[Q] [HELP] Questions on creating second partition please

Search This thread

kcaJoC

Apr 4, 2014
Hi, Still very new to all this. Was wanting to use link2sd app. Upon loading up the app and finding out more. It states "second partition not found, no sd card present"? So i'm reading all these threads on how to partition. Concern is, this guide for dummies writes that they want me to unmount sd and put in computer via usb or sd card reader? I don't have a sd card reader on laptop. Am i not able to leave it mounted in my phone while partitioning? This sd is internal and i don't see anything else under my sim card. Looks empty as if nothing is there. Is that where the external would go? Under sim card? Anyways, aside from that. I can't use CWM. Has no option for format sd card in 6.0.4.7. So was told to use Minitool partition wizard. Is this free? Says freeware. I'm guessing yes, though someone said it asked for license after partition. Shrugs.

My biggest concern is that even if i figure this out and get a second partition going..... What is going to be lost after format? My guess is everything right? So when i do a factory reset, will i still be flashed with beanstalk rom...Or wiill i have to start from stock again and update back to beanstalk? Sorry to sound stupid. Only been playing around with this phone a couple days. First smartphone and still very new to flashing, etc.

Last edited:

kcaJoC

Apr 4, 2014
come on....60 views and not one helpful answer? surely someone has knowledge on this discussion. Please help! Does this phone ship with a sd card internally or no? I swore i used app2sd on earlier build before i return phone for a replacement. Why does it not work no longer? is there a specific build/rom that would allow me doing this? new to smartphones. be nice to the newb. thx.