[App][5.1+] DutyManager

Search This thread

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
smartphone256x256.png
ABOUT
DutyManager is a simple application for people, small and medium sized businesses which manage on call duty.
It based on your pre-defined list configured on into the app and set up unconditional call forward for you.

This task is automatically triggered by a keyword found in the description of any calendar (synchronized or not) hosted in the phone. It's the first keyword which appears on the description on the event, separated by a space. Any keyword can be used (name, surname, trigram, etc ...)

STORY
This app was written after looking around some solution to manage our duty schedule during week-end hours inside my IT department. We've look around our IPX but it didn't offer any calendar system to shift automatically phone number. We've also found bunch of online apps which offers virtual phone number but prices were the limitation.

Therefore as we had an android spare smartphone where we manually forward call to people, I decide to automate all the stuff with Tasker. Since almost one year now, it worked well and now I propose this app for all with a GUI made with Tasker.

REQUIREMENTS
- a dedicated android smartphone (version 5.0 Lollipop and above) with the phone number that your contacts/customers/alarm system know
- a calendar synchronized on the device (even works a local one)
- DutyManager application

FEATURES
★ Manage shifts from google calendar website (or any calendar configured and synchronized on the device)
★ Customize short code to setup unconditional forwarding based on your mobile provider guideline
★ Manage your own list in an easiest way. Keyword (a name, trigram) + phone number
★ Add new contact remotely by text message
★ On-Call Reminder Notifications: Automatically remind duty contact when their on-call shift is begin with a customizable text message
★ Override on-call shift ("takeover"" on a scheduled contact) or check the status at any time, through text message (sms)
★ Any text message (sms) received on the phone is automatically forward to the duty contact (very useful for alarm system notification)
★ Be notify when phone battery is below 5%, battery overheating
★ For battery concern, calendars are checked every 5 minutes
★ Extended functionalities available if your device is rooted (clear popup, reboot phone remotely command)

COMING FEATURES
★ Manual import of contact list
★ and more..

NOTES
- Please verify that call forwarding is on your mobile plan. This application will not bypass plan's limitations
- Some carriers charge for call forwarding so please check with you carrier before purchasing this application
- Accessibility option has to be enabled in order for this app to work properly. Due to an android limitation, accessibility service must be enable for DutyManager in order to grab the result of MMI code query and catch the setup phone number.
- The best config for DutyManager is to plug your phone via usb on any "always-on" computer or on a wall power plug.

DOWNLOAD
Available on the play store - Free version
Available on the play store - Full version

XDA USERS
Free version is limited, meaning :
- Number of entries in the list is limited to 2 entries
- Customized text message sent: not available but a default one is already set
- Remote function by text message: not available

SOURCE
The full project has been published Oct.2017 on https://github.com/baudbox/DutyManager. Meaning that if you like my work ...

I really appreciated any feedbacks from anyone here. But please be gentle because it's my first app. ;)
I've learnt a lot by browsing xda threads, asking and answering questions, so I use this thread as a "test platform" in order to check if my idea is good and if I can go further by bringing new features.

MORE INFO
- A dedicated web site is available at https://apps.baudbox.fr/
- USES CASES / HOW TO / FAQ are documented at https://apps.baudbox.fr/howto.html

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 234
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    90.7 KB · Views: 240
  • screenshot3.png
    screenshot3.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 242
  • screenshot4.png
    screenshot4.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 246
  • screenshot5.png
    screenshot5.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
Changelog

Juillet 31 (1.0)
[Out of beta] With Tasker 5.x - minimal Sdk version 21+

Jan 23 (0.9g)
[feature] Add a new entry remotely by text message
[feature] Add Battery overheating profile
[tweak] Graphical glitches

Jan 5 (09f)
[feature] New feature for root devices (sending text to launch a reboot remotely, closing popup windows while checking forward settings)
[tweak] Added new material icons
[fix] Fixed typo in description
--
Dec 27 (0.9e)
[fix] Typo in description
--
Dec 27 (0.9d)
[fix] Small Bugs
--
Dec 23 (0.9c)
[tweak] Add text message character counter
--
Dec 21 (0.9b)
[fix] Fix text for dpi over 500
--
Dec 20 (0.9a)
Initial Release on Play Store

Last edited:

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
Hi Folks,
I've finally found how to create promo code into Google Dev console. I would be pleased to share some of them as Christmas present but also with any constructive feedback.
Many thanks in advance

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
Folks,

A new version has been pushed to Google play store and currently roll out. I hope you like it as for root device, remote reboot is now possible, and popup message is automatically closed.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
Here are 10 promo code for the full version

2Y4QTBH97SZLRZER2B4ATVB
1M585PDVQVVXHT3B4T1E8YC
QB7KYUD54BA50BJ8SBBCXAP
C30VNMLZ8WS61QCB990TLX6
7CTSJAY9MVWR0K300SZKKRP
5WT12K5W9Q8TCL4Y1E8VEKS
66RC27BVW7STYVNP6KZ9N9A
GUTA4QNR8Y4DMMKKRHYD4S7
Q87VK4YXVHH3MR5C8Z0K68G
ZMVPG2DWH9FLKEW4NKTFVPM

Enjoy and share any feedback ! thanks

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
Good day Folks,

DutyManager is out of beta cycle and you will find a new release on Google Play Store.

Note that price for pro version has been decreased to 0,99 but for making happy users, the app is free for 1 week, starting from August 1st, 2017.

Enjoy

baudbox

Nov 16, 2014
Paris
apps.baudbox.fr
Hi, you were around more than 500 people who had downloaded my app during the free week and first, I want to thank you all :good:

Still get 144 active users now and sound like folks are happy with, as I didn't heard any complain nor getting any new request about feature. Sounds like all need have been filled, right ? :p

A new free period has been scheduled in a couple of weeks from now : from Sept 8th to Sept 15th

As said on another place, I'm not here to make money with this app but mostly to have fun and discover by the keyhole what could be a global process of launching an app.

I'm thinking about putting all the source code under Tasker format on my github for those who are interested.

Feel free to try the free version in // till there
Cheers!