Votes: 19 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
I can test it out probably later today or tomorrow, and yes we change it to xperia play, I don't think there would be a problem if we changed it to zeusc.. You can edit it in the build.prop and try for yourself if you like. It's just what me, pax, and chevy have been branding it :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

I do what chevy did and just edit it myself then re-zip and re-sign it.. I'll try to just make a patch this week if I find the time. Cm and stock are set up entirely different as far as I've learned with it. I have yet to do any developing as far as stock goes so I'm not much help there lol
If you are setting zeusc as board, you shouldn't do that, because you also use the zeus board. Besides I think we have to leave the board property field blank.

Hows my kernel doing :D

Reactions: paxChristos

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Hey, is anyone out there also using Robert Broglia's .emu line of emulators in the market? I've been trying to work through an issue I've been having since the beginning of chevy's ports of CM9 to our devices, which is that when I first open any of his emulators and start a ROM for the first time in that instance of the emu, I get an all white screen for the playfield, which only goes away after I enter the emu's menu and make it redraw itself somehow (by scrolling or choosing an option or just exiting out of the menu). After that it doesn't happen again, even if I load a new ROM/Savestate.

Unfortunately, Robert has an R800at, not an R800x, and he just installed FXP116 yesterday and he was unable to reproduce. So I'm worried that it's either my specific phone, or something in our build.

If anyone out there is willing to test, his port of SNES9x is free at his website - http://www.explusalpha.com/home/snes9x-ex/downloads.

Also, pax/agraceful, are you guys consistent in what you're setting as the name of our device in the build.prop? I ask b/c there's another bug he fixed already, but part of the fix requires detecting our device, and in FXP116 on his R800at he said the device name came up as "zeus" but in previous logcats I submitted to him, our name was "R800x". And I looked in the build.prop of the 4/19 build, and the name looks like it's "Xperia Play" now.

Just tested it out on 04/21, no problems when loading a game (haven't tried multiple, yet.)

I normally changed the build.prop in mine to this:
Code:
ro.product.model=R800x
ro.product.brand=Sony Ericsson
ro.product.name=Xperia Play
ro.product.device=zeusc
ro.product.board=zeusc

When I do it straight from code, it does come out as this:
Code:
ro.product.model=Xperia Play
ro.product.brand=SEMC
ro.product.name=R800i
ro.product.device=zeus
ro.product.board=zeus

Normally i'm pretty good about changing that one :p

Is the cdma conversion done by patching or is it another recompile? It seems by now we ought to be able to have a patch we could use to experiment with other roms. And I'm also curious to know what is so different about ICS that we can't use that same process to get cdma working on it.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

If you look in the folder, there's a zip file name porting libs.zip. That's what's used to port to .88 baseband, but be forewarned, it ONLY work with CM based roms.

Stock based requires SemcPhone.apk tweaks, along with framework.jar tweaks (and probably tweaks to everything that depends on semcphone.apk)

(NOTE: I have tried just copying pasting the files from the zip (and fixing build.prop) for .368 .42 .62, PlayIcsBeta, & a couple of others (icXperia has issues (i had an issue where the home launcher wouldn't load)) MIUI had issues with phone.apk crashing (similar to icsBeta)) and that's all I can think of :p)

Pax

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
pax/agraceful,

Thanks for the quick response on the .emu thing. I did leave out one detail. Make sure you guys have the on-screen controls disabled (Menu -> Options -> Input -> On-screen Controls). If the on-screen controls are enabled, I don't have the issue. If you already did this, crap I guess it's just me :(

As for the name in the build.prop, I'm just hoping to find something common between our builds and the GSM builds for Robert to use as an identifier, because he's about to go back and change what he was using before to detect, and I think it might end up breaking detection on our devices. From the email he sent me:

"1. The model name is "zeus" instead of "r800*" so the app doesn't default to the Xperia Play control mapping, fixing that in the next update"

Re-reading that, I looked at our build.prop again, I think I'm looking at the wrong value. I think he's referring to ro.product.model, which is R800x in our builds. Is it just "zeus" in the GSM build from FXP?

