uploadfromtaptalk1389573842753.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 960

ratman6161

Aug 30, 2010
Minnesota
a
Wow. Definitely going to TMo. I'm literally standing right next to a tower

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

I cant say why this is, but at my home out in the country side, I am about 1/8th mile from a tower - so pretty close. There I get about 10 Mbits . At my office near downtown Minneapolis, I get 30+ . All towers not created equally? I'm still on stock 4.2.2 fyi.

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
The one I tested is in a metro area. I'm assuming congestion. However i pay them big bucks. As i type this from the TMobile network lol

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

jkhouw1

Aug 26, 2008
@ home in CT and up in MA I get great up/down speeds. In NYC - Grand Central and downtown financial district its atrocious.

reggie14

May 29, 2010
I'd be thrilled if I got 5mbps reliably. There are locations in the DC metro area where I'm lucky to get 500kbps on LTE.

Signal strength isn't the issue. Speed is determined by a lot of factors, but I think it's usually limited by the number of users at a given time, or potentially by the backhaul in some locations.

Reactions: phositadc

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Absolutely no expert here..BUT..Is your slow speeds due to being to close to the tower, maybe over shooting you..because seems to me, the towers are designed to beam out for broader reception..maybe not down lower as much..just a thought..don't know how it all works.?

sent by my 4.2.2_12.15.15
RockMyMoto Root..SafeStrap v3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

Please donate to: jcase & Hashcode (if you can)

Reactions: nubia11

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
Absolutely no expert here..BUT..Is your slow speeds due to being to close to the tower, maybe over shooting you..because seems to me, the towers are designed to beam out for broader reception..maybe not down lower as much..just a thought..don't know how it all works.?

XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

I could see that, if signal was lower as well. Seeing as it's pegged, I'm assuming I'm hitting that one.

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Reactions: NWKENT

rmoney

Jul 17, 2010
If you are that close to a tower then there's your problem. Those things aren't engineered for someone to be that close, its why they're usually someplace inaccessible.

Reactions: nubia11 and NWKENT

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
This one is right down the street next to a storage center. You can stand on the sidewalk and be about 50 yards from it.

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Topsnake

Jan 30, 2011
And here is big magenta TMobile with less signal

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389656527744.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389656527744.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 268

dman4915

Dec 20, 2010
This thread proves that some people will complain about anything.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dman4915

Dec 20, 2010
I live in a rural area and would be happy if my home internet could get speeds like that. In my area Verizon outperforms everyone everywhere I go. Go off the beaten path with T mobile and see how great their 4g is then.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you are that close to a tower then there's your problem. Those things aren't engineered for someone to be that close, its why they're usually someplace inaccessible.
    I'm in the same boat. At home in a more rural area I'm about a half mile from a tower and the little signal meter is reading pegged but I also get a bout 10 Mbps. My office is just up the street from TCF stadium and I get 20 Mpbs even though I'm indoors and the signal meter is only reading two bars.

One obvious conclusion I reach is that the little bars are pretty meaningless as far as actual performance goes.
    You do realize you just quoted yourself from January and responded to your own post right? Maybe that's why you're in the same boat. Like inception all over again.
    I'd be thrilled if I got 5mbps reliably. There are locations in the DC metro area where I'm lucky to get 500kbps on LTE.

Signal strength isn't the issue. Speed is determined by a lot of factors, but I think it's usually limited by the number of users at a given time, or potentially by the backhaul in some locations.

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
    (device #1)

XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
    (device #1)

I could see that, if signal was lower as well. Seeing as it's pegged, I'm assuming I'm hitting that one.

Maxx'd out Kit Kat