Computer wont recognize my G2

Search This thread

fjgotgame24

Mar 24, 2009
Everytime I connect via usb, it tries to install drivers but fails. I am unable to transfer files like music, pics and was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

sunnymiu

Nov 25, 2007
Try to change different connection mode on the phone, like storage mode to copies files or PC Suite to sync files like iTunes.

fjgotgame24

Mar 24, 2009
I've tried different cords and also different connect methods. I dont have the suit though, I'll download that and see how that goes. Its weird though because it was working prior to the kit kat update and tbh Im beginning to think its my computer that is having the issues and not my phone. But dont really know what to do about it.

B

bachera

You can also download the drivers from LG website on your phone models page.
Uninstall previous, install the new ones. Reboot computer.

Plug in phone and ignore the promotion phone to install. Choose appropriate mode for connecting and victory.

If not check in explorer on computer if phone is listed ;)

That should do it

P

podagee

if you are talking about that little error in the bottom right of your computer screen that says something like usb failed to recognize with a yellow triangle, try rebooting that usually works for me if not
uninstall the lg driver
reboot then reinstall the lg driver and you should be good to go..

fjgotgame24

Mar 24, 2009
Hmm...idk but I think something wasn't right with my root. I checked on rootchecker and it was verified then I checked again it night and it wouldn't detect it. So I rerooted my phone and the connection seems to be working now. I hope this also takes care of all the other issues I've been having :)

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app