Reactions: Skazer

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
pax/agraceful,

Thanks for the quick response on the .emu thing. I did leave out one detail. Make sure you guys have the on-screen controls disabled (Menu -> Options -> Input -> On-screen Controls). If the on-screen controls are enabled, I don't have the issue. If you already did this, crap I guess it's just me :(

Quick response: yes disabling on screen controls does hang on a white screen on 4/21. I tried opening up the gamepad & got a reboot :(

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Quick response: yes disabling on screen controls does hang on a white screen on 4/21. I tried opening up the gamepad & got a reboot :(

Hmm, good to know it's not just me then. Although I can't repro the reboot. Maybe you just got unlucky, although I usually start games with the gamepad already open.

I sent Robert a link to this thread, hopefully he'll see this stuff. In any case, I'll relay this info to Robert.

Thanks guys!

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Hmm, good to know it's not just me then. Although I can't repro the reboot. Maybe you just got unlucky, although I usually start games with the gamepad already open.

I sent Robert a link to this thread, hopefully he'll see this stuff. In any case, I'll relay this info to Robert.

Thanks guys!

Otherwise if Robert hops on this thread/sends me a pm, I'm more than willing to try to get it fixed! (I'm definitely a fan of getting as many programs working with this as possible)

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
I tried using Keiran's "newboot.img" that is supposed to make video playback work again. Whenever I boot and try to get my Link2SD working, on my ext4 sd-ext, it gives me the following error:

"Mount Script cannot be created.
mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 failed: No such device
ext4 may not be supported on your device. Try FAT32 on the second partition."

That error message is obvious enough, but my question for Keiran is, does your kernel actually not support ext4, or is there a bug somewhere else? I'm back on DooMKerneL until I receive an answer either way. I don't really want to switch everything over if it's a smaller issue.

Sorry to quote myself, but Keiran did ask how his kernel was doing and it seems I was completely skipped over.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
I'll fix the build.prop I use so from 4/2x on it'll be ro.product.board= zeus (as long as it doesn't break data, knowing Verizon, it probably will :p)

The one I uploaded says zeusc, I'll start switching it to zeus. Didn't break data either, I'm running it now and it's fine

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Just got a reply from Robert Broglia, I'm gonna post it here so everybody can see:
Ok, no problem. I'll look up some threads about my emulators and build up the post count.

About the white screen issue, here what's going on: Due to how the timer works when auto-frameskip is active in my apps, the first frame might draw a texture that hasn't been written to yet (I'm fixing this in the next update so it can't happen). The normal texture backend code creates the texture using glTexImage2D and normally this isn't a problem as you'll just get junk or a blank image for the very first frame. When on Android 4.0+ I use a SurfaceTexture and perform the equivalent operations, but it appears the Adreno driver on CM9 delays the internal allocation of the texture until it's first written to and this in turn creates an interaction with the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES state if it's been previously enabled. If the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES isn't explicitly disabled/enabled after this happens, the texture contents aren't rendered even though the SurfaceTexture is updating. Here's a possible sequence to trigger the bug:

1. new texture id created from glGenTextures and bound by glBindTexture to the GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES target
2. new SurfaceTexture object constructed in Java with the texture id
3. ANativeWindow object acquired by native code and configured with ANativeWindow_setBuffersGeometry
4. glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES) called
5. geometry utilizing the SurfaceTexture is drawn to the screen and the display buffers are swapped (end of frame 1, texture appears blank/undefined as expected)
6. ANativeWindow object locked/unlocked/posted with content and updateTexImage() called on the SurfaceTexture
7. geometry utilizing the SurfaceTexture is drawn to the screen and the display buffers are swapped (end of frame 2, texture appears with correct content on Tegra 2, Mali, and Android SDK emulator OpenGL drivers, but blank/undefined on Adreno CM9)
8. Repeat step 7, behavior remains the same, but if glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES) and glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES) are called then the Adreno shows the correct content

If you move step 6 in between 3 & 4 then you get the correct content displaying on the Adreno driver. Since the enable/disable behavior of GL_TEXTURE_EXTERNAL_OES should mirror GL_TEXTURE_2D (it never needs to be explcitly disabled/enabled to recognize changes in the bound texture), I believe this is a bug. Do you know who I can get in touch with to get this looked at?

