ClockworkMod Recovery For Spice Mi310 / CSL Mi320 / Cellon C8093 / iMobile i692

Search This thread
tried touchwiz framework which is availabe in actura minus, just flash rc8 start phone and then again go in recovery wipe dalvik cache, apply touchwiz framework then start phone if still u get bootloop then go to recovery and first apply touchwiz framework and then wipe dalvik cache

hope it works for u

Hey dude! M not getting the framework...
Is this what you are talking about?

c8093_Framework_merahputih_antariksawan.zip

Or something else? Plz provide me the link...:(

Sent from my Spice Mi-310

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
Okay tried that still failed... still getting boot loop..
E:can't find misc...
E:Unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]

Dalvik cache wiped

I used the c8093_framework_damn_ICSv5.zip from actura...
What to do next?? :(

I have already tried the first step, but it didn't work for me and I don't have the stock rom.

Sent from my C8093 using XDA

maybe you haven't create a custom ext partition on your sdcard

you need to create an EXT Partition first on your sdcard
boot into ANDRO-ID Recovery (clockworkmod 2 based recovery) and go into advanced then find partition sdcard or something similar

andro-id recovery is available on my minus

okay i will update this tutorial now

the fastboot reboot

choose advanced tab
choose partition sdcard
swap 0MB, EXT Up to you

Last edited:
Reactions: Amit Dazzler
maybe you haven't create a custom ext partition on your sdcard

you need to create an EXT Partition first on your sdcard
boot into ANDRO-ID Recovery (clockworkmod 2 based recovery) and go into advanced then find partition sdcard or something similar

andro-id recovery is available on my minus

Hey dude can you explain it properly... :)
You mean I have to create an ext partition and them only I will be able to taste this new rom? :p
One more thing... I have already created a second partition Cox of link2sd.... so what is to be done now...? :-\

Last edited:

[==)BULLET(==]

Jul 16, 2011
<<<Shotgun>>>
Hey what's the link for the guide for installing custom rom(including how to root etc)?
So that I could install the RC8 as my phone went mad, (automatically presses all capacitive keys and sonetimes even removes sd card and then reboots) Although the key pressing is happenning every few hours or so.
BTW i m on stock Rom(spice) and not rooted still. But i guess i dont have any option but to root and install a custom rom (rc8 miezo).
And congrats to actura for giving this to us :).
thank in advance...

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
No Go

Hey Actura, tried the method you suggested of installing without wiping any data and without flashing any custom framework. The nexus like boot video starts running and then suddenly the screen goes blank and then frozen pictures of the boot start coming after intervals. Same happens when i flash ICS framework v6/v5.
I've also tried it on RC7 and CM7, the same issue come ups. I've also got a 16gb class 4 sd card partitioned into ext3 of size 1gb with swap 32mb.:(

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
Hey dude can you explain it properly... :)
You mean I have to create an ext partition and them only I will be able to taste this new rom? :p
One more thing... I have already created a second partition Cox of link2sd.... so what is to be done now...? :-\

yes, you need to have ext partition on sdcard

it's not only for this rom, it's also for ciu monata & dodol, you need the ext partition on your sdcard
if you don't create it you will get a bootloop

partitioning tutorial
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25001305
this one is the better one, cause you don't need to worry in partitioning progress
just go into recovery -> partition sdcard -> done
and it's always compatible with a2sd darktremor
but the bad sides from this tutorial is, you will lost all of your data on your sdcard

the second partition for link2sd isn't always compatible with a2sd (darktremor) but if you searching for some tutorial in partitioning your sdcard for a2sd (darktremor), you could just change some 'little' configuration for ext partition that you have created for link2sd

Hey what's the link for the guide for installing custom rom(including how to root etc)?
So that I could install the RC8 as my phone went mad, (automatically presses all capacitive keys and sonetimes even removes sd card and then reboots) Although the key pressing is happenning every few hours or so.
BTW i m on stock Rom(spice) and not rooted still. But i guess i dont have any option but to root and install a custom rom (rc8 miezo).
And congrats to actura for giving this to us :).
thank in advance...

rooting can be done by using universal androot (previously, i download this one from 4shared)

installing custom rom
- you need custom recovery first (it would very help you)
- the rom in .zip extension (it's flashable zip which can be applied on recovery)

to install recovery you need to boot your phone into fastboot mode
(fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img then fastboor reboot)
it's included on the first page

after that, you need to enter recovery mode (you must already know how to do that by reading the first page), then choose install zip from sdcard -> choose your favorite custom/stock rom here or tweaks,themes,etc

oh i'm forget about one thing
you need to partitioning your sdcard to make your phone compatible with a2sd darktremor (and rom which have a2sd darktremor included on it)

