[APP][MM][XPOSED] GravityBox v6.6.0 - tweak box for Android 6 [23/09/2018]

Search This thread

guillermorojaz

Nov 30, 2014
VENEZUELA
@C3C076

On several occasions I have asked to add more custom shortcuts to the quick settings. I know that the option to keep pressed can appear 4 more accesses. But the practical function of the quick access is a single click. I would really like to add up to 6 shortcuts with a single click. Having only 2 takes a lot. Please try to comply with this request. I'm sure many will thank you :eek:

Last edited:

C3C076

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
@C3C076

On several occasions I have asked to add more custom shortcuts to the quick settings. I know that the option to keep pressed can appear 4 more accesses. But the practical function of the quick access is a single click. I would really like to add up to 6 shortcuts with a single click. Having only 2 takes a lot. Please try to comply with this request. I'm sure many will thank you :eek:
I have quick app tile redesign on my list for quite some time. I would like to create an interface for adding as many custom tiles as desired instead of having limited number of hardcoded ones. The thing is I have to find some time as such task needs some​ time to implement.

Reactions: guillermorojaz

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
@C3C076

Actually, after reboot, proximity feature state will reset to match what's in the settings, not vice versa.

sandeep101

Jun 19, 2010
Auto peek in expanded desktop mode

Hi , when expanded desktop is enabled is it possible to add auto peek status bar after specific events like new notifications or battery percentage change..That will just automate everything then instead of manually pulling down from top edge just to check it.

guillermorojaz

Nov 30, 2014
VENEZUELA
I have quick app tile redesign on my list for quite some time. I would like to create an interface for adding as many custom tiles as desired instead of having limited number of hardcoded ones. The thing is I have to find some time as such task needs some​ time to implement.

I understand perfectly. This is a great application that practically has everything that an android user wants to have on their phone. Thank you for your time.

ADDED.

Please refer to this:

Https://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/networkmode-enabler-add-3g-option-to-t3492568

Last edited:

Shen Ron

Oct 15, 2016
OnePlus 7
OnePlus 7 Pro
It would be awesome if gravitybox could cause a ripple effect to the system ui making it appear as if there is water on the screen.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G550T1 using XDA Labs

ferik3

May 16, 2017
Hello, I would like to report a little problem with the statusbar modifications. I have chosen to use a circular battery icon, which shows fine as white upon dark background, but for some reason, fails to change to dark when a light background is under it. You can see it on the picture below. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A3 2016.

i.imgur.com/OoAsDpB.png (I'm not yet allowed to post links unfortunately)

I would also like to thank the developer for his awesome work! He truly helps to make many people's devices much more usable.

C3C076

Dec 15, 2012
Bratislava
ceco.sk.eu.org
Hello, I would like to report a little problem with the statusbar modifications. I have chosen to use a circular battery icon, which shows fine as white upon dark background, but for some reason, fails to change to dark when a light background is under it. You can see it on the picture below. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A3 2016.
i.imgur.com/OoAsDpB.png (I'm not yet allowed to post links unfortunately)
I would also like to thank the developer for his awesome work! He truly helps to make many people's devices much more usable.
Well, this is most likely one of the side effects of module not being compatible with Samsung's Android.
Attached is the screenshot of how it looks like on the supported devices.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170516-100619.png
    Screenshot_20170516-100619.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: rambomhtri

ferik3

May 16, 2017
Thank you very much for your help, yes I supposed it was because of TouchWiz. Can anything be done about this particular bug? It might be just a little fix that needs to be applied, since the other icons are working correctly.

DSA

May 15, 2011
Thank you very much for your help, yes I supposed it was because of TouchWiz. Can anything be done about this particular bug? It might be just a little fix that needs to be applied, since the other icons are working correctly.

Its not a bug, its an unsupported firmware and device

solquest3

Mar 27, 2013
Hello.
I've just updated to MM and so changed version of Gravity Box. In this one I'm having problems with the menu button.
I've set Navigation bar/Always show menu button but nothing changes.
Am I missinng something?
Thanks.
Luigi.
Android 6.0.1
Alcatel 6039Y

Edit: I've also set Show menu button overflow: force attivation but I don't still see it.

Last edited:

ibuytheworstphones

Feb 13, 2017
Tested on HTC Desire 530 running Marshmallow 6.1 (which is almost IMPOSSIBLE to root!)

