UK MK7 to US MK7?

Search This thread
I installed the UK MK7 update weeks ago and want to switch back to the US now that it's available to get Exchange previews back. What's the CSC code for the US? Kies won't update since it says I already have MK7. Is there another place to download the new ROM? Can I downgrade to an older US ROM and let Kies update that way? I would, but I can't find even the old US ROMs.

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
I installed the UK MK7 update weeks ago and want to switch back to the US now that it's available to get Exchange previews back. What's the CSC code for the US? Kies won't update since it says I already have MK7. Is there another place to download the new ROM? Can I downgrade to an older US ROM and let Kies update that way? I would, but I can't find even the old US ROMs.

Yes you can downgrade, Here is the thread where you can get the USA version. (OLD)

XAR is the USA version - Last one in the list (Labled as Cellular South)

Also you can go here and get the current version, Currently the top one in the list.

Travyevo

Jul 1, 2010
Yes you can downgrade, Here is the thread where you can get the USA version. (OLD)

Also you can go here and get the current version, Currently the top one in the list.

Was thinking the same thing but wondering if it even makes sense to do? If the UK gets another update (which I assume will be before the US again) won't Gear Manager download it to my UK rom first?

jaltman

Aug 5, 2012
I decided to reload the old ROM and re-upgrade not being sure if were differences. I had some wierdness after loading the old ROM which I suspect was program updates intended for the new ROM. You might want to do a reset to wipe the gear before dropping back to the old version.

Having done so, though, I used Kies to upload the new US ROM and it all went fine. I am now on the US MK7 and all seems well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

67srbell

Sep 29, 2013
I decided to reload the old ROM and re-upgrade not being sure if were differences. I had some wierdness after loading the old ROM which I suspect was program updates intended for the new ROM. You might want to do a reset to wipe the gear before dropping back to the old version.

Having done so, though, I used Kies to upload the new US ROM and it all went fine. I am now on the US MK7 and all seems well.

So, are the UK and US MK7 firmware versions identical?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

jaltman

Aug 5, 2012
I see no discernable differences on the surface. Under the hood, I can't tell. It seems unlikely to me that different versions would be left with the version number. Time will tell.

inmnbob

Jan 11, 2009
Chicago
How can I tell which version of the MK7 software is installed the Us or the UK. I did both on two devices and don't know if there is a way to.tell

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

stevedrz

Dec 7, 2009
So, are the UK and US MK7 firmware versions identical?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

I did notice s voice on the great activates a lot quicker, I'm coming from uk mk7, odin'ed to us mk7. Synched to a gs3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

highlordkram

Nov 21, 2006
Las Vegas

Thanks for this information, as I was not sure I was on the UK or the US version, having flashed the UK rom, but then being unsure if what appeared to be an update recently actually was. I am in USA and on the XAR version now. All have been working great with Exchange and other notifications.

danyvw

Dec 28, 2010
Same size

I opened both .tar files (XAR from USA and BTU from UK) and they have the same exact size on all their subfolders (not a single Byte more, not a single Byte less) I assume they are the same firmware. Why Sammy took too long to update USA firmware? Weird right?

Last edited:
Reactions: mhoepfin

jaltman

Aug 5, 2012
I opened both .tar files (XAR from USA and BTU from UK) and they have the same exact size on all their subfolders (not a single Byte more, not a single Byte less) I assume they are the same firmware. Why Sammy took too long to update USA firmware? Weird right?

Perhaps it was the anticipated load on their servers.

samsmith5

Dec 4, 2013
San Francisco

OMG, thanks for this almulder! It is not clear on Null Gear Recover pagethat all the US people are being sent to a link to download MK2 version which gives the scrunched recovery view. I'm still figuring this out, but this post makes things a lot easier.

b9wan

Dec 13, 2009
TWRP LOOP

Hi.. Tried flashing null-19, All go's well until reboot then just reboots into TWRP all the time.. Can you help please
Rom (V700XXUAMK7)
Recovery (null_03_TWRP2.7.tar.md5)
Flashing Rom (null_ 19.zip)
Impactor_0.9.14
Thanks in advance

DOG666

Jun 17, 2010
Chula Vista, Ca

Omfg! Thank you so much almulder, I was finally able to upgrade my gear to mk7 thru odin, kies kept freezing on me & gear manager was no help either :-/ this is why I love the android/xda community sooooo much, people like you who are always here to help :D:);):p

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Same size