[APP] SPlanner Full Screen Calendar widget Suite

Search This thread

prerunnerseth

Dec 1, 2010
Yeah, I found that out as well. It works now. Adding the fact that the permissions need to be changed to the instructions could have saved me a headache.

Folks, if you are already running a deodexed rom just ignore that part. I will update the instructions. I Didn't have to change the permissions on mine, so if someone has some instructions for changing the permissions, I will add them to the OP.

Killer Turtle

Mar 24, 2011
uploadfromtaptalk1355796289830.jpg
Ok I'll try again

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

francis19

Dec 21, 2010
Help with S Planner widget

I am running the new jelly bean build 5 so I just was wondering is this a deodexed rom or not just so i dont mess up my phone in the long run.
If you can help I would really appreciate it,
Thanks

*****************Must have rooted phone for this to work******************
*****************Like any other Samsung TW widget, this does not work with after market launchers*************

This is the Calendar widget apk that includes all the same calendar widgets as seen on other versions of the GN2.

Ok , I seem have solved my issues with the full screen calendar widget I ported over from the Sprint GN2.

The APK is deodexed so I just had to rename the original .odex file to something else.

Instructions.

1. Download the SPlannerAppWidget.apk and copy to your phone.
2. Using root explorer, Mount the System - App folder as R/W
3. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.apk to be SPlannerAppWidget.bak
4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder (If you are already running a deodexed rom, skip this step)
5. Copy the downloaded SPlannerAppWidget.apk to your System - App folder
6. Mount your app folder as R/O
7. Reboot you phone

**********This works fine on my rooted Verizon Galaxy Note II. I am Not responsible if you mess your phone up.

Thanks,

PRS

Thanks to shiftr182 from the Sprint GN2 section for providing me with the APK.

Screenshots_2012-12-04-08-07-59.jpg

kusojiji

Dec 22, 2012
I am running the new jelly bean build 5 so I just was wondering is this a deodexed rom or not just so i dont mess up my phone in the long run.
If you can help I would really appreciate it,
Thanks

Yes, Beans B* ROMs are deodxed... but you shouldn't need to install this widget if you're on it since it's already baked in to the ROM.

francis19

Dec 21, 2010
That is what I thought too. But i cant find S Planner widget anywhere all I have is widget that says Calendar I dont see any widget that says S Planer anywhere. I put the calendar widget on the screen and cant write on it. Unless I am doing something wrong.
Any help I would really appreciate it
thanks

Yes, Beans B* ROMs are deodxed... but you shouldn't need to install this widget if you're on it since it's already baked in to the ROM.

kusojiji

Dec 22, 2012
That is what I thought too. But i cant find S Planner widget anywhere all I have is widget that says Calendar I dont see any widget that says S Planer anywhere.

Yeah, it's named "Calendar (month)":
uploadfromtaptalk1357332576849.jpg

I put the calendar widget on the screen and cant write on it. Unless I am doing something wrong.
Any help I would really appreciate it
thanks

Are you supposed to be able to write on it directly? I've never tried that.

francis19

Dec 21, 2010
I thought you were suppose to be able to write on it, but maybe you cant. If you cant then yes i do have the right widget. But I thought I saw a video where you could. Maybe I was wrong though.
Thanks for your help.
Maybe some other people can clarify it for you and I

Yeah, it's named "Calendar (month)":
View attachment 1617104

Are you supposed to be able to write on it directly? I've never tried that.

delaneybob

Jan 23, 2013
I thought you were suppose to be able to write on it, but maybe you cant. If you cant then yes i do have the right widget. But I thought I saw a video where you could. Maybe I was wrong though.
Thanks for your help.
Maybe some other people can clarify it for you and I

I too can not get the real Samsung Calendar app installed- I am rooted with full file permissions and followed directions on other threads (File rename etc)- even a standard install

marcustaz

May 31, 2012
I too can not get the real Samsung Calendar app installed- I am rooted with full file permissions and followed directions on other threads (File rename etc)- even a standard install
Ditto I too have followed the directions to a "T" and it will not work. Phone is rooted and unlocked. I have Titanium Backup Pro, ES File Explorer just to mention some off the tools. OP care to chime in?

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
Just a reminder: you must be using stock TW launcher for this widget to show up in your widgets list after doing this mod. If you run Nova etc.., it will still be hidden until you switch to TW launcher.

marcustaz

May 31, 2012
Yeah it didn't work for me either on stock TouchWiz followed OP's directions exactly....:banghead:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *****************Like any other Samsung TW widget, this does not work with after market launchers*************

This is the Calendar widget apk that includes all the same calendar widgets as seen on other versions of the GN2.

Ok , I seem have solved my issues with the full screen calendar widget I ported over from the Sprint GN2.

The APK is deodexed so I just had to rename the original .odex file to something else.

Instructions.

4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder (If you are already running a deodexed rom, skip this step)
    7. Reboot you phone

**********This works fine on my rooted Verizon Galaxy Note II. I am Not responsible if you mess your phone up.

Thanks,

PRS

I don't seem to have the splannerwidget.odex file. Is there a download for it?

Splannerappwidget.

Found it online....now to figure it out.

---------- Post added 10th December 2012 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th December 2012 at 11:14 PM ----------

Wow.....I did it!

I hope you guys realize that I'm 58 years old, high school only, siding and Window installer and techno geek. Doing this stuff just blows my mind.....and relaxes me from the daily grind.

Thank you for the instructions.

I could not get this to work for the life of me and then I realised why, it only works with the TW Launcher and I'm using Apex.........
    Mods Please move this accordingly if its not in the right place.

Instructions.

4. Rename the original SPlannerAppWidget.odex to be SPlannerAppWidget.oder
    7. Reboot you phone

Thanks,

PRS

I have followed these steps exactly several times and it has not worked for me. Please help me, what am I doing wrong? I really need this.