Confirmed, everything works perfectly with this module! This phone is themed up with the latest HTC Sense Themes app. I will be making a custom ROM for this phone in the near future. Would it be ok to include this module? It is totally useful in so many ways :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GravityBox - all-in-one tweak box - Xposed module for devices running AOSP Marshmallow
    Version 6.6.0 [Marshmallow]

Version for JellyBean is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v3-1-4-tweak-box-android-t2316070
    Version for KitKat is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v3-1-5-tweak-box-android-t2554049
    Version for Lollipop is available in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/xposed/modules/app-gravitybox-v5-0-0alpha-tweak-box-t3037566

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING ANY FURTHER
    Version for Marshmalow has been tested on Nexus 5 and thus should be compatible with all the Nexus devices running stock Google system.

Introduction
    The app utilizes amazing Xposed framework coded by recognized
    developer rovo89 which, briefly, provides interface for injecting code into any app, including system services, allowing modifications of applications and system services at run-time. One of the biggest advantages of GravityBox is that it is not bound to any specific device. Actually, it should run on any device having vanilla Android 6 (ROM close enough to AOSP).
    This project wouldn't be possible without rovo's Xposed framework, so huge kudos to him.

Feature highlight
    --- CyanogenMod Pie controls
    --- Expanded Desktop
    --- Statusbar QuickSettings tile management with additional tiles and reordering /* work in progress */
    --- Statusbar icon coloring
    --- Statusbar Brightness Control
    --- Center clock in statusbar
    --- Battery indicator style
    --- Navigation bar tweaks including cursor control keys
    --- Low battery warning policy
    --- Disable LED flashing when battery low
    --- Disable LED while charging
    --- Advanced power-off menu (reboot, recovery)
    --- Volume key cursor control
    --- Skip tracks by volume key long-press while screen off (thanks to rovo89)
    --- More volume levels for music stream
    --- Option to control safe headset media volume
    --- Button for clearing all recent tasks at once
    --- Minimal brightness setting
    --- Autobrihtness levels adjustment
    --- Lockscreen tweaks
    --- Hardware/navigation key actions
    --- Notification drawer style (background color, image for portait/landscape, transparency)
    --- Button backlight modes (default, disabled, always on while screen is on)
    --- Dialer (Phone) tweaks
    --- Google Launcher tweaks
    --- Screen recording
    --- GravityBox Actions - interface for 3rd party apps
    --- Smart Radio
    --- Notification control (per-app notification LED/sounds/vibrations)
    --- Ascending ring tone
    ... more to come

Compatibility
    Some words about GB's main concept. One thing I didn't like about xposed modules was that it was always necessary to reboot a device after making a change to some option. Since GB's main concept was to turn MTK devices running stock ROM into something that's close enough to a feature-packed custom ROM, I had to take a decision - for it to be as much comfortable as possible and to really behave like a custom ROM, I had to design it to support most of the preference changes to be done on the fly without needing to reboot a device. While this sounds nice, it also brings couple of "drawbacks". For changes to be made on the fly, it is necessary to make some preparations when device starts. This means, even if you don't use the particular feature, the necessary preparation/modification is already there and is waiting for the user to come and change that option.
    This means it is not possible to "completely deactivate" particular feature if it causes trouble on your device or if you installed GB because you want to use only one particular feature you can't find elsewhere.
    This results in issues on ROMs/devices that have parts that are diverting from default Android implementation too much, or are running heavily modified custom ROMs.
    If you experience weird issues after installing GB, even if you didn't activate a particular feature, it is not because of GB is broken, it is because it is not compatible with your ROM. It is very similar as if you installed ROM built from source for Nexus to some Xperia device - it won't work.

Next thing, GB is a complex module and is not suitable for 1 purpose scenario. This means, if you are running custom ROM built from source (CM, PAC, ...), and you are missing a certain feature, your best option is to go ask creators of those ROMs to implement those additional features. Supplementing missing features on well-known custom ROMs built from source by installing xposed modules (especially complex ones) is definitely not a good way to go and can cause more trouble than good.

And finally, the last. GB being a complex module, it shouldn't be combined with other complex modules often racing for the same goal. They can conflict/fight on the same playground and there's no way you can deterministically say which one's going to win.
    They can even lose both.

