[APP][2.2+]Backup Your Mobile

Search This thread

lanx

Apr 5, 2011
Very fast, easy to use and powerful tool to backup and restore.

Application can backup and restore: Contacts, SMSes, MMSes, Call logs, System settings, Secure system settings, Wifi passwords, User dictionary, APNs, Calendar events, Bookmarks and browser history (device dependent).
Wifi passwords and restore of secure system settings works on rooted devices only.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.backupyourmobile

Backups are stored on SD card or in device memory, it is also possible to store data on Google Drive or Dropbox.

It is possible to schedule automatic backups. Application can automatically upload backups to Google Drive, Dropbox.
Vm-QaiWj84VAhqjFG4DoIjn5jQ-xHcTIbK_S6qFBGp2qSwAs09JwaZNE8uckRH9CxQ=h230
8NCuXzrwCgJQn7F4AiGgUm3v4hK81bMKszKtV6ykydE9fpxalI74seCegU2HZK6UNEM=h230
0wBYw4H09R7VnzZNif8SV8YzAr1QehZh1pK2MTqTqqPrFaBT77VoVacuHWHN6t-Xfmg=h230
NTc8l5eh6uOgJlWgf2HlsX_4Lqc29Wbhuj8LLrJ7YDlauWwgU5md3NPrAeV3JXIijFk=h230
gj9OzEjHGAYza8K4KwtQ8IUDOJE02jgcGWJtGUc4OHkqeXOhzpLoRSKOyvwOYpcJ8Vs=h230
Hg6dgMrgDK2emCtOoE_WmLx3EKMITtBRAVikLL5uIaFxJSgj_i9lOXoNaxxn-2cp1Ss=h230

Last edited:

sUsH667

Jul 1, 2011
thx!

thx for making this!

til now i was using super backup (additionally to titanium backup), but since your app offers some useful additions i really like (backup of system settings, user dictionary and browser history and backup to the cloud for example), i just installed your app a few moments ago to give it a try.

does it backup stuff "only" for stock apps or for third party stuff like swype as keyboard or naked browser as browser, too? if not, do you plan to integrate such feature? it probably wouldn't even need big changes or additions (depending on the app to backup) to enhance your app with this, cause in most cases the only thing different is the place where the data (the .db, the .xml or whatever) is stored.

as always, just my thoughts though.

thx again and keep up the good work!

greetz,

sUsH667

Last edited:

lanx

Apr 5, 2011
I tested it on stock apps only if Naked Browser or Swype are using own providers, the app will not see their data.

Please make a backup of bookmarks and user dictionary, go to restore tab and tap the magnifier icon.
App will display preview and you will see exactly what was backed-up.

lanx

Apr 5, 2011
New version is available in play added:
- calendar events backup
- options for advanced users (delete backup, change app directory)

Hi there. This seems like a nice app but playstore says it's incompatible with my HTC desire running CM7.

¿Is this app supposed to run on Gingerbread? ¿Does it support Cyanogenmod settings?

Even if it does not, thanks for writting this app and posting it for free.

cookpass

Jan 12, 2009
Wrexham
Re: [APP][2.2+][FREE] Backup Your Mobile

I get a force close every time it gets past the bookmarks bit. I'm on the latest Jellybean ota update.

It makes no mention, so I'm assuming you don't need root?

Great ideas though.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Thanks for this great application!
What a great idea.
I think something like this is very useful, and too often people use apps like Titanium Backup which allow sometimes what I feel is TOO much to be restored.
This seems like a great balance of what's desired by many and what's practical and safe to restore from rom to rom.

My one very small suggestion for now, which is not necessary, especially for a FREE app, but maybe a little reworking of the UI.
I would be happy to help with that if help was wanted/needed at all.
I just think there could be a little more visual balance and some updated icons, etc,..
If this isn't a concern or something you already had planned, then disregard this part of my post.

What I was thinking to balance things out a bit more, and this is just a quick throw together in photoshop, was something like this:
Check boxes moved over to the right side, like most menus in ICS/JB.
Though I was saying, maybe update the icons a little, make the check boxes smaller, like in ICS/JB, so the check mark is actually bigger then the box it rests in.

Something like this with smaller boxes and updated icons, or the same icons even, maybe just retouched a little..

