[GUIDE]Unbrick your X10 or X10i/X10a when you lose access to Xrecovery, SEUS etc.

Search This thread

l32007

Jan 9, 2011
So, you've broken a rom and xRecovery wont start? Given up... dont!

I suppose it has pretty much every other use case.

Without futherado heres the guide:

All you need to do is in 7 easy steps.

What you Need:
Flashtool 0.2.5

A Stock Rom FTF file (for now)

If you are not sure download the GENERIC version for your device.

1: Unzip Flashtool to your desktop

2: Place ftf rom file in %desktop%/FlashTool/firmwares

3: Run FlashTool.exe, Click the Flash button and select the Firmware you downloaded.

Helpful Hint said:
Be Sure that your phone is off before connecting in flashmode, or it wont turn green. :D

4: When Prompted to connect your phone in flashmode. Hold the back button, and plug your phone in to the computer to connect in FlashMode. The LED will go green, if it doesn't, turn your phone off again and try again! or come here for help.

5: Press OK

If you receve an error, please open the 'drivers' folder (%desktop%/flashtool/drivers/) and run the exe file. to install the flash driver, once installed. try step 3-5 again!

6: Wait 15 minutes. Make yourself a coffee or beer :D

7: Now your phone should be stock. You should be crying and happy at the same time. ;)

BONUS STEP: for easy root, turn on phone and open flash tool (connect phone.) and press ROOT (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled)

If this helps you, comment confirm and thanks :)

Last edited:

jerses

Jan 11, 2010
SEUS won't work if you rooted your x10. SEUS tells you that there isnt any firmware for your phone. So this way if you rooted and used a custom rom you will get it to work again.

Reactions: ntportugal

fiscidtox

Dec 2, 2010
You people on this forum have no idea what bricking means do you? You can't brick an x 10 the boot loader isn't cracked

fiscidtox

Dec 2, 2010
Lets just say if your phone is bricked it can't be unbricked... Usually happens when flashing a new radio. On the x10 it is impossible so I don't know why people keep using the term

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
What a rubbish to say you can't use SEUS when you are rooted. I did it at least ten times without any problem. The easiest way there is. Just plugin... Wait.... Done...

sent from my 2.2 X10

fiscidtox

Dec 2, 2010
Well if we are not unbricking, what are we doing, what is the term of doing this?

Reflashing back to stock?

Brick is when the phones internals are fried... Only n00bs call this stuff bricking/unbricking, and only in this forum. Every other forum on xda seems to actually understand what it is

l32007

Jan 9, 2011
2: Place ftf file in %desktop%/FlashTool/firmwares

what's ftf file?

The FTF file you can download from the 2nd link provided above:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6514692&postcount=2

I agree i should have been more clear.

___

Brick - When used in reference to consumer electronics, "brick" describes a device that cannot function in any capacity (such as a device with damaged firmware). ...

Source: Wikipedia

Anyway, when xrecovery stopped working and SEUS didnt work either, this was the only choice for me.

katinsh

Mar 21, 2009
Riga
www.meitenes24.lv
Hey, I have a problem. Now my phone do not want to charge, every time I am trying to charge it, the only thing that happens - led is blinking with red color every 3-5 seconds. Nothing else. The battery is OK, it is tested.
Same than I connect it with PC.

So I can not connect phone in the flash mode, because it does not led with GREEN but only with RED

Any ideas how to save my X10i?

[SOLVED]

Last edited:

kitagila

Jan 31, 2011
I have messed up my phone last night for following some instructions on how to root my x10 but it was actually for 1.6 firmware and i did it on my 2.1-update1 firmware. Right after that, my phone just started to vibrate when i turned it on. The screen turns black and it vibrates non stop. After downloading so many ROMS file to flash, the vibration stops but the screen is still black! It also flickers every 2-3 seconds but not very noticeable. Currently downloading a ROM to downgrade it to version 1.6. Will update you all soon. By that time, please post any recommendation. :(

X10UserNL

Jan 4, 2011
Hoogerheide, NL
But, I can't see a ftf file, only .zip and .rar files. Is there a way to compile them or something, or is it just right? Btw, i flashed the files, and now my screen goes black and strats vibrating too... Anyone a solution?

Last edited:

curran123

Jan 22, 2011
Hey i tried this method and at step 3 when i go onto x10flashtool the firmware i put in the folder does not come up. Please help, for some reason the firmware wont come up so i cant choose it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, you've broken a rom and xRecovery wont start? Given up... dont!

I suppose it has pretty much every other use case.

Without futherado heres the guide:

All you need to do is in 7 easy steps.

What you Need:
    Flashtool 0.2.5

A Stock Rom FTF file (for now)

If you are not sure download the GENERIC version for your device.

1: Unzip Flashtool to your desktop

2: Place ftf rom file in %desktop%/FlashTool/firmwares

3: Run FlashTool.exe, Click the Flash button and select the Firmware you downloaded.

Helpful Hint said:
    Be Sure that your phone is off before connecting in flashmode, or it wont turn green. :D

4: When Prompted to connect your phone in flashmode. Hold the back button, and plug your phone in to the computer to connect in FlashMode. The LED will go green, if it doesn't, turn your phone off again and try again! or come here for help.

5: Press OK

If you receve an error, please open the 'drivers' folder (%desktop%/flashtool/drivers/) and run the exe file. to install the flash driver, once installed. try step 3-5 again!

6: Wait 15 minutes. Make yourself a coffee or beer :D

7: Now your phone should be stock. You should be crying and happy at the same time. ;)

BONUS STEP: for easy root, turn on phone and open flash tool (connect phone.) and press ROOT (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled)

If this helps you, comment confirm and thanks :)
    Or just run SEUS.
    Flashtool allows you to root easily on latest firmware.

Sent from my 2.3 x10i using XDA App
    SEUS won't work if you rooted your x10. SEUS tells you that there isnt any firmware for your phone. So this way if you rooted and used a custom rom you will get it to work again.
    Hi,

I got a problem, i did everything in this tutorial and i have recovered my x10a with the 2.1.A.435 firmware (i had the 2.0.A.504) and all went smoothly until i noticed that my x10a has no signal, no wifi and when i try to turn on the wifi i only get a reboot, the same when i search for networks in settings-wireless-access points names...

i cant connect to wifi nor radio from my provider, and when i go to restore factory settings keeps telling me "insert SIMCard and reboot"
    i've tried to do it with the sdcard inserted and without it but no luck...

there is a way to repair this or do i have to return to my native firmware???

here are my phone specifications and modds

Stock
    X10a Telcel Branded
    Android 2.1 2.0.A.504

Flashing
    X10a Generic
    Android 2.1 2.1.A.435

Any help would be apreciated...

Thanks in advance, and keep helping the noobies like me who do not undesrstand very well the android os.

What baseband do you have on .435?