best battery life???

Search This thread

tomworallpfc

Feb 4, 2010
what roms / radios will give me the best battery life. currently running ahens latest rom with radio 2.08.50.05. battery life is good, have used nrgs roms in the past and they seem to drain my batt within a day of hardly any use.

chris_ah1

Jan 4, 2010
London
2.09 radio seems best, as does 1.72 base and 218*** WM builds. look for roms like those.

Laurentius's ultimate power has great battery life. But most are ok for HD2. There are very few stinkers, and most battery life issues are due to 16GB cards - avoid roms with the documents/e-reader tabs to be sure of better battery life.

wilcovh

Feb 21, 2008
Wales, UK
There are quite a few people complaining about battery dain caused by the memory cards.
The most simple test is proven to start the phone without a memory card. is it better then reformat the card in the phone. copy the files on it and try again. If that not works search for corrupt files on the card. especially music.
the indexing serviceisgion wild on some phones. shutting it down solves the problem.
use the search of the forum on these things and you will find quite a few threads about this subject

pa49

May 28, 2006
Mem cards are all power hungery especially if you have your apps installed to them. Internal memory is more efficient, faster and uses less power.

Jammie_1989

Nov 28, 2009
Manchester
On Radio 2.09 using Ahenf series ROM took off charge this morning at 7:15 now 13:10 and its on 73% which is a big improvement over other ROMS I have tried :D Also the icon set on this ROM, Stability and performance is great. Only downside Marketplace doesn't work. Which I don't use anyway :D

Qazz~

Feb 10, 2010
Singapore
Using the setup in my sig
charge overnight, took out from charger at 6:15, did moderate to high web-browsing and turned on wifi router for bout 15 mins. Battery now at 22:10 61%

tomworallpfc

Feb 4, 2010
On Radio 2.09 using Ahenf series ROM took off charge this morning at 7:15 now 13:10 and its on 73% which is a big improvement over other ROMS I have tried :D Also the icon set on this ROM, Stability and performance is great. Only downside Marketplace doesn't work. Which I don't use anyway :D

good shout i am really enjoying Ahens ROMS what is the radio you are using the long version 2.09.51.05 or whatever it is?

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
I've searched the thread but few people seem to comment on battery for Artemis whereas it always gets praised on Ultimate Power. Anyone using it?

chris_ah1

Jan 4, 2010
London
just remember that roms like energy's will run down more quickly because the backlight is set so high.

Once you reduce it to 40%/60% battery/external things DO even out. But even then 576MB rom will use more juice esp if you load the memory up.

The more you use the device, the less you will notice differences - because use is use no matter how good a rom is. It's in standby where the tweaks shine.

I personally found Artemis < Dutty's HG < Energy < Ultimate Power.
BUTBUTBUT - we're talking about a few extra percent overnight, or a little during the day. For instance from 2days of moderate use to 2days with a bit more left for the third, but not completely.

Jammie_1989

Nov 28, 2009
Manchester
just remember that roms like energy's will run down more quickly because the backlight is set so high.

Once you reduce it to 40%/60% battery/external things DO even out. But even then 576MB rom will use more juice esp if you load the memory up.

The more you use the device, the less you will notice differences - because use is use no matter how good a rom is. It's in standby where the tweaks shine.

I personally found Artemis < Dutty's HG < Energy < Ultimate Power.
BUTBUTBUT - we're talking about a few extra percent overnight, or a little during the day. For instance from 2days of moderate use to 2days with a bit more left for the third, but not completely.

When I used Energy ROM is was going down 8-12% an hour with it in standby :( Loved the ROM but this was to much.

tomworallpfc

Feb 4, 2010
When I used Energy ROM is was going down 8-12% an hour with it in standby :( Loved the ROM but this was to much.

couldnt agree more i loved nrgs roms just killed the batt, updated radio last nite and have used as normal this morning from full charge, calls, texts, email, facebook and heavy internet use, still on 80%.... 30% more than usual!