Problems doing OTA upgrate after root - not standard problem

Search This thread

marijan_e

Jan 16, 2009
Hello,

I am currently running rooted stock rom with HTC Dev unlocked bootloader with clockwork recovery. When I tried to download and install OTA it of course fails. I installed stock recovery, same thing installation always stucks at 1/3. I tried relocking bootloader, i tried un root. And I even tried to install Maximus rom (after unlocking bootloader and installing clockwork again) and I cant. Is there something that I messed up?

Is it possible I am using wrong stock recovery image?

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
Go with the ruu. And why would you think it's not standard problem?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

marijan_e

Jan 16, 2009
Go with the ruu. And why would you think it's not standard problem?

I installed RUU (the one that doesn't contain latest update) and same thing happened, isntallation just freezes.

I was under impression that this problem usually happens when there is no stock recovery or when USB cable remains plugged in, which is not my case.

PAGOT

Dec 24, 2007
I installed RUU (the one that doesn't contain latest update) and same thing happened, isntallation just freezes.

I was under impression that this problem usually happens when there is no stock recovery or when USB cable remains plugged in, which is not my case.

well for me it stopped also till I flashed the correct ruu. Without charge or bad recovery or unlocked.

Now I am bit confused. The ruu works and the ota after fails or the ruu fails the same way as the ota?

marijan_e

Jan 16, 2009
not sure whic RUU I installed but it worked on device, OTA fails with stock recovery, no matter if i have unlocked or relocked bootloader

Last edited:

alexandervandam1982

Jul 20, 2009
First use htc One x toolkit wich is found here somwwhere. Downliad the latest 2.17 RUU.exe. with toolkit lock your bootloader.(of you are using a custom rom it reboots back into bootloader) use the fastboot option and then run the latest 2.17 RUU. Lower versions don't work

Hope you will succeed

Sent from my HTC One X