So in summary:
    - this module is designed to run on vanilla or close-to-vanilla Android 6 (AOSP)
    - supports "Google devices" like Nexus, HTC One Google play edition, and others running vanilla Android 6
    - supports OnePlus 3T running OxygenOS 3.5
    - Samsung Touchwiz, HTC Sense, MIUI, LeWa, Xperia, Lenovo, etc. are NOT supported. It is not guaranteed this module will work on these at all so try at your own risk. This module is simply too complex to support all kind of ROM brands that were vastly modified by vendors.
    - DO NOT USE WITH CUSTOM ROMS LIKE CM,AOSPA,ROOTBOX,AOKP,SLIM,CATACLYSM,OMNI AND THEIR OTHER CLONES... IT MAKES NO SENSE AND CAN CAUSE CONFLICTS AND UNEXPECTED BEHAVIOUR
    - I will not implement any exceptions that will adapt this module to a specific custom ROM. Please, do understand, it is unmanageable.
    - I will not provide any support for devices violating these compatibility rules

As is detailed in the OP, GravityBox is designed to be used with stock, vanilla AOSP ROMs, not OEM and custom ROMs. In other words, Google Play Edition and Nexus devices. All OEM ROMs (TouchWiz, Sense, Xperia, Moto, etc.), and custom ROMs (CyanogenMod, ParanoidAndroid, etc.) differ significantly in their code base from pure AOSP. And as most of these ROMs are closed source, and the developer does not have access to all the devices, it means that GravityBox is not designed for, or tested on, these devices and ROMs.

Even though the Moto devices look like stock Android, they are as much custom under-the-hood as TouchWiz or Sense. It's just that Motorola decided to implement a skin that resembles stock Android, rather than a custom skin like Samsung has done. But the changes to the core code mean that many of GravityBox's features will not work, and actually do cause some well-known bugs. The same goes for ParanoidAndroid, there are just too many changes to the core code for GB to be reliable.

If you choose to use GravityBox on a ROM it was never intended to be used with, then you do so at your own risk, and without any support. You should always have a good nandroid backup and be familiar with ADB and Fastboot. At any time, a ROM update or GravityBox update may cause any/all GravityBox features to break, and worst case, send your device into a bootloop. This is just an unfortunate reality of using a mod on a device it wasn't intended to be used on. Any user who wishes to improve or fix bugs on their unsupported ROM is more than welcome to download the source code for GravityBox (links to Git in the OP) and work on debugging and fixing the bugs on their own.

Prerequisites
    To use this module, the following conditions must be met
    - You have a device running Android 6 that's based on AOSP (vanilla or close-to-vanilla Android)
    - Xposed Framework v78 or later

GravityBox Marshmallow version has been developed and tested on Nexus 5

Installation
    1) Follow instructions for installation of Xposed Framework.

2) Download, GravityBox APK from the second post and install it.
    Alternatively, you can download the latest GravityBox directly from Xposed Installer (search for GravityBox [MM] module).

3) Make sure GravityBox app is installed into internal memory. If it was installed into phone storage or external storage,
    move it into the internal memory first (applies only to devices having additional or external storage)

7) Run Xposed installer, go to Modules menu and activate GravityBox by checking the checkbox

8) Reboot

9) Launch GravityBox from app drawer or from Xposed installer and set options as desired

Videos
    - Xposed framework install plus gravity box module overview (thanks to Rootjunky.com & Marshall Williams)
    - Gravity Box - What is it and How to install it (thanks to @D3VI0US)

Documentation
    Thanks to @cadarn07, there's a comprehensive and searchable User Guide listing
    all of the GravityBox features. It's an EverNote document located at https://www.evernote.com/pub/cadarn07/gravitybox

Reporting bugs
    If you experience problems with certain feature, provide the full-detailed info that can help me
    to reproduce the bug and attach debug.log file you'll find in:
    /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/log

In case you experience SystemUI crashes or other apps Force Closing, or device soft reboots, attach logcat from time
    crash occurs. (use adb logcat *:E or your favorite logcat app from Play Store).
    Please, don't attach big logs. Only the portion where error is clearly seen.
    Disable all other xposed modules before reproducing bug to make sure it is really GravityBox related
    Remember, this app was developed and tested on one particular device so it is not guaranteed that
    it will work flawlessly on yours.

