Standby drain

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S7's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: edeprada

fredriks

May 31, 2014
I have a massive batterydrain in standby when I am connected to WiFi. When I'm on mobile data I have no batterydrain at all in standby

I don't have a clue why it is like this

captobie

Apr 24, 2008
I lose 18% over 8 hours. Maybe I'll try turning wifi off tonight. That said, battery life overall seems really good. No problems whatsoever getting through a full day on one charge.

chungdae

Jun 18, 2014
I have a massive batterydrain in standby when I am connected to WiFi. When I'm on mobile data I have no batterydrain at all in standby

I don't have a clue why it is like this

Go to WiFi > more > keep WiFi on during sleep > off

More than likely your WiFi is causing the drain by the always scanning feature turned on

Reactions: captobie

fredriks

May 31, 2014
I lose 18% over 8 hours. Maybe I'll try turning wifi off tonight. That said, battery life overall seems really good. No problems whatsoever getting through a full day on one charge.

Yes, do try that. It would be interesting for me too to know.

Go to WiFi > more > keep WiFi on during sleep > off

More than likely your WiFi is causing the drain by the always scanning feature turned on

Have that setting now but should not have to. On my S6 I have it allways on and there is no batterydrain problem.

Last edited:

shekinah

Nov 28, 2014
I bearly loose 1% per night (wifi on/always on display). Even in heavy use, the battery doesn't give up that easy...

shekinah

Nov 28, 2014
What tweaks/optimizations do you have? Exynos version or SD820?

I have the SD820 with package disabler pro and greenify and I lose about 5% overnight...

Hey man,

I have the exynos version. Still on stock, i just used "package disabler pro" - as you do - to get rid of all the bloatwares and apps i don't use.

Oh, and i don't know if that's relevant, but i disabled the fast charge, in order not to preserve the - non switchable - battery, it still charges quite fast.

I've checked three times now, i was never below 99% when i woke up.

Hope it helps.

vhc

May 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hey man,

I have the exynos version. Still on stock, i just used "package disabler pro" - as you do - to get rid of all the bloatwares and apps i don't use.

Oh, and i don't know if that's relevant, but i disabled the fast charge, in order not to preserve the - non switchable - battery, it still charges quite fast.

Hope it helps.

only lost 1% with Always on Display? That doesn't sound right

I lose about 2-3% over night without Always on Display

Last edited:

dspain28

Nov 15, 2011
Forney, TX
I am having massive battery drain

My phone drops 20% in 2 hours on standby and I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why android os is taking 500mb of data a day

fredriks

May 31, 2014
Here is a picture of my battery drain

From start I have WiFi on and then I turn WiFi off and the battery drain stops

Can't understand why WiFi is draining my battery like this ?

a14f99401b043066a899f414b19ae986.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

dspain28

Nov 15, 2011
Forney, TX
1459759687963.jpg
Anyone wanna explain wtf is going on with this, I don't have any backing up turned on. No syncing no diagnostics uploading. No Google photo no Google Drive, all of that disabled with tons of apps disabled with package pro disabler

Sent from my SM-G930T using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I typically lose about 4-5% overnight. Not bad, but not as good as a Nexus
    The problem was the Samsung Push Service Update.

(came as auto app update these days, may vary few days and some might not have installed yet, check ur playstore apps)

Go to apps, uninstall (will downgrade the app) -> fine standby drain again. Maybe do a reboot afterwards. I already reported to samsung + rated the app and u can update Post 1 ;)

ur all welcome
    S7 is a night mare when it comes to Stand By Usage
    my battery life has gotten horrible in the last couple of weeks. I'm not a heavy user and lately I have been down to 15% by 8PM. I can't figure out why it's so terrible, I even did a factory reset over the weekend because it was almost dead by 3PM with hardly any usage...

Does better battery stats or any other app really work to tell you what is causing the drain?

by the end of the day. It's usually Android system, Android OS, then Google Services as my top 3 battery uses. I rarely ever have 2 Hours Screen On Time.

https://goo.gl/photos/Q2JdLGRY91i5b9Sd9
    https://goo.gl/photos/2gg1zgan8NNqKj2p9
    What tweaks/optimizations do you have? Exynos version or SD820?

I have the SD820 with package disabler pro and greenify and I lose about 5% overnight...

Hey man,

Hope it helps.