4K Videos Not Working (Works with no audio?!)

Search This thread

djstanley

May 24, 2011
I've got a Firestick 4K, and loading 4k movies (20gb+) works fine with VLC and a few other players.

But, when I switch that same video to MX Player, it closes after a few seconds. The weirdest thing is, if I disable audio on the stream it plays!

I'm totally lost as I've tried everything I can think of. I could use VLC, but I love MXPlayer and want to use that.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit:

Got this working by enabling the audio passthrough setting on mx-player. Hope this helps somebody else!

Last edited:

MXPlayer

Nov 3, 2015
mx.j2inter.com
I've got a Firestick 4K, and loading 4k movies (20gb+) works fine with VLC and a few other players.

But, when I switch that same video to MX Player, it closes after a few seconds. The weirdest thing is, if I disable audio on the stream it plays!

I'm totally lost as I've tried everything I can think of. I could use VLC, but I love MXPlayer and want to use that.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit:

Got this working by enabling the audio passthrough setting on mx-player. Hope this helps somebody else!

There seems to some issues with the hardware-accelerated audio decoders. When the audio pass-through mode is used, undecoded audio streams will be passed to the connected device. Would you mind sharing a sample with us at support@mxplayer.in so that we can investigate further?
Thank You.