Couple questions about power button and build quality.

Search This thread

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
I picked up my Z2 on Saturday, love some stuff about the phone a ton, just have a couple of nitpicks.

There's some "gap" issues in that it's not uniform all the way around, it seems to be purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the waterproof aspect of the phone.

• The power button is shockingly small, and it feels pretty awful to press, there is no feedback at all. It's a spongy, mushy, mess.
  • The volume rocker is incredibly loose, I can deal.
  • Mine didn't come with the neat noise cancelling headphones :(

corallus

May 5, 2011
The power button is very firm but I have found after some use the feedback improves a lot. It is still less than z1 though

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

eallan

Apr 23, 2010
The power button is very firm but I have found after some use the feedback improves a lot. It is still less than z1 though

Good to know feedback may improve. I never used the z1 myself. Is it essentially the same button?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

corallus

May 5, 2011
No, same design but z1 was more of a pronounced button with easier feedback, however it did feel loose and Could be rattled. The z2 is more firm and to press it, you have to want to. Like I said, it feels better after some use and now I'd say overall is better than z1.

shaf46

May 15, 2014
Port louis
About the batch

I picked up my Z2 on Saturday, love some stuff about the phone a ton, just have a couple of nitpicks.

There's some "gap" issues in that it's not uniform all the way around, it seems to be purely cosmetic and doesn't affect the waterproof aspect of the phone.

• The power button is shockingly small, and it feels pretty awful to press, there is no feedback at all. It's a spongy, mushy, mess.
  • The volume rocker is incredibly loose, I can deal.
  • Mine didn't come with the neat noise cancelling headphones :(

Hi, your device is from which batch ? ( look in the micro sd hole , there a lil black paper and it is written on it , 14w15 or 16 or 17 or 18 )