[ROM][ICS][4.0.4][AOKP] Vanilla ICE v2.0 [Aroma][CM9 Kernel](09-05-2012)

Search This thread

amidabuddha

Jun 26, 2011
he hasnt done ANYTHING to the rom to make it faster lol. i have looked at all the files in his rom and compared them to nexx rom. NO difference apart from his rom has themed alot and added apps. i am a dev i know. ive looked at ALL files seperatly there's no difference mate

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

i aint having ago im just stating the obvious :D :p

Hi Paul I have noticed that you are quite active recently in Desire S forum.
I would like to address some words to you if you do not mind.
First this is not a Nexx ROM (he is developing CM9) only his kernel. This ROM is using AOKP as a base which project belongs to the Team Kang.
Second - I am agree with you that there is nothing major here, some apps added, big deal but at the end we all here need something to play and this ROM is another alternative to flash.
I can see that you have started your own projects, made several Guide threads, which is great and I (and probably the rest of the users here) will be more than glad if you continue your development and support instead of trolling around.
So please keep the negative attitude for sports or something and contribute to the community as much as you can.

Best regards,
Stefan

EDIT: to OP - sorry for the OFF-topic...

Last edited:

ronks888

Jun 23, 2010
this is all stupid all he has done is theme a Rom and put it up saying he ported it when he knows full well he never . this is nexx Rom he took it put his own name on it put in some apps ( which are PAID ) then changed the framework :S then he says he ported from Google nexus loll im outta here peace :p he should have really open a thread up in theme's and app's NOT in dev section and lie about it but this is only my opinian im not having a go what so ever :D :p

At once excuse for my English. This is not Nexx ROM. Only his kernel and some files which are started on this kernel. Paul didn't deal with ROM, saw an inscription in build.prom and thinks that I copied this ROM. I didn't try to hide information on the developer of a kernel, big thanks of Nexx for it. Paul argues that he is the developer though in his own project all files are copied from Virtuous Quatro RC3. It is visible at it there was an envy to work of others which he can't make...
Developing Android is no easy task. Especially when you take into consideration that I'm also developing.
One small permission and it doesn't boot. I'm not messing with the bootloader, I'm not telling you to change a splash image and what not, you're not going to brick your phone if you know what you're doing.
Actually, for MOST of the BETA's (Except maybe one or two where some pressing issue comes up and I need MY phone), I do test them on my phone. I have one device. One. Its my personal phone, and I use it for developing.
Anyway. This ROM is a beta. I'm working on a lot of things right now.
All appendices are free, if you want to have full versions of some appendices, you can pay.
Be patient.
Best regards,
ronks

Reactions: Oleg.A.Malygin

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
I haven't tried this ROM yet, but you added Swiftkey X? That's an paid app! Is that even legal?

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I haven't tried this ROM yet, but you added Swiftkey X? That's an paid app! Is that even legal?

There is also a free version?

efuzone

Jan 23, 2010
www.efuzone.com
Hello, i am using this rom testing it for bugs etc can you please tell me if i am using apex launcher how do i remove other launchers?

GelullaBarr

Jan 28, 2010
Ploiesti
Hello, i am using this rom testing it for bugs etc can you please tell me if i am using apex launcher how do i remove other launchers?
You must have an option in apex launcer settings where you can choose which will be your default launcher and there you choose youre option, or, when it ask you which launcher you want to use, you must check the box above and the choose youre favorite launcher...if you don't understand please tell me and I will try to explain again, good luck

Last edited:

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
what about root explorer ? thats a paid app xda does not agree to people adding paid apps into their roms. please remove root explorer. thanks

There is mi file explorer included not tot explorer out did i missed something.

Gesendet von meinem Desire S mit Tapatalk 2

masterross

Apr 13, 2005
Hi,

3D and some of other Games dont work.
- Dungeon Hunter 2 HD
- N.O.V.A 2 HD

Also why you require WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET and WIPE CACHE PARTITION since only WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET format cache too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Everyone,
    This is a android 4.0.4 ROM. This rom is fully ported Galaxy Nexus ROM. i will try to fix all the bug you encounter. As i fixed lots of them so all should be fixed.

