[Q] How can I change only fonts?

Search This thread

ylwsub68

Jun 10, 2010
I've looked through this forum for this question, but I haven't found a thread that straight-out asks it.

How would you go about changing ONLY the fonts on the Epic? The idea of theming piqued my interest, but after seeing a bunch of themes on here that don't really fit my taste, I thought I'd start by changing a few fonts around before actually editing any images.

Any tips, tutorials, or other help would be greatly appreciated for myself and others on this forum, I'm sure.

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
I've looked through this forum for this question, but I haven't found a thread that straight-out asks it.

How would you go about changing ONLY the fonts on the Epic? The idea of theming piqued my interest, but after seeing a bunch of themes on here that don't really fit my taste, I thought I'd start by changing a few fonts around before actually editing any images.

Any tips, tutorials, or other help would be greatly appreciated for myself and others on this forum, I'm sure.

Just change the font files in system>fonts

I looked into this for my theme just haven't pulled the trigger yet

Sent from my Emotionless Beast of an Epic using the XDA App

ylwsub68

Jun 10, 2010
adb push whateverfontyouwant.ttf /system/fonts/DroidSansBold.ttf and so on and so forth...

So I assume this would take a font you wanted and put it on the phone, in that folder, renaming it to and replacing DroidSansBold.ttf? Are there other fonts than DroidSansBold? Does a font you choose have to be in a certain format?

Etc, etc, etc...

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
So I assume this would take a font you wanted and put it on the phone, in that folder, renaming it to and replacing DroidSansBold.ttf? Are there other fonts than DroidSansBold? Does a font you choose have to be in a certain format?

Etc, etc, etc...

Pretty much, there are other font files on the phone just use adb to look and see which ones you will need to replace, just do adb shell and then once you get the prompt, type cd /system/fonts and then type the command "ls" which will list all of the font files in the folder. I would recommend taking whatever font that you want to add and copying it as many times as there are files in the /system/fonts folder, and then renaming each copy to match the ttf files in the the fonts folder to replace, and then just push them all to the phone with adb. If you need more instructions just pm me and I can help you out in more detail :)

makskylan

Mar 16, 2009
Marion, Ohio
There is a thread on the EVO 4G forums that have over 100 flashable fonts. It's pretty cool but they change the entire system font.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA

Attached is a font I really like (and use on my Epic). Here's the zip that you can flash using Clockwork-- that will flash the font only.
Here's the source of the font: http://www.dafont.com/comfortaa.font

But ya, you could really drop any fonts in this zip and flash them, as long as they're .ttf (true type fonts), and you rename them to match what's already in the file.

Attachments

• ComfortAAFonts.zip
    381.5 KB · Views: 28