Thanks

He's working his way up the posting ladder, so hopefully soon we'll be able to see him here :p

Pax

Reactions: Mogul345

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
Yeah, he got back to me as well. I confirmed, if I shut off auto frame skip, I can't reproduce the issue. Not really shocked that it's a driver issue either, there seems to be a few versions of the adreno libs out there now, according to the thread about them in the touchpad forum on RootzWiki. Seems like Qualcomm is still working the kinks out.

agraceful

Mar 29, 2011
If you are setting zeusc as board, you shouldn't do that, because you also use the zeus board. Besides I think we have to leave the board property field blank.

Hows my kernel doing :D

I'd say after flashing a build and talking/texting throughout the day I'd say one word. Winning!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-22-22-24-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-22-22-24-18.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 72
This also happened to me once when I flashed Kierans kernel on one of agracefuls FXP ports. Just stopped working. I ended up having to wipe and reflash, haven't had a problem since.

My method to success...

1. Flash kernel via fastboot
  2. Boot into recovery (from newly flashed kernel or temp boot into seperate recovery image)
  3. Erase dalvik cache & cache
  4. Flash ROM
  5. Flash gapps
  6. Reboot into recovery
  7. Erase dalvik cache & cache
  8. Boot into system normally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIRST OFF: THIS IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS. IF YOU TRY TO INSTALL THIS WITH A LOCKED BOOTLOADER, YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.

As aGraceful has been mentioning, Here is the CM9 thread dedicated to the R800x.

What it is:
    We (myself, aGraceful or anybody else who's interested) will port FXP with every new release that comes out.

I (or if anybody else is interested) will be building & uploading a new version (from source) about mid-week (between FXP release) with the newest CM9 updates.

What it is not:
    Neither myself, aGraceful, or anybody else who contributes claim any thing special about the code. Either FXP built it (if it's a port) or it's code from Cyangenmod/Koush/freexperia or anybody else who has contributed to the CM9/Android repos.
    Starting 2012 June 06 -- I am using my own device tree and vendor tree to build this, so it should work better with wifi than FXP's builds.

Now, onto the good stuff.
    What Works:
    Data
    Calls
    Wifi
    GPS
    SMS
    Accelerometer
    MMS (thanks chrono!)

What Doesn't Work:
    Bluetooth Media Audio (Thanks chrono!)
    Video Recording (Thanks Neoandgeo for pointing that one out)
    Facebook account syncing (Thanks DoubleByte) -- Note facebook account syncing looks like it's a problem within 4.0 framework...

Anything else that doesn't work, lemme know, I'll add it to the list.

FXP Changelog: changelog for fxp

Link to All Downloads
    What's in it:

1) agraceful's port of FXP 115 116 117 (Current as of 04/22) I'm gonna stop hosting FXP ports through my mediafire, look to agraceful for those
    2) mega_fix.zip -- contains Atarii's wifi/gamepad fix & 216monster's mms/carrier name fix
    3) My latest build from source (newest date in the title)
    4) Older builds
    5) Copy of the libs I use for porting, If you're interested in trying to bring another ROM to our phone, these cover mostly everything) dev corner with some libs if you're interested in porting something.

Steps to do a install:
    1) Download & copy to sdcard
    2) reboot recovery,
    3) MAKE A NANDROID!
    4) wipe dalvik/cache
    5) install from sdcard.

Steps to do a 100% clean install (we're talking if all else fails try this option)
    1) Reboot into recovery, MAKE A NANDROID, wipe the 3 major things (data/cache/dalvik)
    2) Turn off your phone & connect it in fastboot mode.
    3) enter this fastboot erase system (this will erase the /system partition, insuring a clean install)
    4) boot into recovery
    5) install from zip.

