[APP][Update 01/05/10] Smoke Tracker - Keep an Eye on how much you smoke v0.3.4

Search This thread

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Greetings,

I made a small program that helps me to keep an eye on how much cigarettes I smoke. It is made for people (like me) who want's to reduce their tabaco consumption or stop smoking by reducing consumption over a period of time.
It's simple to use, so you wont be bugged by heavy usability. Just run it and click "Got one..." whenever you smoke a cigarette. The overall daily rate is stored in a xml file for each day. By using the calendar navigator you can track how much you smoked on which day.
By setting up thresholds you can define audible alerts (2 .wav are included) and the colour of the counter gets red when the threshold exceeds.
Threshold 1 plays "cough.wav", and Threshold 2 plays "smoke-that.wav".

To Enable the "Smoke Advisor" (available since version 0.3) got to the settings page and enable it and set the average hours you smoke per day, so for example if you stand up at 08:00 in the morning and go to bed at 22:00 in the evening set the SA-Hours to 14. The "Smoke Advisor" works by calculating the time between each cigarette in corosponding to your daily target setting and the smoking hours. Now, if the timespan between you smoked the last cig and the moment you press "got one" is shorter than the calculated value you will get a warning which you can follow or ignore.

To get the monay tracker to work, just go to menu->settings and write down the price per cig. If the .(dot) does not work when you try to enter a price, try a , (comma) instead and does so vice versa.

Planned features for future version:

- Add option to give reason why you smoked per cig (example: Bored, Angry, Stress, Daily routine, party, etc...)
- Add option to support you smoking less by defining a timeframe for reduction

If you have any comments or suggestions for more features, feel free to post here.

If this program helps you reducing your cigarette consumption, feel free to donate some of the money you saved that way ;-)

Enjoy it, as usual, it's freeware!

Download from Homepage at: http://www.silentservices.de/smoketracker.html or the attached file.

Requirements:
WinMo >= 5.0
.NetCF 3.5

Changelog:

Changes in v0.3.4 - Release Date: 05.01.2010

NOTE: Please make sure you backup your settings.xml and the other xml files before updating!!!

EDIT 01/05/10 20:14 : Re-uploaded version 0.3.4 due to small bug in the stats (progressbar overload)

- Fixed the 2k10 bug in statistics
- Added requested feature: If Smoke Advisor is enabled a timer is displayed in the main window that shows how much time is left to the next cig.
- Added timer in main windows that shows how much time passed since the smoke.
- Changed the statistics to a list view. It now shows all month and last and current week

Version 0.3.2 on 14.08.2009:
- Fixed some bugs
- CAB should now be installable on storage card

Version 0.3 on 13.08.2009:

- Fixed double entries in time list (at least I hope so)
- Fixed auto height for time list
- Fixed "Mignight-Bug"
- Changed order of time entries to: last cig = first entry
- Added "remove one" in menu
- Added minimize softkey (to exit press x or click menu->exit)
- Added Statistics page (takes some time to load as it has to grab through all the xml files)
- Added Money Tracker in startpage and statistics, shows how much money went to dust
- Added "Smoke Advisor" function

Version 0.2 on 10.08.2009:
- Fixed the System.IO Exception (At leat I hope so)
- Added possibility to choose sound (has to be stored in \Windows od \My Documents\My Ringtones\ path. This is bound to these directories, not by me, but by M$)

Screenhots:
Screen01.png
Screen02.png
Screen03.png

Attachments

• Smoke-Tracker-v0.3.4.CAB
    126.3 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:

fktoss

May 23, 2009
Error on startup...

Cools app...I installed on my Sprint Treo Pro (WM6.1) and LG Incite running stock LG ROM WM6.1 V10x. When starting the app, I got an error popup saying: 'An error message is availabe for the...', I have to click 'Ok' then the app shows up. Then I click the 'Got one' button, another error popped up with: 'System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundExcept...', have to click 'Ok' again to get rid of it. Then I'm back at the app with no update...

The samething happended on both phones so I doubt it's my phones...So what's missing directory?

holy1661

Jan 16, 2007
I Like this app.

Anything that encourages people to not smoke.

Also a good name would be SmokeAlarm. Or CancerCount. :eek:

WAIKIKI728

Jan 18, 2009
Greetings,

I made a small program that helps me to keep an eye on how much cigarettes I smoke. It is made for people (like me) who want's to reduce their tabaco consumption or stop smoking by reducing consumption over a period of time.
It's simple to use, so you wont be bugged by heavy usability. Just run it and click "Got one..." whenever you smoke a cigarette. The overall daily rate is stored in a xml file for each day. By using the calendar navigator you can track how much you smoked on which day.
By setting up thresholds you can define audible alerts (2 .wav are included) and the colour of the counter gets red when the threshold exceeds.
Threshold 1 plays "cough.wav", and Threshold 2 plays "smoke-that.wav".

Things planned in future versions:
- Add edit box with predefinable reasons why you smoked
- Add sound file selector

If you have any comments or suggestions for more features, feel free to post here.

If this program helps you reducing your cigarette consumption, feel free to donate some of the money you saved that way ;-)

Enjoy it, as usual, it's freeware!

I have tried in samsung omnia ....doesn´t work...gives me one error...

borealcool

Jul 5, 2007
Quebec
I tried this on my Samsung Omnia i910 (CDMA) with .NET-CF 3.5 installed and I get System.IO.DirectoryNotFound when I press Got one...

With the bug worked out, it would also be great if this app could wane smokers down on a designated time frame. For example it could calculate how many cigs per day for 15 days, then start waning down smokers over 3 months. A bit of math and your genius programming is all that's required :)

modulusman

Feb 5, 2009
This is fantastic! And much appreciated...

Thanks alot...

Now if we could just get it to work! Haha... I'm also getting this infamous error when I open the program as well as when I press the "GOT ONE" button.

Last edited:

GTRoberts

Mar 22, 2007
Sydney
Great work!!

Make sure you sign up with the Microsoft Windows Mobile Marketplace and get your program published to thousands of other WM users; either for free if you choose so or you can charge $ for it.

robcsi1979

Nov 30, 2005
Budapest
i get errors whenever i open or touch got one... have net3.5 too
Reply With Quote - On my HTC DIAMOND! I need this prog, wahts wrong with it? Can anybody solve this mistake?

fktoss

May 23, 2009
V0.2 works...

V0.2 works now, thans. One suggestion, can we have the app minimize once the user presses 'Got one' just to save some time. The user can then goes back to whatever screen before...

Thanks.

robcsi1979

Nov 30, 2005
Budapest
This relase work for me on my HTC Diamond :) THX!! I will quitting smoke! :) But I have 1 question, and idea: I can't reset the tracker time in tracker log. For example if I "get one" casual which I dont smoke, I cant reset it the tracker time. My plan is 12 piece/day in the first days, then 10/a day. I think I can quit smoke slowly. :)

Sorry 4 my bad English, I'm from Hungary, and I don't practice in English:)

THANX 4 the new realse, it's work for me!!