[Q] Kindle Fire 2 brick: WHITE triangle on boot

Search This thread

xyonofcalhoun

Apr 2, 2014
Right, so, I've done some googling and some searching about here and there but either I'm being dense and the solution is really simple, or nobody's done what I've done with this tablet before and, again, I'm being dense. Here's my issue:

• Kindle Fire 2 (2nd gen, also second-hand) tablet: stock, rooted, that worked fine with the tool by bin4ry.
  • Rebooted after that, verified root was working, adb and fastboot perfectly fine (sidenote: linux user, no shonky Windows drivers at fault here)
  • My ultimate goal is to get CM on this device, so, started after this to follow the instructions in this thread regarding getting the second bootloader on the tablet.
  • Realised I need a factory cable, ordered, delivered, works but not all the time, I'm not sure if it's a dodgy cable or not but did get into fastboot.
  • Got new bootloader installed, saw Kindle Fire logo in blue. Proceeded to boot the stock rom after this and use adb push to put the CM 11 zip and the gapps zip files on /sdcard.
  • adb shell, su, reboot recovery, intending to boot into TWRP to flash new rom
  • Tablet reboots, but is now stuck with the stock boot logo (orange) and then a black screen with a white triangle and exclamation mark on it. I haven't seen any references to this particular delight.
  • Fastboot cable does not, no matter how I fiddle with it, put the tablet in fastboot mode. Holding down the power button for five minutes did nothing.

I've read that if it turns on, it can probably be recovered, but I don't know what to do from here. Can anyone render assistance?

xyonofcalhoun

Apr 2, 2014
So, after much fiddling, I discovered that my problem was actually that my fastboot cable was loose in the microUSB end, and not contacting properly with the pins - thus not sending the tablet the requisite signal to enter fastboot mode.

I've successfully got TWRP onto the fire and thus CM 10.1 now.

I hope this update helps anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation; fastboot still works, keep wiggling.

MisterWoot

Oct 29, 2010
www.misterwoot.info
So, after much fiddling, I discovered that my problem was actually that my fastboot cable was loose in the microUSB end, and not contacting properly with the pins - thus not sending the tablet the requisite signal to enter fastboot mode.

I've successfully got TWRP onto the fire and thus CM 10.1 now.

I hope this update helps anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation; fastboot still works, keep wiggling.

I had this problem with a 2nd gen Kindle that was also second hand.
Phoned Amazon UK, described the problem (not mentioning I'd done it myself) and they replaced it.
Seems there's not a lot they won't replace.