU for the current Snapdragon CPU's, which the HD2 uses). You should research it yourself, but I'll go ahead and tell you Samsung's Hummingbird wins.

mantis_2k

Mar 11, 2010
OK...to shut you up and do the reading for you... it doesnt take long to work out.

1) Download HSPL

2) Download Radio

3) Download ROM

4) Format SD Card

5) Download Android or Froyo Build to SD Card

Android - Straight on SD card
Froyo - Put in Android folder on root

Take the leap/risk, its totally worth it.

I asked process questions 2 days ago, but I did the homework and reading behind it rather than moaning. Nobody cares if you play American handball.

READ the forums and advice people are giving you! It takes NO MORE than 10minutes for complete the whole process.

PS. Extra advice. Create a folder on your desktop with sub folders for each section (HSPL, Radio, ROM, Build). Makes things a little bit easier to follow.

mantis_2k

Mar 11, 2010
@wilwilwel

He wilwilwel,

I have to disagree with you. If you read the forums and understand the process of it (read my previous reply on this forum) it doesnt take any time at all. There is no risk at all, Android works absolutly fine on the HD2, granted its still early days and development still needs to take place on the software.

Take the risk, the worst that could happen to your HD2 is you have an awesome ROM on it which is much much better than the original HD2 software.

ttownfeen

Oct 24, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I empathize completely with the OP. There is a lot of technobabble that is thrown around on the forums. It is something that can be intimidating to a newcomer. It doesn't help that everything on here comes with warnings about potential destroying your very expensive device.

I don't know about others, but reading all the documentation in the world won't help me learn a process unless I see an example of it being done. Luckily, there are tons of videos on YouTube showing you in real time how to flash a new custom ROM and Android on your HD2.

The methods of getting Android on your phone really are made for dummies, you just have to cut through the jargon.