[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xcaliburinhand

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2010
So whats with the recovery? new 4E? or just doesnt work right?

Stock I9000 recovery has the button mapping issues which makes it useless for us. I actually got stuck in recovery at one point.

I replaced it with the CWM recovery, but it is still not fully implemented yet.

Btw, I recommend the fugu root kernel to get root access.

Sent from a cell tower.

xcaliburinhand

Jul 31, 2010
Alright so I have a Jig and im ready to go.

Do we flash back to stock first?

Then the JVB **WITH BOOTLOADERS???***

Let it boot up.

Then Flash this kernel?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: One more thing I have been looking for a while what is the dangers really with flashing the Gingerbread Bootloaders? Is it something that cannot be fixed even with a Jig? Or if something wrong were to happen a Jig would work? Thanks and sorry for the noobness

EDIT 2: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011901 Which one should we flash XWJVB NEE? Or XWJVB XEE? Thanks!

Don't need to flash stock, but do a factory reset.

Only reason boot loaders are dangerous is a bad flash is a lot harder to recover from.

Sent from a cell tower.

Reactions: cckidquick

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
xcal man freaking thumbs up on this one. As always, You da man! And i was wondering, am i just not seeing this right, or did you link to the GIT for the Froyo reorient source??

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
Don't need to flash stock, but do a factory reset.

Only reason boot loaders are dangerous is a bad flash is a lot harder to recover from.

Sent from a cell tower.

Alright thanks, but a bad flash can ultimately be recovered by a jig im assuming? And there is two options on the website which did you flash? With pit and repartition? Or without PIT and without Repartition?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

xcaliburinhand

Jul 31, 2010
xcal man freaking thumbs up on this one. As always, You da man! And i was wondering, am i just not seeing this right, or did you link to the GIT for the Froyo reorient source??

Good catch, I updated the link to point to the correct repo. I should have paid more attention when copying the post.

Sent from a cell tower.

Reactions: HaiKaiDo

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
Since ive never personally seen a case of someone bricking their phone due to a bad bootloader flash, is a jig rendered useless in such a situation(I have an awesome homemade jig that i soldered up and put in a plastic tiny case that i would like to continue to be able to use for any situation hah)? and once i flash a gingerbread bootloader, theres no problem reflashing back to 2.2.1 or 2.2 with odin correct?

EDIT:Also hows it goin out there guys? really curious to hear some feedback.

modest_mandroid

May 23, 2010
xcal, just flashed your kernel with the 2.2 sbl, works fine. Doesn't look like the new one is necessary.

Edit: scratch that, I think you need the new sbl to be able to boot into recovery.

Last edited:

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
Since ive never personally seen a case of someone bricking their phone due to a bad bootloader flash, is a jig rendered useless in such a situation(I have an awesome homemade jig that i soldered up and put in a plastic tiny case that i would like to continue to be able to use for any situation hah)? and once i flash a gingerbread bootloader, theres no problem reflashing back to 2.2.1 or 2.2 with odin correct?

I would also like to know this? Is a bad flash with bootloaders recoverable with a good jig still? And flashing back should be no problem correct?

Thanks again.

And did any one who has flashed this flash this WITH PIT and Repartition or WITHOUT PIT and Repartition??

ls377

Sep 11, 2010

It's hard, but it is possible to hard brick while flashing a bootloader (trust me, I've done it before). If Odin crashes or you disconnect at just the right time, you're toast. The chances are one in a million if you're careful enough.

IamSonoma

Mar 9, 2009

I have run JV1 and always have been able to go back to stock via a homemade jig. Just glad now to have a better method of handling rotation and buttons with out doing the 3 tricks. Edit key file, smart rotate app and head set app.

This has been my experience. Not sure if anyone elses.

Last edited:

modest_mandroid

May 23, 2010
I would also like to know this? Is a bad flash with bootloaders recoverable with a good jig still? And flashing back should be no problem correct?

If you botch it while flashing sbl, a jig won't do you any good. Your only option will be flashing a new sbl by removing the motherboard and flashing via JTAG, or mailing it to Samsung.

pparavas

Aug 3, 2010
Dallas
Could some one please post the steps to use a decent JVB rom, i'm confused and don wanna brick my second cappy .... pls... thanks in advance...

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
install instructions are here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1011901
same place you get the files. best instructions ever typed.
read!

so the cwm zips are there for if the recovery gets fixed? or?.. what is wrong with the recovery? didn't get an answer... is it 4e? or doesnt work on cappy? or?...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts