[Q] Fascinate ROM to Mesmerize ROM???

Search This thread

LazerOrca

Jul 27, 2011
Greenville, NC
Google Pixel 6
Hi guys! so after giving my mesmerize to my family to use, I have gotten it back. In the course of them having my phone, they took it to the carrier because they were having problems with it, so it has been flashed back to stock. I was running avatar on it. I believe 4.2.. I know that there was a way to convert fascinate roms over to mesmerize roms back then. I think I did it one time myself. it was a small little program that would do the conversion. i am interested in flashing one of these kitkat roms that you guys have over on the fascinate side. Is there an easy way to do this now? Thank you guys in advance.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Hi guys! so after giving my mesmerize to my family to use, I have gotten it back. In the course of them having my phone, they took it to the carrier because they were having problems with it, so it has been flashed back to stock. I was running avatar on it. I believe 4.2.. I know that there was a way to convert fascinate roms over to mesmerize roms back then. I think I did it one time myself. it was a small little program that would do the conversion. i am interested in flashing one of these kitkat roms that you guys have over on the fascinate side. Is there an easy way to do this now? Thank you guys in advance.

i think you have to use voice dialer to edit the APNs. not sure what the apns are for uscc though.

hhp_211

May 15, 2008

i think you have to use voice dialer to edit the APNs. not sure what the apns are for uscc though.

yes but unfortunately 'voice dialer' does not work in any - kit kat - 4.4 - cm11 - ROM that i'm aware of , I have successfully used the program 'elixir 2' to edit the file though and posted about here if you need to search for it...

\system\etc\apns-conf.xml

this is the info that the file should need:
<apn carrier="USCC" mcc="311" mnc="220" apn="internet" mmsc="http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS" authtype="3" port="80" mmsport="80" type="mms" />

then appropriately in the 'edit APNs' section, too

I know the PA ROMs since January should have the proper stuff and a built in function for the xml and an included APN editor (so no voice dialer or other programs needed) and fully functioning
also check this post out for some other information of a ROM that has the proper apn stuff as well but is slightly unstable and gives random reboots but otherwise fully functional

LazerOrca

Jul 27, 2011
Greenville, NC
Google Pixel 6
yes but unfortunately 'voice dialer' does not work in any - kit kat - 4.4 - cm11 - ROM that i'm aware of , I have successfully used the program 'elixir 2' to edit the file though and posted about here if you need to search for it...

\system\etc\apns-conf.xml

this is the info that the file should need:
<apn carrier="USCC" mcc="311" mnc="220" apn="internet" mmsc="http://mmsc1.uscc.net/mmsc/MMS" authtype="3" port="80" mmsport="80" type="mms" />

then appropriately in the 'edit APNs' section, too

I know the PA ROMs since January should have the proper stuff and a built in function for the xml and an included APN editor (so no voice dialer or other programs needed) and fully functioning
also check this post out for some other information of a ROM that has the proper apn stuff as well but is slightly unstable and gives random reboots but otherwise fully functional

Unfortunately, a lot of this is over my head. I have learned just enough about this stuff to flash a custom recovery, flash roms, and "devil" kernel for all of the cool over clocking mods... Every rom I have used was already set up for mesmerize. All I needed to do was flash it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app