win xp final driver wlan ok touchscreen OK except calibration

Search This thread

febelus

Mar 7, 2006
This post is for people who want to install win xp on HTC SHIFT:

The driver i've found and WORK are: UPDATED LINK 10-05-2008
graphic card: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...All&OSFullName=All+Operating+Systems&lang=eng
usb network: http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?...emID=86;71;101
touchpad: http://drivers.synaptics.com/Synapti...0_1_8_XP32.exe
intel chipset: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...All&OSFullName=All+Operating+Systems&lang=eng
wlan marvell sd-8686: work!!! howto is here
audio: ftp://152.104.238.19/pc/audio/WDM_R195.zip
bluetooth: work without driver
3g connettivity: sharing with active sync
fingerprint: www.ngt.cn/files/fingerprint.rar
vitakey for fingerprint:copy c:\program files\vitakey from vista partition and execute setup
htc control panel: work only on Vista?????
change resolution: work only on Vista??????
touchpad: WORK !!howto is here

please post link for driver only if tested WORK on XP.

WLAN DRIVER HOWTO:
download wlan driver at: http://www.raondigital.com/data/WLAN Driver_1_1.zip
download sdbus at: http://www.raondigital.com/data/SD Bus Driver_1_1.zip

now unpack sdbus driver to root of your o.s.
reboot your shift and start windows xp disk
run recovery terminal
copy sdbus.sys to yourxpdrive:\windows\system32\drivers
reboot
open device manager
on controller host secure digital->properties->driver detail
the driver version now is 6.053.......OK
go to marvell sd-8686->properties->update driver->select the directory of wlan1.1 driver
and all WORK FINE!!!!!!

Now i need someone to port resolution and htc shift control manager!!!!!!!

fabio

EDITED TOUCH SCREEN

TOUCHSCREEN HOWTO

Installation proces for touch screen:

1.Download HTC Shift Driver Updates (Windows Vista) from htc.com
2.From the drivers packet choose following items:

Vista ECDrvV1 and
Touch Screen 1.0.1.10

3.First instal Vista ECDrvV1
4.Install Touch Screen 1.0.1.10(please do not forget to confirm the announcement
......The software was not tested for windows system ETC......which will appear during the installation process and continue the installation)
5.Restart
6.Go to Start-Control Panel-System-Hardware-device Manager-Human Interface Devices-and here are two HID-compliant device.Disable only the first HID-compliant device (the first HID - compliant from the top)

7.Now the calibration is working
-------------------------------------10-05-08-------------------------------------
Thx to Pof for htcset for enable and disable wifi and bluetooth!!!!
Pof Greate work!!!

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

-------------------------------16-06-08------------------------------------------------
uploaded htc hid pen driver and controller
please use FULL driver magician with demo doesn't work!!!

i need help to :

2° create an intuitive howto with pictures

4° port resolution changer to windows XP
5° resolve if exist vitakey issue!!!

HELP is appreciated!!
HELP ME! HELP ME!

Last edited:

bg4qqz

Mar 5, 2008
Suzhou
www.ngt.cn
I tested graphic card, usb network, touchpad, fingerprint,Realtech Audio, all works well.
3g connetion will works by itself after you install activesnyc(mine is ver4.5) and run internet sharing in WM side

Last edited:

febelus

Mar 7, 2006
please post the link for fingerprint........there are someone who have a wlan driver tested???

motoi_bogdan

Sep 8, 2007
has anyone found the drivers for the wlan adapter?
the fingerprint sensor is the same used on some hp laptops i've seen in the past. i'll try their drivers and will reply if it succedes.

febelus

Mar 7, 2006
post post post!!! win xp is the grate s.o. for this device after linux.....boot time is 20" !!!!
please post driver link!!!!

febelus

Mar 7, 2006
now have some wlan driver extract from vista...all is ok but s.o. can't start device!!!!!

febelus

Mar 7, 2006

rokit.man89

Feb 22, 2007
The driver for WLAN device comes through windows update and comes up as cannot satrt coz the control center starts the device.

Bluetooth installs fine under win XP apparently - cannot confirm. but you have to have it turned on in vista before installing xp otherwise it doesnt pick it up - again cant confirm but may explain why no bt devices have been picked up in my xp installation.

finger print driver from vista works perfectly under win XP, cant upload atm as both the shifts im workin g on are at at work and im not in all this week, but i thing theres a folder called finger print reader or sumthing like tht in program files under the vista image, just copy that file and the x32 executable file and the reader is installed the vitakey app also works under xp.

rosariob

Apr 26, 2006

I Think that you should sticky the thread.

Now we need only the touchpanel driver and we will have a perfect Win XP Machine!

rokit.man89

Feb 22, 2007
Now i need someone to port touchscreen driver,resolution and htc shift control manager!!!!!!!

fabio

I had extracted all the drivers previously from vista to have a look at but couldnt manage to get them to work, im due back into work tomora evening and will upload them all then and see if any of you guys can mange to get them to work

febelus

Mar 7, 2006
vitakey install sufccessfully but doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!finger print software needed!!!

benktlottie

Jan 1, 2006
First 5 links don't work for me. Can you put the full urls in please? Or zip them up and host them all somewhere?

I also agree this thread should be stickied!!! :) Fantastic work.

bg4qqz

Mar 5, 2008
Suzhou
www.ngt.cn
I can not find bluetooth after winxp install, Should turn it on under vista before installing Winxp? How can i find bluetooth under winxp if i not? thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd suggest to forget about XP and switch to Win7. Installation is pretty easy, Shift's running really cool with it, XP mode is available and security updates are to be expected for at least the next five years.
    Meanwhile Win8.1 is also working for Shift, just take alook at the fora.