D.I.R.T y MAC Kernel
HUGE thanks to Agrabren and Evervolv
What is a kernel?
In computing, the kernel is the main component of most computer operating systems; it is a bridge between applications and the actual data processing done at the hardware level. The kernel's responsibilities include managing the system's resources (the communication between hardware and software components).
* Your warranty is now likely void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
* which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
• Patched up to Linux 3.0.74
• Linaro -O3 optimized also with funroll-loops
• Linaro Topology drivers
• CK1 patchset
• Snapdragon and Linaro compiler optimizations
• Optimized CRC32 algorithm
• Updated zcache and zram
• Google snappy zram compression /decompression - default
• Updated LZO zram compression / decompression
• USB Fast Charge v3.1
• Sweep2Wake with user sysfs - YOU pick start and end points!
• Set default speeds - min @ 192MHz - max @ 1512GHz
• CPU OC up to 1.7GHz
• CPU uV - 700000 - 1450000
• L2 Cache OC up to 1602MHz
• CPU supported unaligned access
• Ziggy's Vdd table interface
• GPU OC 2D @ 266 MHz 3D @ 320MHz with MHzx8 bandwidth
• Glitch free GPU frequency changing
• SLQB Memory Allocator - default
• SLUB optimizations
• Kernel based mpdecision with advanced screen off profile
• Kernel based thermal managment with 3 phase throttling sysfs
• vfp neon optimization
• aosp WiFi - bcmdhd
• WiFi = FAST
• Dynamic fsync v1.1
• Disable GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS
• Lower vfs cache pressure and made configurable
• Lower display panel voltages with fix from Anryl
• Lowmemkiller and fugeswap
• Lower camera flash to 5%
• USB OTG
• USB headset detection
• Enable dynamic LED brightness
• AC charging for unknown chargers
• Prevent aliased request from starving I/O
• Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
• Use glibc version of lib: script
• Use glibc version of lib: memcopy
• Use git implementation of SHA-1
• Optimized AES and SHA1 routines
• Generic xchg-based implementation for ARMv6+
• Increase min /max readahead buffers
• CPU power driver
• Adjust ramdisk address to allow larger zImage - zImage currently booting at 5.1mb
• Smartass v2 w/sysfs
• LagFree w/sysfs
• BadAss with 2 phase and GPU control
• Deadline - Tweaked for better performance on android
• Simple (SIO) - Tweaked for better performance on android
• BFQ v6 - Tweaked to perform better on flash devices
• MUST be S-OFF
• Boot to recovery
• Wipe cache
• Flash kernel
AOSP - v4.1.2
• Move msm-buspm-dev.ko and kineto_gen.ko back to kernel.
- For the inspiration to make something as good as Baked Snacks.
- For all the QUALITY bases, probably wouldnt have this here today without him!
- For the high quality rom I use for testing and for help along the way.
- For providing us with all the extra tweaks and latest linux patches.
- For kernel based thermal management
- For making astounding roms.
- For making some really nice graphics for my thread
• Team D.I.R.T.
- For being awesome and inviting me into the crew. Also for the base to this.
• Chad G
- For porting sweep2wake to atmel touchscreens, GPU OC.
- For making an amazing mod, USB Fast Charge.
- For sweep2wake, badass governor, kernel based mpdecision and just being a badass when it comes to android kernels!
- For all the stuff I used from his kernels.
- Also for some stuff I used from his kernel.
- For keeping us updated with USB Fast Charge.