[GAME][2.1+] Shurican - ninja jumping, demon slashing, trap dodging & shurikens

Search This thread

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
Good day!

This is my new project - a little ninja fighting time waster with one-finger controls, flappy bird movement, a variety of obstacles and moving traps.

J1PYfR3.gif
RJlPZXU.gif

8UB73iv.gif
1PBZZCT.gif

Gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIH7Mx1fssg

Tap to jump & slash, double tap to throw shuriken. Dodge obstacles, moving traps, demon-imps and their fireballs. Currently working on an endless score-based level and more fighting mechanics.

Try it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snoutup.shurican

Last edited:

jckhng

Jun 18, 2014
This looks fun. I will try it out and let you know how it goes!

Just tried it. It is good fun! But I have problem aiming the shurikens at the bad guys. Seems like when I double tap, the shuriken always fire higher than expected due to the first jump...

Last edited:

Sten Jarkoni

Jun 17, 2014
This game is awesome! But why doesn't it support portrait mode?

This kind of game can be in landscape mode only. You should know what the obstacles are ahead.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

"Flappy Bird" and a lot of blood - the best fans for the game. It is bound to be successful. :good: Good app!

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
This looks fun. I will try it out and let you know how it goes!

Just tried it. It is good fun! But I have problem aiming the shurikens at the bad guys. Seems like when I double tap, the shuriken always fire higher than expected due to the first jump...

This is kind of intentional to keep controls consistent - double tap will do a double jump, so it is pretty hard (but possible after you get a hang on it) to aim and with a reward of sniping enemy from long distance, you have to risk bumping character in some spikes. I'm planning to add some upgrades to shurikens to make up for the usage difficulty.

This game is awesome! But why doesn't it support portrait mode?

This kind of game can be in landscape mode only. You should know what the obstacles are ahead.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

"Flappy Bird" and a lot of blood - the best fans for the game. It is bound to be successful. :good: Good app!

Exactly what Sten Jarkoni said. Obstacles in Shurican are dynamic, some constructions are large and there are plenty of different ones, so it makes sense to see further and have some time to prepare even when you face something completely new for the first time. I think Flappy Bird was made vertical to better suit playing with one hand, obstacles were always the same and there was not a lot of sense to prepare for the pipes ahead.

And thank you for good words! I would love to see this project succeed and already working on more cool stuff for it. Like this:
29z02SF.gif

SnottyApps

Aug 31, 2011
snoutup.com
Update! Granted, I would have loved to add more content, but was working on iOS version and got a bit demotivated after a while. But I made some nice UI changes!

* progress is now visible while playing challenge level
* last and best score are visible at the start of challenge level
* previous deaths now marked by blood spots in challenge level
* new social sharing UI (Share demon!)
* removed in-game ads, added rare interstitials, which appear every 20 deaths, so as you get better - ads get rarer!
* minor bug fixes