Zagg Invisible Shield 3 months on

Search This thread

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
Well I decided to opt for the Zagg Invisible Shield screen protector having read good things. It's been on my SGN3 for nearly 12 weeks now and I thought I would post an update on its performance to date.

I was a tad sceptical about going for this as it isn't tempered glass but is instead a highly advanced polymer. My experience of plastic protectors to date has been dismissive. They scratch, are difficult to apply and end up having to be changed within weeks.

The Zagg makes a big thing about its military spec roots and that it is used to protect helicopter rotors and is self healing using nano technology.

I dismissed this but what prompted me to post this update was what happened over the last 24 hours.
I'm an engineer and when on site am in an extreme environment. Yesterday the phone with its zerolemon set up got dropped and landed on its screen. The Zagg protector had a nasty impact crater and was almost pierced and scratched. I made a note to order a glass protector but when I picked up the phone 24 hours later the Zagg has self healed and is in perfect condition.

Pretty impressive. I've just ordered zagg for Mrs Scooters iphone and Juniors Nexus 7 and my galaxy gear.

It's not cheap but comparing this to a typical plastic protector is like comparing a smart phone to a calculator.

I'm very happy with it and now understand how they can offer the warranty.

Recommended....

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
I had a zagg hd on my S4 and though it was really good. Can be a pain though installing wet application protectors. Zagg also don't do a case friendly protector (or didn't) and can be prone to lifting around the edges when used with a case.

At the minute I use a tech 21 impact shield on my note 3. I really rate it to be honest and it is lasting really well.

Some people do complain about the feel that Zagg protectors add but I actually really like it lol

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
My one had thd option to buy as either cut for a case or cut to the edge. I have a case cut one with a Zerolemon set up...removed the Zerolemon protector and glue and binned it. Fits fine

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

crash_194

Mar 27, 2008
That's good then, at the time I was using zagg they only did case optimised protectors for the iPhone.

I also found mixing my own application solution using hand soap made fitting alot easier. I've never really rated the zagg solution. Did you use the zagg stuff?

sent from my Galaxy Note 3

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
Lets see... I started using Zagg on my orginial S1... the captivate. You're right the original zagg is terrible with cases and has a textured skin feel but that is why they offer a full zagg cover for a lot of phones. Gives you something to grip and not easily drop.

I used my zagg protector on that phone for two whole years. My dad went through prob thirty plastic non-zaggs and he is more careful with his phone then I am. After I retired that phone... i took the worn out zagg off got a free replacement. PUT both in a box into the closet... with an attempt to use as a back up. Used my Xperia TL with another original zagg on it for two whole years... not one issue... no lifting on edges and I used a case and a holster with it. Retired that phone.

I now have a Note3 with the Zagg Hi-def screen protector... even better quality... I can't see it except the edges. Was much easier to put on too. I have had it on since Feb. Since I have dropped the phone... used a fake Spigen Sview on it ... which cut into my Zagg... self healed. Removed that cheap@$$ case and now use it with a real Neo Hybrid. I highly recommend it... feels like class and I play games all the time.

My sister needed a phone... gave her the captivate with zagg... she keeps it caseless in her purse ... not a single issue.