"automatically presses all capacitive keys"
maybe only happening on rc8 cause of the new values on the tweaks (probably)
i will need to re-configure it
the new values on the tweaks improve your perfomance greatly but it would make your phone's temperature hotter than before and here the problem come (so we could assume that is unstable one)
but, if you still get this problem even when you're on stock rom, the it's a hardware issue
note : i want people test rc6/rc7 rom, does it still get the problem about this capasitive button ? if not then it would be very positive that this is software issue not a hardware issue (the link is on "miezo dropbox" at csl mi320 thread kaskus)

Hey Actura, tried the method you suggested of installing without wiping any data and without flashing any custom framework. The nexus like boot video starts running and then suddenly the screen goes blank and then frozen pictures of the boot start coming after intervals. Same happens when i flash ICS framework v6/v5.
I've also tried it on RC7 and CM7, the same issue come ups. I've also got a 16gb class 4 sd card partitioned into ext3 of size 1gb with swap 32mb.:(

now, have you read the troubleshooting on this post ?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24459205&postcount=0
and i think this phone's kernel does not support swap
cmiiw about that, i never do an experiment about swap

Last edited:
Reactions: [==)BULLET(==]

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
thank for replying btw how to partion sd card? and is rc8 stable?

it's above of this post just a few post above
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25001305

i think it is quite stable one
the capasitive touch bug (capasitve touch pressed automatically) is also happened on the previous version of miezo rom user (here is the link if you want to know -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25048775&postcount=42)
so i think this is not the software related issues
but we could minimalise that i guess

Last edited:

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
Already Tried

I've already tried the solutions from the troubleshooting section. I couldn't find any local.prop file in /data/ folder so i couldn't delete it. I've tried flashing it with/without wiping data/dalvik cache. I've tried flashing the framework before/after flashing RC 8. I'm using link2sd (sd partitioned through CWM 3) as a2sd for some reason doesn't seem to be working, so i couldn't try out the swap feature. Please Help Me. I really want to try this ROM, especially with the ICS framework.

Last edited:

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
I've already tried the solutions from the troubleshooting section. I couldn't find any local.prop file in /data/ folder so i couldn't delete it. I've tried flashing it with/without wiping data/dalvik cache. I've tried flashing the framework before/after flashing RC 8. I'm using link2sd (sd partitioned through CWM 3) as a2sd for some reason doesn't seem to be working, so i couldn't try out the swap feature. Please Help Me. I really want to try this ROM, especially with the ICS framework.

okay, so you come from 'pure' or i could say stock rom
flashing rom would be easier from this one
you could apply miezo rc8 without installing framework/deleteing local.prop

and you must know that a2sd can't be used together with link2sd
these are rom who have a2sd preinstalled & preconfigured
ciu monata, ciu mbekonang, dodol & miezo

your only problem is on partitioning progress

now just read this one http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25001305 (you need to backup your sdcard data first)
then apply miezo rc8 rom
then remove a2sd darktremor (more likely to disable it)
a2sd remove
then you can use link2sd freely

if you use a2sd darktremor together with link2sd you will get some error, a weird one i guess

Does this work for Spice Mi-270 also ??

i don't think so, you must apply rom which is compatible with your phone
if you apply it from different phone, you will get a bootloop if you re not lucky

btw my friend on gtalk said that he can't connect to gps service on miezo rc8, is that true ?
maybe if you have the same problem, you can download this one -> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32823865/c8093_devices/gps.conf/asia/gps.conf
it's also available on my dropbox (@my files)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amit Dazzler

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
I am not on stock rom, I'm using the cm7 rom by tj_style. I tried installing a2sd on it but it gave a bootloop so I had to reflash and use link2sd. Also I again tried flashing RC8 and this time I again got a bootloop and when I went back to CM7 my SD card wasn't detected so I had to format it on my PC and then partition it again using clockwork mod.

