[ROM] GalnetMIUI 1.11.18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

deli_gt

Feb 5, 2007
Reason im posting this is that we are not APPLE and android is opensource system.

For people saying galnet is stealing, it's not as all MIUI's are based on CM.
So bigest probs to cm team.

Im using both galnet and bmarkos miui, so im not against bmarko and respect his work, but the reason im posting this is that this forum is open.

AND PLEASE STOP TROLLING AGAINST GALNET ON THIS TREAD. IF YOU NEED TO TROLL MAKE ANOTHER TROLL TREAD TO GENERAL OR WHERE EVER YOU'R NEED'S FEEL LIKE TROLLING, U F*C**NG TROLL'S!!!!
THIS TREAD IS ABOUT GALNET ROM USER EXPERIENCE AND IF ANY BUGS DISCUSSION!!!!

give your donations to CM team, galnet or bmaro82 they have all done great job by bringing these great roms to us.
Please Read The Following:

In order to provide this I've had to use USB Debugging to get USB to PC

working correctly for SD Cards. YOU MUST ACTIVATE THIS MANUALLY..!

Settings -> Programes -> Developer Settings -> USB Debugging ON

The same is true of Data and Autobrightness, you must activate these manually as well.

DO NOT FLASH ANY OTHER KERNEL AS THEY WON'T WORK...!

Format System and Cache before installing! If FC's then a wipe will be required.

Download:

Last edited by a moderator:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Though I applaud what you are trying to do here the rom you have posted is galnet MIUI 1.9.2 not 1.9.9. Version 1.9.9 has ninphetamine kernel and apparently only groupies have been blessed with this. I have been protesting against this whole groupie thing as fans who have been loyal to galnet shouldn't have to pay to use what's new and upcoming. Please amend your initial post to reflect correct version of MIUI. Unless you have rc4 version 2 this version is 1.9.2. Further proof is date of release as 1.9.9 wasn't released by MIUI China on the 7th

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: ferreinf

fedmex

Jan 18, 2007
not tried a2dp but tried bt file transfer with my macbook air.
Result: failed. No way to tranfer in/out file via bt

pk1980

Jun 4, 2011
Mumbai
I tried it few days before but reverted back to KH3 within few hours. All was good except the wifi kept disconnecting and reconnecting after a clean install as directed.

Reactions: zOe999
E

eelsinned

I tried RC4 but it was too buggy for me....the torch didn't work properly, neither did the calendar. RC1v2 is the best in my opinion. However, it seems it will be worth the wait for the next version, as team Galnet are totally revamping the framework and removing TW from the rom.

deli_gt

Feb 5, 2007
I tried RC4 but it was too buggy for me....the torch didn't work properly, neither did the calendar. RC1v2 is the best in my opinion. However, it seems it will be worth the wait for the next version, as team Galnet are totally revamping the framework and removing TW from the rom.
I heard the next version will be almost bugfree exept for the main bugs.

shingers5

Yea they have added ninphetamine kernel and totally reworked rom. Rc4 v2 sounds pretty tasty but with groupies right. Loyal fans from the old early galnet days now have to pay for the privilege of using what's new and upcoming. Don't care how its explained that's just wrong

Crucio_

May 3, 2011
Ellesmere Port
i tried the rc4 version of the Galnet MIUI the other day and it was really buggy. i had problems installing apps and alot of FCs.

When the next version comes out i will probably give it a go, i have no problem waiting while others pay to test the rom out.

For now(today anyway ^.^) i am on bmarkos latest version and had 0 problems, it is smooth and havent had 1 fc yet.

Im glad more people are working on a stable MIUI, but for me at the moment bmarkos is the better choice.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Reason im posting this is that we are not APPLE and android is opensource system.
Now the galnet is using speedmod kernel so its different from bmarko82's miui.
For people saying galnet is stealing it's not as all MIUI's are based on CM.
Im using bouth galnet and bmarkos miui so im not against bmarko i respect his work
, but the reason im posting this is that this forum is open.
give your donations to CM team, galnet or bmaro82 they have all done great job for bringing these roms to us.

THE MOST STABLE SGS II MIUI RELEASE TO DATE!

Chameleon RC4 for the i9100 is now available, and along with the release comes a whole array of new features and stability.

Say goodbye to battery drain and welcome deepsleep.
Say goodbye to CM Kernels and say hello to STOCK (Speedmod Kernels).

Yes you read correctly, the GalnetMIUI SGS II build is now on a stock kernel.
No easy task! Now we will see who basis who's work on who!

The same is true of Data and Autobrightness, you must activate these manually as well.

Format System and Cache before installing! If any FC's then a wipe will be required.

Download:

http://www.galnetmiui.co.uk/chameleon/RC4/Chameleon-RC4-NEW-i9100.zip

Size: 237MB MD5: d3a32589eb79497b7e8aa23fdf3b04c5 SHA1: 890a95301edfc255d31c3fdd142d7c637f181d99

Please use HashMyFiles to clarify the information above, before installing. ______________

Hmm, From what i know, it's not because GalnetMiui was too much like bmarko Miui that they went out of XDA, but because XDA mod were not all happy with how Galnet was trying to get donnation.

To people saying that RC4v2 is almost bug free, it's true.

I would also not recommend using RC4v1 since it's really buggy (Problem with most of the GApps). But a2dp should be working. If its not, try to unpair/pair.