Thanks to Ridder215215, a complete guide on how to install CM9 (just replace the link in line 2 with the link above)

As everybody knows, Flashing roms can lead to issues with your phone. When you decide to flash something, you are taking the responsibility for your phone working into your own hands.

Google apps: http://goo.im/gapps
    or goo.im market app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager

Rom Update: 2012 April 11

1) Latest CM9 fixes.
    2) Gamepad fix added in.
    3) Wifi fix is included
    4) Kernel is included in the zip this time, so no need to download two separate things :p

Test update: 2012 April 11

Uploaded a xLoud test version for y'all to try out. Please tell me how well it works for you guys! (If it makes a big enough difference, I'll change out dspmanager for it)
    1) Added in xLoud framework (kinda, I think we're missing stuff from framework.jar/framework-res.apk so it doesn't show up in menu-> sound settings) ALSO: It's having an issue with wrong UID (settingsProvider.apk issue) so when I get around to it, i'll tear apart some things and see if it can't be ported.
    2) Removed DSP manager

Kernel Update; 2012 April 14
    Uploaded a new kernel for people to test out
    Enabled governors:
    Conservative
    MinMax
    SavagedZen
    SmartAssv2
    InteractiveX

Enabled IO Schedulers:
    Anticipatory
    Deadline
    CFQ
    V(R)

Disabled ALS (Thank Keiran)

Sources are FXP's (https://github.com/freexperia/semc-kernel-msm7x30-ics/tree/ics) All I did was tweak some minor stuff

Rom Update 2012 April 15
    1) Latest CM Sources
    2) No xLoud tweaks
    3) Wifi fix built in (will be from now on)
    4) Gamepad fix built in (will be from now on)
    5) Set mmc to "12" in apns-conf.xml (should fix any mms issues, if it doesn't I'll change it to 5)

Kernel uploaded yesterday will still work (am using it right now)

Kernel Update (2012 April 18)
    Uploaded a new kernel built from DooMLoRD's Sources (see links above) with wifi modules included (so you won't have to flash 'em) -- NOTE: THIS ONE WILL BREAK H/W DECODING.

Rom Update (2012 April 19)
    Uploaded a new version.
    1) Latest cm9 fixes
    2) Tried adding some of the info from brainard52's post into the apns-conf.xml it it doesn't work, follow the instruction in his post (thanks brainard52!)

Rom Update (2012 April 21)
    Uploaded a new version
    1) Latest cm9 fixes
    {in case mms is still not fixed 2) Tried adding some of the info from brainard52's post into the apns-conf.xml it it doesn't work, follow the instruction in his post (thanks brainard52!)
    }
    Why? Because 8 hours and still no upload from FXP, so I felt like uploading one :p

Rom Update (2012 April 25)
    Uploaded a new version
    1) Latest cm9 fixes
    2) Included KeiranFTW's latest DFK-CM9 kernel in the zip, because well, it works. best. way to go keiran!
    3) Made sure that ro.board is zeus, not zeusc (once again, thanks Keiran!)

Rom Update (2012 April 29)
    1) Latest CM9 Fixes
    2) zipalign in /system/xbin
    3) OI File Manager From OpenIntents
    4) Network Name fix from 216Monster!

Rom Update (2012 May 03)
    1) Latest CM9 fixes
    2) Change in baseband libs to .57.
    Sorry, not too much this time, I got distracted with the 2.3.4 update & got to it late :D

Rom Update (2012 May 05)
    Added Codename-Android to the download list. If you like tweaks, enjoy. Codename Android has it's own thread

Rom Update (2012 May 06)
    1) Latest CM9 fixes... including theme manager! (but no themes, yet)

Rom Update (2012 May 09)
    1) Latest CM9 fixes

Rom Update (2012 May 12)
    1) Latest CM9 Fixes (sorry, nothing big this update, busy)
    2) Also packaged latest DFK in zip
    3) DO NOT USE FXP KERNEL WITH THIS ROM, I HAD MASSIVE FC ISSUES.

