[ROM] ReACTV Rom for MotoACTV

Search This thread

dproldan

Dec 7, 2007
Malaga
This is a project I've been working on and off since I got my MotoACTV several months ago. A port of AOSP android for the MotoACTV.

What works:

- Wifi
- Audio
- Bluetooth (limited)
- Backlight level and leds.
- FM Radio.
- GPS.
- Accelerometer.
- all google apps
- most android functions. This is GingerBread 2.3.4.

What doesn't work (yet):

- Audio input
- native codecs, no video playing with stock players.
- HW acceleration
- some other things...

This is a work in progress yet, I just felt it reached a point where it's starting to be usable, so I'm releasing them as previews.

systemPreview13.img.zip 25/jan/2013
systemPreview18.img.zip 29/jan/2013 fixed battey icons, slightly improvement in video reproduction

That file is only the system image, it needs to be flashed with fastboot or ClearD's Image Flasher. The MotoACTV needs to be wiped. You need a boot image from the latest Motorola based roms, such as DPRom9.

No questions will be answered at this point. This is not finished, if you don't know how to install this, then wait for a more finished version. I already know most problems with this rom, please, no bug reporting, or improvement suggestion yet.

This is completely build from sources except for some non-open source binaries related to the hardware of the MotoACTV.

I am making the needed files to build this available to anyone who wants to give it a try and help. Atarii from the irc channel is already contributing.

https://github.com/dproldan

What can you do to help/contribute?
Post information that you feel could be usefull for other users. Apps that you have tried and found working, etc.
If you find a problem and know the solution, post about it.

During the development of this ROM, I bricked my dev MotoACTV. If you want to encourage development, use the donate button!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• tmpshot1.png
    tmpshot1.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,732
  • tmpshot2.png
    tmpshot2.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 3,669
  • tmpshot3.png
    tmpshot3.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 3,712
  • tmpshot4.png
    tmpshot4.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 3,515
  • tmpshot5.png
    tmpshot5.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,226
Last edited:

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
...Is this really happening??? ^_^

Will donate some cash come payday in a couple days. This is unreal.

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
This looks amazing. I would guess no Motorola launcher and actv functions?

Either way I'm incredibly excited and will do my best to provide any productive feedback that I can.

thr07

Feb 14, 2008
Me too $10 to dproldan, keep up the great work! It will be great if u could update your other ROM as well pls.

pantizol

Nov 24, 2009
bluetooth audio

Did anyone try if audio-in (microphone) works with bluetooth headsets? It would be amazing if I could make calls with skype on this rom.
Update: I bought a mono bluetooth (non a2dp) headset and tried it with this rom and Atarii's boot.img with bluetooth profiles. Pairing was successful but neither microphone nor audio worked. I installed the BTmono app to make the headset accessible to apps other than the dialer (which works perfekt on my phone), but no sucess on the motoactv.

Last edited:
Reactions: willfck4beer

yreham

Sep 16, 2010
yerres
Can someone give some feedback on this rom especially if we can install run keeper? Thank
you

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
Can someone give some feedback on this rom especially if we can install run keeper? Thank
you

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think dp is going to share any info on this one until he is further along. You could flash it and see how it goes. If you don't like it you could always go back to beta9 or whatever else you like.

Reactions: yreham

Jakmalmo

Aug 11, 2012
This looks great, but is it possible to get Market on it? I downloaded the APK, but when I open Play Store it tells me I will now add a google account to the device, but when I click Yes, I get returned to home-screen..

EDIT: I see in the pictures you attached, you have Play Store, so I guess i must have done something wrong?

Last edited:

Jakmalmo

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks dproldan.
Another question, how do I set a keyboard as default, everytime I reboot my watch, I have to reactivate Flit Keyboard..

fg

Aug 3, 2006
tips with this rom

1) install superuser via cwm from http://androidsu.com/superuser/ , not necessary, but important for most of my uses
2) install google apps via cwm, I had trouble with the recommended 20110828, so i went with gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip which worked first time
3) drop the lcd density so more fits on screen. I like 90, but 100 is probably more practical
4) install mx player and the recommended armv7 codecs from play store, even without hardware accel working, there's just enough oomf in there for software decoding of most sd formats

more to come

Reactions: pdrift and ClearD

hawkjm73

Feb 16, 2009
Does anyone have BT tethering working on this ROM? Is it supported by the stack? If not, is there anything I can do to try and get it working?

Saeviomage

Mar 7, 2013
Further to the above question: does anyone have bluetooth anything working with this rom? When I flashed it, it seemed like the names of bluetooth devices were bugged (as in - I couldn't see any, and when I paired with something by it's code instead, any app that wanted the name just crashed).

I just want to make sure it's the rom and not something I did.

When you say bluetooth tethering, do you mean something using the watch's wifi connection? Or do you mean the watch using your phone/pc net connection?

fg

Aug 3, 2006
Further to the above question: does anyone have bluetooth anything working with this rom? When I flashed it, it seemed like the names of bluetooth devices were bugged (as in - I couldn't see any, and when I paired with something by it's code instead, any app that wanted the name just crashed).

I just want to make sure it's the rom and not something I did.

When you say bluetooth tethering, do you mean something using the watch's wifi connection? Or do you mean the watch using your phone/pc net connection?

the first time i installed reactv, my bluetooth could scan for devices and would even pair with a bluetooth headset, but would not play any sound. a few days later after i'd accidentally wiped my data in cwm instead of running a backup and restored most of my settings with titanium i noticed sound was playing through my headset.

bluetooth tethering i can't test as my other android device lost this function in the latest official update and i haven't gotten around to working around that yet

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Has anyone else been able to rebuild reactv from source? i've tried following the directions and can get a compiled disk image, but it always hangs on boot before the adb service kicks in.

