Went to ATT Device Center Regarding KITKAT issue

Search This thread

jimmietilt

Dec 28, 2007
I installed the OTA for kit kat and my phone lost touch control as some other threads are stating. I tried everything, odin , side loading and nothing worked so i went to device center with my active that is no longer under warranty. As soon as i told the representative that i have the active and i did kit kat update he said "and your touch screen doesn't work?" He told me they had tons of people come in today for that issue. I always look on xda first when i have a phone problem so i just wanted to write this post to warn people not to do ota because this could happen, and also for people dealing with this it is a known issue and the device center knows about it.. This guy was awesome btw he even swapped out my battery and gave me the new back cover. Its the little things in life:laugh:

ShimaMiku

Jun 17, 2007
New England
How could it be out of warranty? The phone came out in June and it carries a one year warranty. That is assuming you didn't void it somehow...

jimmietilt

Dec 28, 2007
How could it be out of warranty? The phone came out in June and it carries a one year warranty. That is assuming you didn't void it somehow...

Thats what i thought! It does have a one year warranty right? I was talking to a rep from att on their online chat service and she was saying that it was only a 3 month warranty which didn't seem right to me. She also told me that the unresponsive touch screen was not a "known issue". I said to her, its only been out a couple of days it can still be an issue with the update. I wasnt gonna bring up warranty with the guy at the device center. As soon as he came walking out with a shiny new (refurbished) active i was very happy and keep my mouth shut.

NJ_RAMS_FAN

Sep 28, 2011
North Bergen, NJ
hm.. I told my brother-in-law to give samsung a call. seems like alot of people are having this issue.. unresponsive, burn in, and super hot battery after kitkat..

jimmietilt

Dec 28, 2007
hm.. I told my brother-in-law to give samsung a call. seems like alot of people are having this issue.. unresponsive, burn in, and super hot battery after kitkat..

im glad you mentioned the burn in's...looked like a plasma tv when it gets an image burned into it....i had the top left of the download screen when in odin burned in..lol. the past 4 days i have been scratching my head to what i did wrong with my phone, glad to know i wasn't the only one. att really should stop the ota and fix it

TwoStroker37

Jun 21, 2013
The phone carries a 1 year warranty from Samsung. AT&T offers no warranty on any of the devices they sell but they are allowed to make exceptions on a per case basis. My Active has been shipped off to Samsung 3 times now since June.

Top Liked Posts