Click here tor ead additional, more detailed info on Reporting bugs provided by @trjlive

Multilanguage support
    Volunteers are welcome to translate GravityBox to other languages.
    Simply download this file: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/raw/marshmallow/res/values/strings.xml
    Use Notepad++ to edit strings and then send me edited file so I can include translations into next release.

Source code
    GravityBox is opensource. Sources are available in my gihub: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/tree/marshmallow
    If you're a dev and have some ideas for additional features, feel free to fork it, work on it
    and send the pull requests.

Copyright notice
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/marshmallow/NOTICE

Support development
    Coding, maintaining and supporting this project costs me a lot of my precious time. If you find this project useful, you are welcome to support its development via donation. This form of support is meant to compensate for my time dedicated to the community + eventually, help me to afford newer device to keep up with AOSP evolution thus providing continuous support as Android evolves. Thanks!

Info about premium features and PayPal transaction ID verification system
    1) Those who supported development via PayPal donation can use their PayPal transaction ID to unlock premium features.
    As of v2.9.5, there's one premium feature: Backup/restore of GB settings.

2) If you contributed to the project by providing translations, code fragments, or by any other way
    you can apply for a free transaction ID by contacting me via PM.

3) Be aware that there's a system that can identify potential transaction ID
    abuse. E.g. when one ID is being used by more users. Such IDs will get blocked automatically.
    This can also happen when you previously exposed your ID in public forum and other users took
    advantage of it. If this is the case, contact me via PM so I can issue new, special ID.
    In case you own more devices, you can use one transaction ID on up to 10 of them.

4) If you are using your own custom builds of GB for personal use, you will get hash mismatch
    upon verifying your ID as verification system accepts requests only from official releases of GB.
    If you want to be able to verify IDs with your custom build, contact me via PM so I can setup
    a special hash for your build.
    If you are using a custom build that you provide for broader group of users (e.g. in a custom ROM),
    it is necessary to ask for new hash everytime your new custom version is released for public use.
    These rules are based on mutual trust so please, do not violate them.

Credits
    - @bgcngm for his code contributions to the project
    - @MohammadAG for Xperia specific contributions to the project
    - @rovo89 for his ultimate Xposed framework and "Volume keys to skip track" mod
    - @peptonib for starting me up with this project
    - @Tungstwenty for Fake ID vulnerability patch
    - @simmac for app icon
    - @romracer for Motorola specific code contributions
    - THL W8 owners for providing support and feedback
    - CyanogenMod project
    - ParanoidAndroid project
    - SlimBean, RootBox, AOKP, OmniROM projects
    - Sergey Margaritov for ColorPickerPreference
    - All those who provided translations for different languages (Mr.Premise, peptonib, kidmar, ch-vox, romashko, Indiant, lelemm, oicirbaf, unavix, LuHash, WedyDQ10, mp3comanche, awaaas, liveasx, samsonbear, Eric850130, xtrem007, benjoe1, asmb111, ...)
    - and finally, all those who keep the project alive by supporting me via donations (you know who you are)

Changelog
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/blob/marshmallow/CHANGELOG.txt

XDA:DevDB Information
    GravityBox [MM] Xposed Framework Module, Xposed for the Xposed Framework

Contributors
    C3C076
    Source Code: https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/tree/marshmallow

Xposed Package Name: com.ceco.marshmallow.gravitybox

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 6.6.0
    Stable Release Date: 2018-09-23

Created 2015-11-17
    Last Updated 2018-09-23
    Changelog 6.6.0 - 23/09/2018
    - QuietHours: additional enhancements and redesign
    --- rules for ligts/vibrations/sounds/ringer whitelist can now be set for each time range independently
    --- manual mode has its own set of rules that are independent of automatic time ranges
    --- initial ringer whitelist for newly created time range is inherited from manual mode settings
    --- added option for controlling current mode directly from the QuietHours settings
    --- reorganized settings
    --- !!! data structure changes render existing time ranges incompatible - need to be reconfigured !!!
    - Updated Ukrainian translations (thanks to burunduk)
    - Updated Turkish translations (thanks to Fatih Firinci)
    - Updated Russian translations (thanks to gaich)