Rom Update (2012 June 6)
    1) Been a little while hasn't it :D
    2) Latest CM9 fixes
    3) Kernel included was built from source as part of CM's new "inline kernel building" (FXP's kernel)
    Added Codename Android Port to the downloads.

NOTE: IT IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE VERSION OF CM9 SIMILAR TO AOKP, IT WILL WIPE SYSTEM & WILL RESET YOUR HOMESCREEN ICONS. On the other hand, it's another flavor of CM9 available to us (and for a change, not available to the R800i first *sticks out tongue at R800i users*)

Pax
    Building an update, soon as it's done, i'll test, upload & update OP

Pax
    As Brainard52 Suggested,
    Resources:

HOW TO FLASH A KERNEL:
    1) Download a working kernel for CM9 (it's in download links, included with FXP zip & stand-alone (will be fixed next update))
    2) extract kernel from where ever you downloaded it to where ever fastboot is (unless you add fastboot to $path in windows or /bin||/usr/bin||etc in linux)
    3) type the following command "fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot <name of boot.img>
    4) NEVER FLASH RECOVERY.IMG.

Linux users:
    If you create a file, 51.android.rules, put this in it
    Code:
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR(idVendor)=="0fce", mode=="0666", GROUP="plugdev",
    chmod it to 644 (r+w) & copy it to /etc/udev/rules.d/ you never need to use -i again! (for your play)

Links:
    Flashtool:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1351299

Original FXP Thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1447542

Team Darkforest CM9 Kernel:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1541482

Recovery:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130639

In case you want to try out building from source, read this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1556971

Note: KeiranFTW forgets one major thing in his post, he assumes that somebody will only do it once! If you plan on doing it more than once, then for every git clone you do (msm-7x30, zeus, zeus-common in device/semc/ & vendor/semc/) you should go through and do a git pull everytime you wanna rebuild source (knowing Keiran, he probably just made a script for it :p )

If you want to build a kernel from source download this text file:
    Kernel Tutorial! (Note: In it I use FXP sources, if you wanna Doom/Keiran just change the git url inside to their kernel sources)

Courtesy of CrimsonKnight13, Here is a list of apps that are a good addition to CM9
    Here's my list of preferred apps over stock CM9/ICS

ConnectBot > Terminal Emulator
    Dolphin Browser HD (newest has an ICS-ish look) > Browser (Chrome)
    exDialer w/ ICS Theme AC > Phone
    Play Music > Music
    SuperSU > Superuser
    APEX Launcher > Trebuchet
    Swiftkey 3 Beta (has a very ICS look) > Default keyboard
    OpenExplorer Beta > File Explorer (from any ICS/CM9 iteration)
    Alarm Clock Plus > Clock

I'm adding a poll on top to see what people want included. If an app is a paid app, then don't even think about asking for it to be added.

LOGCAT
    For future reference, I'm going to include here how to use logcat (android debugging tool.)
    There are two main ways to do a logcat, within android and through adb.
    Logcat within android can be installed by a logcat app:
    Two good examples are either: aLogcat or Catlog
    I prefer catlog, because in my opinion it has a little bit nicer UI. Both of these programs can dump their logs to a txt file, which is very useful for debugging.

On the other hand, using adb to run logcat, in my opinion is much more useful, because you can start using it when android boots (i.e. once the boot animation appears.)

The code for logcat is
    Code:
    adb logcat > name of problem.txt
    you can also do
    Code:
    adb logcat -f name of problem.txt
    how I prefer to do it is this way:
    Code:
    adb logcat -v long > name of problem.txt
    with the -v flag & the long argument, it changes output to long style, which means every line of logcat will be on its own line (makes it a little neater, imo)

Here's where using logcat (via adb makes life really easy)
    Lets say you find a problem you're having after looking at a logcat.

For example:
    When I was trying to use a different ramdisk, wifi wouldn't work so I got a logcat that's almost 1300 lines long (a lot of stuff happens in the background)

So if you search for an error in the logcat file (it's always e/ for error, f/ for fatal. those are the two main things that matter to me.)