X447ScUW.png
    T1TN6LIx.png
    ZAbo2R5f.png
    Vrs1f7S1.png
    i2jZKs0t.png
    dfn55kbC.png
    GfT2ngLQ.png
    xaeQ6O1w.png

Rom information

- Engine: Android 4.0.4
    - AOKP M5 Base http://aokp.co/
    - Aroma installer
    - Very Fast
    - Pre-rooted
    - Full init.d Support
    - Framework And SystemUI optimized and Re-Themed
    - Transparent Phone Mod
    - Dual panel mode - Tab Mod
    - Default ICS Camera Video Effects FC fixed, Front Camera Fixed
    - 5 Launcher ( Nova, Apex, GO, ADW, MIUI ) - Optional
    - Notification widgets
    - Zipalinged
    - Insert Busybox
    - Tweaks in Build.prop
    - Best battery life [NO Android OS BUG]
    - HD 720p Video recording
    - FM Radio (with Spirit FM app from play store, select ICSPlus in settings)
    - GPS tweaks.
    - ROM Control
    - Full USB transfer speed.
    - Some Samsung apps
    - Sense Wallpapers

Installation:
    1. DOWNLOAD ZIP
    2. WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET.
    3. WIPE CACHE PARTITION.
    4. FLASH AND THEN REBOOT.

please do not make mirrors. please

Please Wipe Your Data and Cache partition Before install. Otherwise you will have Problem.

Contribute
    A small donation to buy me books for my study will be really appreciated.

Credits:
    Big thanks LorD ClockaN
    TeamKang
    CyanogenTeam
    XDA
    All my users & donators & testers & who helps me
    All guys who works on ICS
    if i forget someone let me know...
    New version added.
    version 2.0
    *added "Kill-all"-button to recent apps - by Rdlgrmpf
    *Sense 4.0 recent apps
    *Dual panel menu - Tab mode
    *added some battery style
    *added lockscreen wallpaper to pattern and pin lc - AOKP
    *fixed mute volume states always being checked - AOKP
    *updated MMS app with emoji icons support
    *added Ukranian keyboard T9
    *added option to disable sound on volume change with volume buttons - CM
    *added new options to mobile data linit - CM
    *added system volume option to Settings/Sound - CM
    *fixed 3D Games starts
    *added Ukranian keyboard T9 LatinIME
    *fixed Browser flash bugs
    *added option to disable sound on volume change with volume buttons
    *removed Trebuchet, Apex as default
    *added added GO, ADW and MIUI Launchers in aroma installer
    *added Adobe Reader and AIR
    *added Spirit FM Free
    *probably forgot somethig + new bugs added :)
    he hasnt done ANYTHING to the rom to make it faster lol. i have looked at all the files in his rom and compared them to nexx rom. NO difference apart from his rom has themed alot and added apps. i am a dev i know. ive looked at ALL files seperatly there's no difference mate

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

i aint having ago im just stating the obvious :D :p

Hi Paul I have noticed that you are quite active recently in Desire S forum.
    I would like to address some words to you if you do not mind.
    First this is not a Nexx ROM (he is developing CM9) only his kernel. This ROM is using AOKP as a base which project belongs to the Team Kang.
    Second - I am agree with you that there is nothing major here, some apps added, big deal but at the end we all here need something to play and this ROM is another alternative to flash.
    I can see that you have started your own projects, made several Guide threads, which is great and I (and probably the rest of the users here) will be more than glad if you continue your development and support instead of trolling around.
    So please keep the negative attitude for sports or something and contribute to the community as much as you can.

Best regards,
    Stefan

EDIT: to OP - sorry for the OFF-topic...
    Can you somehow add Ukrainian (or Russian at least) T9 to the dialer pad? I think there was Russian Dialer T9 in the Virtuous ICS ROMs, can it be ported from there?
    Russian phone keyboard and search added in post #3. Enjoy.
    Added Black and Purple Theme in post #3