Complete commit history for 6.5.3->6.6.0

Important info about compatibility with OxygenOS 3.5 running on OnePlus 3T

QuickSettings management
    OxygenOS 3.5 has quick settings ported from Nougat which makes things far too complicated.
    I put a lot of efforts into adjusting quick settings management in GravityBox but there are still
    some limitations that would require far more work and time to address. This is as best as we can get at this moment.
    I am probably not planning to put additional efforts into it since Nougat is going to drop to OP3T soon.
    Limitations:
    - max 9 tiles at the same time allowed
    - tiles per row option is not available
    - scaling correction is not available
    - tiles still support visibility policy settings (e.g. to not show tile on secured lock screen)
    but due to nature of quick settings panel, tiles can't be rearranged to fill-in space left by hidden tiles.
    - dual mode is not supported
    - when QS management is enabled in GravityBox, edit button located in QS panel is linked to GravityBox QS management
    instead of system's QS editor (it can't coexist together with GB's QS management)
    - dataswitch tile disappears unexpectedly when tiles are reconfigured. Reboot brings it back.

Battery style
    OxygenOS does not have stock battery with percentage so setting this style in GravityBox has no effect.

Navigation keys action for capactitive buttons
    Home key double tap is strangely linked to menu single-tap action. So if you want
    to set doubletap action on home key, make sure to set the same value to menu single-press

Power menu
    OxygenOS has completely different power menu which means advanced power menu features in GravityBox are not available.

Fingerprint launcher
    When fingerprint sensor is in listening state on OP3T, it disables standard home button functionality.
    Workaround is to assign "Go Home" GravityBox action as fingeprint sensor quick-tap.
    GravityBox will set this action on quick-tap option automatically in case there is none assigned yet.

OnePlus3T running alternative AOSP ROM
    If OxygenOS 3.5 on your device has been reflashed by AOSP ROM, make sure to enable "Force AOSP" option in About section
    What's missing in version for Marshmallow compared to Lollipop
    - No Music tile.
    - RingerMode tile has been changed to allow only ringer specific modes: sound/vibrate/sound&vibrate. It won't allow changing Do not disturb modes, but it's still capable of indicating current DND mode. Use stock tile for managing Do not disturb modes.
    - Heads up features are limited since it is no longer a standalone system window but rather standard notification which can show in special mode where notification panel is invisible
    - No status bar notification ticker features as support for ticker has been completely dropped in Marshmallow.

QuickSettings management and SystemUI tuner
    Avoid using SystemUI tuner for quick settings when you have QS management enabled in GravityBox.
    SystemUI tuner QS management will crash as it doesn't know about tiles coming from GB.
    Nothing to be fixed from GB side.

Settings from Lollipop
    It is possible to restore backup of the settings made in LP version of GravityBox.

Full history of changes for transition from LP to MM
    https://github.com/GravityBox/GravityBox/compare/v5.3.2_lp...v6.0.1_mm
    Version 6.2.0 available

Changelog 6.2.0 - 03/11/2016
    - Fixed issue preventing module from working on some devices
    - Fixed battery percent text sign showing in lock screen even if disabled
    - Lockscreen tweaks:
    --- Imprint mode adjusted for compatibility with newer Android 6.0.1 releases
    - GravityBox Actions:
    --- expand notification panel instantly instead of slow animation
    --- brought back action for expanding quick settings panel
    - Introducing Fingerprint launcher (available within main settings screen):
    --- allows launching app/action using fingerprint sensor when screen is on
    and device is unlocked
    --- provides 10 second time window when other app requests fingerprint
    authentication during which user must take action before Launcher tries
    recapturing sensor
    --- EXPERIMENTAL option for quick tap mode, which accepts
    unrecognized fingerprints and quicker taps to launch app/action. Can
    temporarily lock out sensor when too many subsequent auth failures occur
    - Updated Chinese (Simplified) translations (thanks to liveasx)

Complete commit history for 6.1.7->6.2.0
    Changelog 6.0.8 - 05/04/2016
    - CircleBattery: fixed refreshing issue
    - Navbar: added option for auto-fading soft keys
    - Lockscreen: added option for PIN scrambling
    - StayAwake tile: added option for auto-reset of screen timeout when screen turns off
    - Updated Ukrainian translations (thanks to burunduk)
    - Updated Chinese (Simplified) translations (thanks to liveasx)
    - Updated Malaysian translations (thanks to zamzameir)
    - Updated Russian translations (thanks to gaich)

Complete commit history for 6.0.7->6.0.8