chinese notifications?

Search This thread

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
Hi,

My sister just bought a galaxy s4 mini from amazon (from amazon direct not from an amazon seller), and is finding that whenever she installs an app from play store, she is getting a Chinese notification??

any idea what it is or why it's happening?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-17-21-51-011.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-17-21-51-011.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 55

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
Hi,

My sister just bought a galaxy s4 mini from amazon (from amazon direct not from an amazon seller), and is finding that whenever she installs an app from play store, she is getting a Chinese notification??

any idea what it is or why it's happening?

This is most likely a notification of the app Vroot or Kingo root. These are chinese rooting programms and they give you messages when you install something. (At least this happens on Vroot)

Maybe it's a used phone if you didn't root it. If so, I'd maybe return it.

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
it shouldn't be rooted it's brand new sealed box from amazon :(

presumably, i can fix this for her by flashing the latest BTU firmware using odin?

having a look on sammobile the latest version is I9195XXUBML4? although this says black edition? if her isn't the black edition, the latest stock firmware will be I9195XXUBMJ7???

can anyone confirm this for me before i go ahead for her. this won't void warranty right, since it's stock firmware?

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
it shouldn't be rooted it's brand new sealed box from amazon :(

presumably, i can fix this for her by flashing the latest BTU firmware using odin?

having a look on sammobile the latest version is I9195XXUBML4? although this says black edition? if her isn't the black edition, the latest stock firmware will be I9195XXUBMJ7???

can anyone confirm this for me before i go ahead for her. this won't void warranty right, since it's stock firmware?

latest is I9195XXUBML4

i wonder how it's installed when it's sealed, then probably the samsung staff repacked it.

It's not so cool!!!~~

If I were you I'd send it back!

Anyway.. if you want to reflash firmware, you'll most likely get KNOX enabled! *warning* It's been reported by a user here

Gloris

Dec 10, 2011
but the BML4 says "(black edition)" on sammobile.com?? can this be flashed on a non-black edition?

I'll have to check if it's rooted or not when she gets here, i'm just trying to get the right firmware downloaded before she arrives.

if i get the mj7, that doesn't say black edition i don't think, and if there is a more recent version she can get it ota right?

::EDIT::

ooops, just double checke dthe firmware database and there is a BML4 non black edition.....downloading now

::EDIT2::

yup, it's been rooted.

looks like it is an official samsung phone so far as i can tell but it's been rooted, annoyingly. i'm gonna try putting the latest btu firmware on for her, and failing that amazon can have it back.

warning to anyone buying a phone from amazon......you might not be getting what you expect!!!!

::EDIT3::

all sorted. now has totally stock firmware, knock not tripped, not rooted and everything looking good :)

thanks for helping :)

Last edited:

Aronuser

Mar 1, 2014
Berlin
but the BML4 says "(black edition)" on sammobile.com?? can this be flashed on a non-black edition?

I'll have to check if it's rooted or not when she gets here, i'm just trying to get the right firmware downloaded before she arrives.

if i get the mj7, that doesn't say black edition i don't think, and if there is a more recent version she can get it ota right?

ooops, just double checke dthe firmware database and there is a BML4 non black edition.....downloading now

yup, it's been rooted.

looks like it is an official samsung phone so far as i can tell but it's been rooted, annoyingly. i'm gonna try putting the latest btu firmware on for her, and failing that amazon can have it back.

warning to anyone buying a phone from amazon......you might not be getting what you expect!!!!

all sorted. now has totally stock firmware, knock not tripped, not rooted and everything looking good :)

Thanks for the info about the knox, i'll update it to my knox guide and giving you credits!

Reactions: Gloris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yup, it's been rooted.

Thanks for the info about the knox, i'll update it to my knox guide and giving you credits!