[Q] Older Stock Downloads

Search This thread

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
I'm looking for a download of an older ROM. I want to try the RDLV root method but I want my original (or close to it) ROM ready in case of problems. Sammobile seems to only have MJ7 or thereabouts. Unless there's an older ROM link I am missing?

I am currently on MI7 and in download mode it's a TGY (Hong Kong) CSC. Ideally I'd like Australian or UK CSC and MI7 or less ROM.

Then I can try the root method and if I have a problem I am not reduced to using a ROM that will prevent me from trying again unless I want to break Knox.

As a side issue, when going into DL mode, I get the android bot, then a smaller one, on its back with a red exclamation above the open chest. Is that a usual picture or is it indicating something wrong?

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
NVM on the older ROM issue - I was looking at a post by brangalm re rooting and s/he mentioned entering the CSC in the search box. (I had tried puting in SM-N9005. I also found an older XSA version.

But I am still curious as to the sick android/exclamation mark in Download.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
it's normal, it's recovery mode after all, normally used to upload firmware when things go belly up, wipe cache when it doesn't work right etc.
I'm not even sure it was intended for user access, more likely service centers.

Journyman16

Aug 26, 2012
Murray Bridge
:D Well things went belly up and that mode isn't there anymore. All I get now is the error screen - phone -- yellow exclamation -- PC picture. And Odin will not go past a system.img.ext4 error.