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
hey actura please please reupload the recovery because whenever i dwnld it my speed decreases and becomes almost 0. so please reupload it. thanks in advance.

download it from my dropbox then
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32823865/c8093_devices/recovery/C8093_Andro-ID_Recovery.img

I am not on stock rom, I'm using the cm7 rom by tj_style. I tried installing a2sd on it but it gave a bootloop so I had to reflash and use link2sd. Also I again tried flashing RC8 and this time I again got a bootloop and when I went back to CM7 my SD card wasn't detected so I had to format it on my PC and then partition it again using clockwork mod.

this is the alternative trick if you want to install miezo rc8
flash andro-id recovery (using the same steps as @ the first page)
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32823865/c8093_devices/recovery/C8093_Andro-ID_Recovery.img
boot into recovery
wipe data
apply stock rom
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32823865/c8093_devices/stock_files/C8093_Cellon_Stock.zip
apply miezo rc8 (download link @ my minus)

cm7 does support a2sd, but it needs some steps to make it works
this is the link for that
http://www.kaskus.us/showpost.php?p=434344002
use google translate

installing from cm7 is easier but you must wipe your data before by using andro-id recovery
the current cwm 3 & 4 is buggy, it doesn't clear the data well

SD card wasn't detected
i partitioning using andro-id recovery as i said above and it's works well
and make sure you do as the steps, if you want to modify it, you can do it later

also if you want to use a2sd, you must have a class 4 sdcard or higher (write 4mb/s . class 6 6mb/s .. etc)

and for people who first to install custom rom, you can read this
don't apply some tweaks after installing the rom, reboot first (you must remember this well when you're installing a custom rom)
don't use link2sd on the a2sd enabled rom unless you have disabled it (a2sd remove command)
don't install a2sd @ the first boot (even if your rom have a2sd preinstalled)
If you're going to install a2sd enabled rom such as CIU Monata, Dodol or Miezo, partition sdcard using andro-id recovery

i doubt about that
if you want to give it a shot it would be good if you do nandbackup first

____
if you need more information, you can contact me on this thread
http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=8021985
kaskus.miezoers@im.partych.at (add this to your gtalk account)

Last edited:
Hey actura...
Did exactly what you said... but still failed :'( plz help...
This is what i have done..
>ported the andro id recovery
>Created a ext 128mb swap0
>Flashed rc8
>Cleared dalvik cache
>applied your framework 6...
>>BUT STILL THE SAME PROBLEM.... SCREEN GETS STUCK AT BOOT ANIMATION...

Addition quarry: E:can't find misc. (showing in recovery screen)

[==)BULLET(==]

Jul 16, 2011
<<<Shotgun>>>
@Actura I dowloaded the recovery image and placed it in root of sd and then in terminal emulator i typed

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

and it said flash_image not found. If there is any file of that name then please give me the link.
What is the difference b/w fastboot and boot in recovery and can i install rom by putting the .zip file root, boot in recovery and install rom from there without the "fastboot"?
BTW is the recovery u upld any diffrent from that on the first page?
plz do reply. Thanks in advance..

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
Hey actura...
>Flashed rc8
>Cleared dalvik cache

look at your steps which are marked red
wipe dalvik cache & apply framework before applying miezo rc8
original post
  1. Wipe data
    [*]Wipe Dalvik Cache
    [*]Apply my framework (ICSv5/6)

[*]Install Miezo RC8
    [*]Reboot

and fyi the first boot may be quite a long time (about 3-10 minutes)

The full steps (i assume you haven't partitioned your sdcard)
  1. FLASH ANDRO-ID RECOVERY
  2. PARTITION SDCARD
  3. WIPE DATA
  4. WIPE DALVIK
  5. APPLY MIEZO RC8
  6. REBOOT
  7. WAIT FOR 5-10 MINUTES

or

2. PARTITION SDCARD
  3. WIPE DATA
  4. APPLY MIEZO RC8
  5. APPLY ANY FRAMEWORK (other than ICSv5/ICSv6)
  6. REBOOT
  7. WAIT FOR 5-10 MINUTES

If you come from RC7
  1. NANDBACKUP (RECOVERY -> BACKUP & RESTORE -> BACKUP)
  2. WIPE DATA & DALVIK CACHE
  3. INSTALL MIEZO RC8
  4. RESTORE DATA, SD-EXT, & CACHE (RECOVERY -> BACKUP & RESTORE -> ADVANCED RESTORE)

if you still gets a error, then you must wait for a while
i will re-create the rom (rc8-vanila)

@Actura I dowloaded the recovery image and placed it in root of sd and then in terminal emulator i typed

and it said flash_image not found. If there is any file of that name then please give me the link.
What is the difference b/w fastboot and boot in recovery and can i install rom by putting the .zip file root, boot in recovery and install rom from there without the "fastboot"?

have you rename andro-id recovery ? you must rename it to recovery.img
have you copy it into sdcard ?

