[ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) for Droid 4 [BETA 3/16/2012]

Search This thread

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Also 3-22 has 3G/4G working for the most part. I only had to toggle between CDMA and CMDA/LTE once today and that was after stepping out of my house connected to wi-fi. Phone had no problems switching between 3G/4G bands while traveling to work. Keep up the good work devs!

Last edited:

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Sorry sir

Is it possible to just have the keyboard brightness on even if you don't use auto brightness. I know you can adjust the different levels of brightness when using auto but I always keep my phone on a set brightness level and would like to have the brightness on the keyboard.

Im sorry i didnt fully read this when i quoted you. you can have a set brightness with the keyboard. i have everything fully on as in at its brightest

http://www.box.com/s/c663ef7966833f0d4bab

make it look like this and then hit save and apply

ICS AOSP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
Also 3-22 has 3G/4G working for the most part. I only had to toggle between CDMA and CMDA/LTE once today and that was after stepping out of my house connected to wi-fi. Phone had no problems switching between 3G/4G bands while traveling to work. Keep up the good work devs!

ICS AOKP Open KANG Project ROM via Safestrap

Just loaded 3-22, and for me data issues still haunt me.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
For me data is working in good signal areas with strong 4g. Its a lot more iffy in other areas, and I think that's where the frustration comes in.

Its a work in progress.

Reactions: RastaPasta

RastaPasta

Nov 8, 2009
Installed 3/25 nightly. Will continue to test data, but one major problem I am having is that no on screen keyboard pops up in any text field and also no back lighting on the physical keyboard at all....otherwise I love this ROM thanks to the devs!

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Installed 3/25 nightly. Will continue to test data, but one major problem I am having is that no on screen keyboard pops up in any text field and also no back lighting on the physical keyboard at all....otherwise I love this ROM thanks to the devs!

If you have multiple keyboards installed try selecting a different keyboard in the settings. If you only have one keyboard installed, go to the market and download a free one like Go keyboard. Then apply that keyboard to see if it shows up or if it gives you the same problem. I'm trying to narrow it down to whether its a problem with stock keyboard or a ROM issue loading keyboards in general.

Last edited:

RastaPasta

Nov 8, 2009
i have multiple keyboards...android and swift key x. i tried to switch between them before but no luck

Sent from my XT894 using xda premium

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
For me data is working in good signal areas with strong 4g. Its a lot more iffy in other areas, and I think that's where the frustration comes in.

Its a work in progress.

In my area I'm covered in 4g whereever I go, so that's not an issue for me. What happens is just getting it to kick in that first time, once it kicks in its perfect until I reboot. Most of time time I reboot and its gsm, I change it and it magicly goes away after a few seconds where it doesn't have any network selected, then I fight with that for a while and it will get 4g then not work. One more switch or two then it usually kicks in. In short its a pain but at least its consistent.

bonesjones

Dec 9, 2009
Birmingham
One thing to note with aosp rom data issues had pretty much went away, but with aokp the issue remains.
Not sure if aokp is caught up to aosp as far as that goes.

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Flashed the latest nightly (3-27) and now i'm having the same issues as RastaPasta with the keyboard not coming up. Spend 10 mins trying to get the keyboard to come up and I gave up.

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Screen orientation issues on 3-30

Flashed 3-30 this morning and I noticed some weird issues. First off, the phone is stuck in landscape mode. I have tried toggling auto-rotate on and off but that did nothing. Then when I go to flip the phone out, the screen goes into portrait mode. So right now its backwards of what its suppose to be. Also the on screen keyboard still does not work. It only works when the phone is flipped out.

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
Flashed 3-30 this morning and I noticed some weird issues. First off, the phone is stuck in landscape mode. I have tried toggling auto-rotate on and off but that did nothing. Then when I go to flip the phone out, the screen goes into portrait mode. So right now its backwards of what its suppose to be. Also the on screen keyboard still does not work. It only works when the phone is flipped out.

Sorry, the 4.0.4 merge had us in a bit of disarray for a while.

I did some functional checks for this yesterday and I think we're in much better shape with the ROM.