And, to end this, Final release of GalnetMiui is going back with bmarko miui kernel. Breaking the a2dp again.

breenod

Feb 7, 2010
I installed and got the audio playing through my parrot kit in my car but the a2dp controls did not work and the phone only recognised my kit as a media device and not a phone device so would not route calls through it. So unfortunately its still not useable for me.

shingers5

Hmm, From what i know, it's not because GalnetMiui was too much like bmarko Miui that they went out of XDA, but because XDA mod were not all happy with how Galnet was trying to get donnation.

To people saying that RC4v2 is almost bug free, it's true.

I would also not recommend using RC4v1 since it's really buggy (Problem with most of the GApps). But a2dp should be working. If its not, try to unpair/pair.

And, to end this, Final release of GalnetMiui is going back with bmarko miui kernel. Breaking the a2dp again.

Yep I also don't agree with their donation tactics and now you have to pay a yearly subscription of 10 quid to be a groupie and get latest builds earlier. Don't care what reasons they give its their way of saying that if you want it early you gotta become a groupie. Considering that development was almost halted recently how can you have confidence is paying for something that may not last the year! Sorry if slightly off topic but had to vent. No offense intended at anyone

Reactions: marvinhemstock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For people saying galnet is stealing, it's not as all MIUI's are based on CM.

Im using both galnet and bmarkos miui, so im not against bmarko and respect his work, but the reason im posting this is that this forum is open.

AND PLEASE STOP TROLLING AGAINST GALNET ON THIS TREAD. IF YOU NEED TO TROLL MAKE ANOTHER TROLL TREAD TO GENERAL OR WHERE EVER YOU'R NEED'S FEEL LIKE TROLLING, U F*C**NG TROLL'S!!!!
    THIS TREAD IS ABOUT GALNET ROM USER EXPERIENCE AND IF ANY BUGS DISCUSSION!!!!

give your donations to CM team, galnet or bmaro82 they have all done great job by bringing these great roms to us.

Format System and Cache before installing! If FC's then a wipe will be required.

Download:

1.10.10 - i9100

i9100 -- 1.10.10 Update

Well, seeing as people are starting to get fussy about what Kernel is included in builds I decided that I would update the rom to use the latest Cyanogen Kernel dated "8th October 2011"

I also decided that seeing as others are trying to make it seem as though we are copying their work, to up the game on the i9100 by introducing the full merge of Samsung Framework to that of the MIUI framework, meaning the rom is a heck of a lot more stable than BETA versions.

SO what does this mean! Well GALNETMIUI are the first to announce a NON BETA release of the SGS i9100 rom.

WHAT WORKS:

- Camera 1080p, 720p recording
    - WIFI (Locks on and connects faster)
    - Bluetooth (Transfer rates now corrected)
    - Phone Audio via Bluetooth (Yes answer calls now via bluetooth headset)
    - 1080p Video Playback Works
    - Sensors (Light, Accelerometer, Magnetometer and Proximity)
    - Correct Auto Brightness Feedback
    - USB Works (Limited FC's and Phone Lock Up)
    - Network Signal Improvements (Trying to get rid "NO Network Bug")
    - Torch Works
    - Media Rescan (Faster)
    - Headset Buttons Work
    - Audio improvements
    - Market will update to latest version on opening

In fact everything works apart from the below:

Not Working

- FM Radio
    - TV Out
    - Media via Bluetooth (Music, however might work as I've limited testing equipment)

Special thanks to CM team for the new kernel..!

Additional Information

This rom will allow for the install of Samsung (Stock) applications the only ones which wont work are Camera, Media Player, FM Radio, and Music Player!

Quadrant Average Score

3324 - 3405

Battery Information

A full wipe might be required, along with wiping the Battery stats, and charging the phone overnight (10 - 12 hours ) to get the best Battery life!

Hack to Framework

Now, we will settle this once and for all! The framework has been tweaked, smali files editted and additional information added which NON (and I mean NON) of the current MIUI releases have, including i9000 and other models! So we will wait and see what happens!

Download: http://www.galnetmiui.co.uk/landing/download

Regards,
    Mathew.
    No one better than galnet could tell us the differences between galnet release and MIUI.com release. Is it the same base with some tweaks or is it a completly different base ?! Radio and camcoder are working also on galnet ?!

Your right mate ;)

You are all in for a treat in the next hour, I'm uploading a new version as I type this. With additional fixes:

- Camcorder Working
    - Addition Fixes to Signal
    - Added media tweaks (Video recording and Playback)
    - Other quick fixes to build.prop

Regards,
    Mathew.
    Is it possible to flash another Kernel? I thought it wont work with MIUI..

Can I flash SpeedMod kernel?

No, SpeedMod kernel is for Samsung TW-based Roms only (much like most of the kernels available including ninphetamine, hellcat's etc). MIUI only works with kernels that are designed for AOSP-roms. Before CM was declared stable, it was told that kernel developers should hold off on developing AOSP kernels as this was likely to cause more headaches for the CM developers in dealing with bugs.

However there are a few kernels that are available now for MIUI including the CM kernel (included in this ROM), the Xcell kernel (from miuiandroid.com forums / cattleprod), bmarko's kernel, myfluxi's kernel and now SiyahKernel as its designer has added support for AOSP roms (CM/MIUI/insanity ii). So those are the only kernels which would work for MIUI. Its best to experiment for yourself to see what its like on your phone. I was particularly looking for the end of the AOS-drain bug and am glad to have found it in the SiyahKernel.