please read this , better to use fastboot for flashing recovery

for fastboot, download a688 tools and you can use fastboot (extract & launch dos_console.bat)
a688 tools (if dropbox doesn't work, you can download it from minus)

yes, it's different

_____
Fix 2 for Miezo RC8 (unstested - backup first ! may caused bootloop)
Code:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32823865/c8093_devices/update%20%26%20fix/c8093_miezo_rc8_special_fix2.zip
* faster gps load (for any user outside of indonesia, you need to reconfigure the gps.conf, download the asia gps.conf)
* updated tweaks
* updated hosts file
* updated build.prop
==download link also available on this post==

upgrade package rc7 -> rc8 also may caused boot loop so do backup before

Attachments

• C8093_Framework_Monata.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

[==)BULLET(==]

Jul 16, 2011
<<<Shotgun>>>
@Actura
I flashed recovery.img successfully and made my backup using the terminal emulator.
Now can I install rc8 using recovery without "fastboot".
I guess we need fastboot for just flashing recovery.img but since "terminal emulator" did the job , so do I still need fastboot?
Sorry for asking too many questions :p

Actura

Dec 30, 2010
Bogor
Realme 9 5G SE
OnePlus Nord CE 3
@Actura
I flashed recovery.img successfully and made my backup using the terminal emulator.
Now can I install rc8 using recovery without "fastboot".
I guess we need fastboot for just flashing recovery.img but since "terminal emulator" did the job , so do I still need fastboot?
Sorry for asking too many questions :p

fastboot is used for flashing recovery,system, boot, and splash screen (recovery can't do that all)
recovery does many things that fastboot can't do, and it can apply custom rom or tweaks

if you have successfully install andro-id recovery, then you don't need to enter fastboot mode

if you still get an error try this one
miezo rc8 - vanila2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've successfully ported the ClockworkMod to Spice Mi310!
    Now those people who want to install tweaks and stuff but were scared of bricking their phone can now rejoice :)

img20110708161324.jpg

Please read the all instructions below if you don't want to brick your phone :p

There are two versions attached to this post, one is the development version 4.0.0.5 and the other 3.2.0.1 is the stable version, I recommend you download the stable version

Download the stable version here.

Note: It is recommended that you backup your current recovery partition, if in case something goes wrong. To do this, in adb shell or in a terminal on the phone issue the command
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd6 of=/sdcard/recovery.img.old bs=4096

Instructions For Flashing

Using flash_image
    1. Download the zip file (duh :p)
    2. Extract the zip and put flash_image to /system/bin using RootExplorer or ADB, set permissions to execute (755 or 777 if you don't know what 755 is :p)
    3. Extract the zip and put recovery.img to the root of your SDCard (/sdcard)
    4. Open up a terminal or use adb shell, and type
    Code:
    5. Reboot your phone

Using FastBoot
    1. Download the fastboot binary for Windows or for Linux. Google is your friend here, but if you want I can upload the fastboot for linux binary (I don't use Windows :p).
    2. Enter fastboot mode using the following key combination: Trackpad + Camera + Power
    3. Use this command to flash:
    Code:
    # For Windows
    fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

# For Linux
    sudo fastboot flash recovery /path/to/recovery.img

How to Enter Into Recovery

Use the key combination: Trackpad + Volume Up + Power

Please press the thanks button if you like my work!
    Okay everyone must try to convince tj_style for helping us. Also ask him to upload the kernel and libraries or ask him for help at least. As I am new he may not have been serious about my message to him asking on gb..:(

kernel and libraries are on my github.
    you can compiling cm7 with that device config.
    Perfect Gingerbread Theme

Hey guys..
    this is a theme i made for the Spice mi-310 using the Ultimate Online Kitchen.. And manually moving icons etc etc..

Changes..
    * Black status bar (Gingerbread)
    * Gingerbread notification icons
    * Gingerbread battery icon
    * Darker Lockscreen Sliders
    * Darker Popups
    * New Font (WP7 Type)
    Looks Absolutely Sexy!! :)

How To:
    Flash using ClockworkRecoveryMod and TAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!! just incase

PS. i wud really appreciate if someone flashes this and posts the screenshots
    because i have lost my phone.. currently using Samsung Galaxy Pop.. :p

Hit Thanks if you like This..
    Hey actura...
    >Flashed rc8
    >Cleared dalvik cache

look at your steps which are marked red
    wipe dalvik cache & apply framework before applying miezo rc8
    original post
    1. Wipe data
      [*]Wipe Dalvik Cache
      [*]Apply my framework (ICSv5/6)