Code:
    D/dalvikvm(  871): GC_CONCURRENT freed 472K, 6% free 10224K/10823K, paused 1ms+6ms
    V/AmazonAppstore.DiskInspectorServiceImpl(  871): Available blocks: 21981, Block size: 4096, Free: 90034176, Threshold: 5242880, withinThreshold? true
    D/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Received action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
    W/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Confused about why I'm running with this intent action: null from intent: Intent { cmp=com.amazon.venezia/com.amazon.mas.client.framework.UpdateService }
    D/dalvikvm(  890): GC_CONCURRENT freed 175K, 4% free 9375K/9671K, paused 2ms+3ms
    V/AmazonAppstore.ReferenceCounter(  871): Reference (MASLoggerDB) count has gone to 0. Closing referenced object.
    E/WifiStateMachine(  203): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon 
    V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): runUpdateCommand doInBackground started.
    V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Running UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
    V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateCommand(  871): Not updating key: digitalLocker from: 1334228488057
    V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Finished UpdateCommand: digitalLocker
    V/AmazonAppstore.UpdateService(  871): Running UpdateCommand: serviceConfig
    V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB(  871): performLogMetric: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onCreate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
    V/AmazonAppstore.MASLoggerDB(  871): onBackgroundTaskSucceeded: Metric logged: ResponseTimeMetric [fullName=com.amazon.venezia.VeneziaApplication_onCreate, build=release-2.3, date=Wed Apr 11 13:10:55 CDT 2012, count=1, value=1601.0]
    W/CommandListener(  118): Failed to retrieve HW addr for eth0 (No such device)
    D/CommandListener(  118): Setting iface cfg
    D/NetworkManagementService(  203): rsp <213 00:00:00:00:00:00 0.0.0.0 0 [down]>
    D/NetworkManagementService(  203): flags <[down]>
    E/WifiStateMachine(  203): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate with native daemon to interface setcfg - com.android.server.NativeDaemonConnectorException: Cmd {interface setcfg eth0 0.0.0.0 0 [down]} failed with code 400 : {Failed to set address (No such device)}
    W/PackageParser(  203): Unknown element under <manifest>: supports-screen at /mnt/asec/com.android.aldiko-1/pkg.apk Binary XML file line #16
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): wpa_supplicant v0.8.x
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): random: Trying to read entropy from /dev/random
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Initializing interface 'eth0' conf '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' driver 'wext' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf' -> '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Reading configuration file '/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf'
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): ctrl_interface='eth0'
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): update_config=1
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): Line: 4 - start of a new network block
    D/wpa_supplicant(  930): key_mgmt: 0x4
    (mind you, that's 29 lines out of 1300ish, just for example)

I then could do the following with logcat:
    Code:
    adb logcat WifiStateMachine:E -v long > name of problem.txt

and this will only print out any errors associated with WifiStateMachine, and anything which is fatal, which makes it about a million times easier to figure out what's going on!

How this relates to xLoud. (or any other problem we have with future updates.)
    Now, since xLoud is apparently causing all sorts of havoc including not granting root , screwing up volume & messing with equalizers, a logcat done the following way will help me immensely with figuring out how to go about fixing it:
    Code:
    adb logcat *:E -v long > name of problem.txt
    will print out all errors, fatal exceptions (what causes android to crash) that happen with the xLoud (or any other risky) update.

my email (for sending me logcats): nielson.peter@gmail.com
    Complaints, requests for add-ons, stupid questions, or anything else I feel like will be deleted upon receiving it. Logcats will not.
    (If you wanna complain, request something or ask a stupid questions, that's why this thread is here)

Regarding Nightlies:

UPDATE:
    Everybody: Head on over here -- http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1661091

It's the nightly build for R800 :D
    Pax

UPDATE: Here is an update.zip file to automatically change any CM9 (AOSP ICS) based R800i download to work with the R800x (all thanks to KeiranFTW & Atarii for the fix)
    saved for future use