It should be working like it was previously. Let me know if you experience differently.

(NOTE: You will need a complete wipe when upgrading to the 4.0.4 version).

whiteout7942

Dec 14, 2011
Washington D.C
Still having LTE data issues. It was going strong for a few hours, then I couldn't get it back on. Tried everything even rebooting. This was after flashing 4-12.

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

Hashcode

Sep 3, 2011
Sorry guys, the ROMbot server (nightly) is down for maintenance that is taking A LOT longer than it really should have.

We expect to be back up and running in about 1-2 days.

Reactions: twizzles and kwyrt

twizzles

Mar 4, 2012
When i try to install 9.0.x gapps is says u.able (bad) redownloaded and still the same. Any ideas why i cant install?

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ICS AOSP ROM] "AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) for Droid 4 [BETA 3/16/2012]

*** NEW BLOG SITE: http://blog.hash-of-codes.com ***

[03/16/2012] DOWNLOAD LINK
    md5sum :: b4378349f49f9e45418b01269ce93c5d

AUTOMATIC NIGHTLIES ARE HERE

GET GAPPS HERE (Choose "CyanogenMod 9.0.x" Link)

Changelogs:

Changelog at Blog.Hash-Of-Codes.com
    Automatic STS-Dev-Team Development Log

Android is all about choices. And here's another choice for AOSP ROM:

"AOKP" (Android Open KANG Project) is a built from source ROM similar to CyanogenMod (but different).
    I didn't create AOKP, I only ported it to the Droid 4.

You can visit the AOKP website here:
    http://forum.aokp.co/

Their developers include: Roman, Zaphod-Beeblebrox, Whitehawkx, and more.
    The future of AOKP is quite bright as new features are popping up all the time.

DON'T LET GOOGLE RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS WHEN INSTALLING THIS ROM COMING FROM GINGERBREAD

Get Safestrap here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522644

You can follow me on Twitter at:
    http://www.twitter.com/hashcode0f

Github sources are here:
    https://github.com/organizations/STS-Dev-Team

FOR DEVS: You can check out the local_manifest.xml for getting this ROM up and running here:
    https://github.com/STS-Dev-Team/android_local_STS/tree/ics-aokp

Special Note about 4G/3G Data:
    Data for this build has been a bit finicky. When you reboot, you will probably need to go to: Settings -> Wireless & networks -> More .. -> Mobile networks
    Click on "Network Mode" and goto GSM-only, wait for 5 seconds, and then back to LTE/CDMA. This should help data come up.
    THIS IS TEMPORARY AND WILL BE FIXED.

WHAT DOESN'T WORK:
    Better Camera function (FFC, Face detect, etc in progress)
    HW Video Codecs (in progress)
    Bluetooth on but not connected = loss of all audio (in progress)

ENJOY!

Screenshots:

AOKP-Settings_480.png
    AOKP-ROMControl_480.png
    AOKP-Toggles_480.png
    Just flashed clean. Freaking love it, best rom I've ever seen.
    However, I'm having data issues at boot.
    Love the fast torch feature.

Yep. Still ironing out the data issues. Going to work on it more tonight.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
    Sorry guys, the ROMbot server (nightly) is down for maintenance that is taking A LOT longer than it really should have.

We expect to be back up and running in about 1-2 days.

Sorry, the 4.0.4 merge had us in a bit of disarray for a while.

I did some functional checks for this yesterday and I think we're in much better shape with the ROM.

It should be working like it was previously. Let me know if you experience differently.

(NOTE: You will need a complete wipe when upgrading to the 4.0.4 version).
    So with this new "official" build out, is it feasible that Hash will be able to superfy AOKP?

From Hashcode's twitter:

CellZealot: ICS on D4 leaked and I finally had time to load it tonight. WOW!!! Is all I have to say...total transformation...well worth the risks.

Hashcode: and AOSP based ROMs for the leak are around the corner... Not that I'm saying everyone should install the leak..

http://twitter.com/#!/hashcode0f

So yes... shouldn't be too long before we see our ICS ROMs "superfy'd"