[*]Install Miezo RC8
      [*]Reboot

and fyi the first boot may be quite a long time (about 3-10 minutes)

The full steps (i assume you haven't partitioned your sdcard)
    2. PARTITION SDCARD
    3. WIPE DATA
    4. WIPE DALVIK
    5. APPLY MIEZO RC8
    6. REBOOT
    7. WAIT FOR 5-10 MINUTES

or

2. PARTITION SDCARD
    3. WIPE DATA
    4. APPLY MIEZO RC8
    5. APPLY ANY FRAMEWORK (other than ICSv5/ICSv6)
    6. REBOOT
    7. WAIT FOR 5-10 MINUTES

If you come from RC7
    1. NANDBACKUP (RECOVERY -> BACKUP & RESTORE -> BACKUP)
    2. WIPE DATA & DALVIK CACHE
    3. INSTALL MIEZO RC8
    4. RESTORE DATA, SD-EXT, & CACHE (RECOVERY -> BACKUP & RESTORE -> ADVANCED RESTORE)

if you still gets a error, then you must wait for a while
    i will re-create the rom (rc8-vanila)

have you rename andro-id recovery ? you must rename it to recovery.img
    have you copy it into sdcard ?

please read this , better to use fastboot for flashing recovery

for fastboot, download a688 tools and you can use fastboot (extract & launch dos_console.bat)
    a688 tools (if dropbox doesn't work, you can download it from minus)

yes, it's different

_____
    Fix 2 for Miezo RC8 (unstested - backup first ! may caused bootloop)
    Code:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32823865/c8093_devices/update%20%26%20fix/c8093_miezo_rc8_special_fix2.zip
    * faster gps load (for any user outside of indonesia, you need to reconfigure the gps.conf, download the asia gps.conf)
    * updated tweaks
    * updated hosts file
    * updated build.prop
    ==download link also available on this post==

upgrade package rc7 -> rc8 also may caused boot loop so do backup before
    oh thanks for replying... but i have already tried it and also got failed! i get an error msg...
    [1] Segmentation fault.
    and now m totally dishearten... plz help...

Can i directly install the 3e recovery system? i guess i had something like that....

Why don't you just install clockworkmod recovery and make NANDBACKUP ?
    original recovery file is included on yohaneschristianp.minus.com

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

MIEZO RC8

Don't forget to prepare a backup before! :mad:
    Wipe Dalvik Cache first ! :cool:
    For more compatibility, apply Monata framework after applying this rc8 rom - here (now you can apply the latest updates freely without having to meet bootstuck or anything like that :p)
    Next version of Miezo ROM improves perfomance, stability and interface. :eek:
    Changes :
    • Using ICSv6 Framework
    • Updated Build.prop values
    • Updated tweaks for better boot load-time
    • Updated Game Mode (su -> gamemode)
    • "Root Manager" preinstalled (easy way to reboot, enter recovery & fastboot mode)
    • New Boot Splash
    • Froyo Launcher replaced by Launcher Pro

Current Feature of Miezo ROM
    • A2SD Darktremor Included
    • Flash Player (ARMv6) Preinstalled
    • Ad-Blocking Support
    • Better Perfomance & Memory Management
    • New Framework (as an alternative for the old froyo interface)
    • Dialer & Messaging App Optimized
    • Smoother scroll on Application (Even smoother on 2nd Launch)
    • Faster SD-Card Read Speed & GPS Lock Time
    • Game Mode , Perfomance Mode, & Battery Saver Mode
    • Build.Prop, I/O Scheduler, & VM Values Tweaked
    • Using Custom Bootanimation

How to Get this ROM ?
    • You must create an account first -> click here
    • Go to my minus account and follow me ;)
    • Search for file named c8093_miezo_rc8-testbuild5.zip

Troubleshooting
    Stuck at bootanimation/bootsplash
    Delete local.prop on /data/ using Root Explorer or another file manager
    Wipe Dalvik Cache
    Apply my framework (ICSv5/6)
    Install Miezo RC8
    Reboot
    or
    Install Mezo RC8
    Apply another framework
    Reboot
    or
    You hadn't partitioning your sdcard
    Read here -> http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25001305
    and don't use link2sd if you haven't disable a2sd darktremor which included on this rom

Disable a2sd darktremor
    Code:
    a2sd remove

Search & Back Button Error (Automatically Pressed)

original post

I want to restore my stock splash screen
    here you go
    find a file named original_csl_boostplash.zip on my minus account
    download it
    apply on recovery
    reboot and see

My framework also available on my minus account ;)