Sample_Layout.png

Again, if this was already planned or not a concern, then disregard.
Thanks again for your efforts on this.
Do you have any issues with this being cooked into roms? :)
(with credits given of course)

Last edited:

Guantonio

Jul 23, 2011
London
what means system settings?
2nd that request.
Could you please elaborate on what system settings are backed up. If I'm moving from say a ICS to JB rom I don't want to move anything over that may make the new rom unstable.

Should make a good replacement for G Cloud.
Will try it alongside Carbon until app data backup is included.

R

RenzkiPH

Thanks for app bro, can u create a file manager does have a root features like r/w r/o etc

gamepro602

Feb 7, 2013
Mesa
Re: [APP][2.2+][FREE] Backup Your Mobile

It force closes in the middle of a back up:(

Running slimbean cyanogenmod 10.1

Device: SPH-D710

EDIT: it appears that the app fc when backing up APNs:(

Laughing at you while eating jellybeans

Last edited:

moviecut

May 26, 2010
Lingen
How does this apk differ from Nandroid Backup?And what are the added benefits of this apk over Nandroid Backup and Titanium Backup?

nandroid = backing up the system as image
titanium backup = backing up apps with its data
Backup your mobile = backing up personal data

for me it makes perfect sense as each product does different things (although titanium backup can also backup sms and call logs, but its not that easy to use)

Reactions: pnsdhrn

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2

for me it makes perfect sense as each product does different things (although titanium backup can also backup sms and call logs, but its not that easy to use)

Thank you moviecut for your specific and clear reply.

Reactions: moviecut

lanx

Apr 5, 2011
@ady_uaic system settings are for example music volume, ring volume, screen brightness...

@cookpass, gamepro602 there is problem with APNs on last JellyBean, because google change security settings, please update to last version and try again

@santod040 I will take look at your suggestions later, so far I'm struggling with bugfixing and app stabilizing, unfortunately due to errors in android by phone manufactures, google politics of not informing developers about their security changes and of course my few mistakes I'm very busy with code :)

@albsat apps + data are on TODO list

@ItBankRock rather not if you want to install app run backup and check backup file it is in zip format (all pictures are stored as separate files in zip)

@pnsdhrn you must buy Titanium Pro to backup to Dropbox or Google Drive

@Guantonio moving from ICS to JB shouldn't be very risky, in case of any problems if your device is rooted it's jest a question of another factory reset and rom instalation

@cez10 surely it will be :)

@georgiejr android api gives back external memory location which can be internal :) depends on phone I will work more on this option in future

@Renz29 maybe in future

@moviecut thanks for great apps comparision

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Very fast, easy to use and powerful tool to backup and restore.

Application can backup and restore: Contacts, SMSes, MMSes, Call logs, System settings, Secure system settings, Wifi passwords, User dictionary, APNs, Calendar events, Bookmarks and browser history (device dependent).
    Wifi passwords and restore of secure system settings works on rooted devices only.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.backupyourmobile

Backups are stored on SD card or in device memory, it is also possible to store data on Google Drive or Dropbox.

It is possible to schedule automatic backups. Application can automatically upload backups to Google Drive, Dropbox.
    Vm-QaiWj84VAhqjFG4DoIjn5jQ-xHcTIbK_S6qFBGp2qSwAs09JwaZNE8uckRH9CxQ=h230
    8NCuXzrwCgJQn7F4AiGgUm3v4hK81bMKszKtV6ykydE9fpxalI74seCegU2HZK6UNEM=h230
    0wBYw4H09R7VnzZNif8SV8YzAr1QehZh1pK2MTqTqqPrFaBT77VoVacuHWHN6t-Xfmg=h230
    NTc8l5eh6uOgJlWgf2HlsX_4Lqc29Wbhuj8LLrJ7YDlauWwgU5md3NPrAeV3JXIijFk=h230
    gj9OzEjHGAYza8K4KwtQ8IUDOJE02jgcGWJtGUc4OHkqeXOhzpLoRSKOyvwOYpcJ8Vs=h230
    Hg6dgMrgDK2emCtOoE_WmLx3EKMITtBRAVikLL5uIaFxJSgj_i9lOXoNaxxn-2cp1Ss=h230
    New version available in Google Play added options for rooted devices Wifi passwords, restore of system settings, also it APNs read/write on android 4.x
    great app. hope one day we will have user apps+data backup option too.
    How does this apk differ from Nandroid Backup?And what are the added benefits of this apk over Nandroid Backup and Titanium Backup?

Thank you moviecut for your specific and clear reply.