-fg

Saeviomage

Mar 7, 2013
the first time i installed reactv, my bluetooth could scan for devices and would even pair with a bluetooth headset, but would not play any sound. a few days later after i'd accidentally wiped my data in cwm instead of running a backup and restored most of my settings with titanium i noticed sound was playing through my headset.

bluetooth tethering i can't test as my other android device lost this function in the latest official update and i haven't gotten around to working around that yet

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Has anyone else been able to rebuild reactv from source? i've tried following the directions and can get a compiled disk image, but it always hangs on boot before the adb service kicks in.

-fg

I've been trying, but the instructions are not as clear as they could be (especially the bits about fixing user tags in android.mk files?). It would be nice if someone who knows how to do it would put out a script.

I have a script that does what I THINK needs to be done (except for fixing the android.mk files - because I have no idea what to do there), but I'm not 100% sure, and when it gets to the point of running make, it cannot find a makefile :(

-----start script-----
#run from the root of your vanilla android workspace

#download the motorola files

mkdir extracted_temp
cd extracted_temp
for i in system-core.tgz system-wlan-ti.tgz README.txt system-bluetooth.tgz motorola-external-visualization.tgz motorola-external-wbxmlparser.tgz motorola-external-util-linux.tgz motorola-external-jcifs.tgz motorola-external-jid3lib.tgz motorola-external-lbl.tgz motorola-external-bthelp.tgz motorola-external-hunspell.tgz kernel-omap3.tgz hardware-ti-omap3.tgz external-iproute2.tgz external-iptables.tgz external-elfcopy.tgz external-elfutils.tgz external-expat.tgz external-e2fsprogs.tgz external-dnsmasq.tgz external-dbus.tgz external-bluetooth-bluez.tgz external-bluetooth-glib.tgz external-bison.tgz external-alsa-lib.tgz bionic.tgz
do
if [ ! -f $i ]
then
echo $i
wget --trust-server-name "https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/motoactv.motorola/MOTOACTV-Americas/1.7.11/$i"
fi
done

#extract them
for i in *.tgz
do
tar -xvf $i
done

#go through the extracted folders, and whenever there are files in a folder, delete the contents of that folder from the vanilla workspace
#so we overwrite the folder instead of merging. Note - this takes ages because it re-does the delete for each file in each folder
#but I can't be bothered to fix it

find -wholename "*/**" -exec rm .`dirname \{\}`/* \;

#copy the extracted folders to their destinations

for i in *
do
if [ -d $i ]
then
cp -r $i ..
fi
done

cd ..

#configure
lunch generic_G2-userdebug

#make
make
----end script-----

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a project I've been working on and off since I got my MotoACTV several months ago. A port of AOSP android for the MotoACTV.

What works:

- Wifi
    - Audio
    - Bluetooth (limited)
    - Backlight level and leds.
    - FM Radio.
    - GPS.
    - Accelerometer.
    - all google apps
    - most android functions. This is GingerBread 2.3.4.

What doesn't work (yet):

- Audio input
    - native codecs, no video playing with stock players.
    - HW acceleration
    - some other things...

This is a work in progress yet, I just felt it reached a point where it's starting to be usable, so I'm releasing them as previews.

systemPreview13.img.zip 25/jan/2013
    systemPreview18.img.zip 29/jan/2013 fixed battey icons, slightly improvement in video reproduction

That file is only the system image, it needs to be flashed with fastboot or ClearD's Image Flasher. The MotoACTV needs to be wiped. You need a boot image from the latest Motorola based roms, such as DPRom9.

No questions will be answered at this point. This is not finished, if you don't know how to install this, then wait for a more finished version. I already know most problems with this rom, please, no bug reporting, or improvement suggestion yet.

This is completely build from sources except for some non-open source binaries related to the hardware of the MotoACTV.

I am making the needed files to build this available to anyone who wants to give it a try and help. Atarii from the irc channel is already contributing.

https://github.com/dproldan

What can you do to help/contribute?
    Post information that you feel could be usefull for other users. Apps that you have tried and found working, etc.
    If you find a problem and know the solution, post about it.

During the development of this ROM, I bricked my dev MotoACTV. If you want to encourage development, use the donate button!

Enjoy!
    Yep. Working on it!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
    I made a couple of compilations yesterday, cleaning things a bit, etc
    I will post a new preview in the next days.

Yes, exactly that.

Sorry, I don't remember specifics. There were many problems while compiling, but searching the error messages in google usually gave me the solution.

Well, I got it to compile, create a system.img, install and run with only one issue (a status bar crash) that your image does not have, so I consider that a decent success.

The status bar crashed due to:
    08-07 21:44:12.615 1475 1475 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: File res/drawable-ldpi/stat_sys_signal_4_fully.png from drawable resource ID #0x7f02007d: .xml extension required)

But apart from that, it's a functioning Reactv.

I'm considering putting up a github repository that contains all of the modifications that need to be done to a vanilla android checkout (ie - all the 1.7.11 motoactv sources with the module tag and other modifications that are needed). As far as I know, everything involved is open source. Does anyone have information to the contrary that might stop me doing that?

dp - would you be ok with me putting your vendor and device folders in there too?

I just figure this stuff might be easier if people didn't have to muck about getting things to compile and could just checkout vanilla android, copy these files over and start fixing real bugs.
    No, that one is dead for good. I bought another motoactv so I could have a development unit and a daily driver. This is the one I'm using now.