[Android 2.2+] HushSMS v2.7.2 [31.07.2014]

Search This thread

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
How about releasing a version under a different name for rooted custom ROMs containing the changes required to run all sending options? Would be cool!

OK, I took the time yesterday evening and build such a version. I have tested it on my Galaxy Tab with CM10 and it works just fine. All message options are available and all can be sent. I will think about how to integrate a fair licensing so that maybe users who bought the original version can additionally use the ROOT version for custom ROMs.

I'll keep this thread updated and as soon as I have something published I'll write it here.

Cheers

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
HushSMS ROOT is ready to be tested!

I'm looking for a Beta Tester for the ROOT Version of HushSMS.

Requirements:

- Rooted Device
- Custom ICS or JB ROM (Stock wont work!)
- Already purchased HushSMS from the Play Store and have it installed

What you will get (if everythings right):

- The first one with a fully working version of HushSMS even if you don't have sendRawPdu API Method implemented

Instructions:

- You will get a File or Link where you can download the App
- Copy it to your PC/MAC
- Connect your phone via USB
- Open a console and change to the dir where you saved the file
- Type "adb root" (without the quotes of course)
- Then type "adb remount"
- Then type "adb push HushSMS-ROOT.apk /system/app/"

After that you should be able to start the app right from your drawer. If you can't see it just reboot your device

Cheers,

Michael

Reactions: SecUpwN

tunppi

Feb 6, 2008
me me me! :D

I have hushsms from market and HTC sensation with ICS 4.0.4 and HTC One with 4.1.2 both rooted ofc.

I love this software, been using since windows mobile times and it's great you ported it to android!

Kurupt1

Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles
I can test as well! Purchased from the market already!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Thank you for your kind offer to participate. There is currently an unresolved issue where the message types that can be sent currently with the regular play store version cannot be sent with the root version. However the message types like class0 and type0 can be sent.

I will come back to you guys for testing as soon as this issue is resolved.

Cheers

SecUpwN

Jun 12, 2012
DEUTSCHLAND!
secupwn.github.io
Thank you for your kind offer to participate. There is currently an unresolved issue where the message types that can be sent currently with the regular play store version cannot be sent with the root version. However the message types like class0 and type0 can be sent.
Were you able to fix it? What's the future plan for HushSMS? Two versions (one with ROOT to utilize all message types)? Or just one universal app?

Don't forget your fans! :)

Reactions: Kurupt1

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Were you able to fix it? What's the future plan for HushSMS? Two versions (one with ROOT to utilize all message types)? Or just one universal app?

Don't forget your fans! :)

Hi SecUpwN,

Unfortunately I didn't had a chance to try bcause of my current workload. The plan is to fix this somehow so users of HushSMS with cyanogenmod will be able to use the full featureset of HushSMS. The current and regular version will stay as it is. All version will be enhanced with new message types over time.
In addition I am trying to patch the android framework during runtime to implement the missing API method in any ROM. If I get this running somehow I will post a guide here so anyone can try to accomplish the same on his own device so he can use the regular market version of HushSMS on any existing device.

I will never forget my fans (and customers btw). I am still and will always stay commited to my apps and try to push them to the max (...as my free time allows it :) )

Cheers,

Michael

Reactions: SecUpwN

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Thanks for your heads up, but will AOKP ever be supported? Currently using the one from helicopter88..

In theory you should be able to make it compatible yourself. HushSMS ROOT Edition is signed with the ROM signing keys from CM. So you have to get the signing keys for the ROM you use. Then you need to unsign the HushSMS-ROOT.apk file and resign it with the key from your ROM. Then install as mentioned and everything should be fine.

Let me know how it comes out!

SecUpwN

Jun 12, 2012
DEUTSCHLAND!
secupwn.github.io
In theory you should be able to make it compatible yourself. HushSMS ROOT Edition is signed with the ROM signing keys from CM. So you have to get the signing keys for the ROM you use. Then you need to unsign the HushSMS-ROOT.apk file and resign it with the key from your ROM. Then install as mentioned and everything should be fine.
In theory. Practically, I use this AOKP by helicopter88 and lack a computer. Would you be able to compile a version working with this system? Please? :)

Kurupt1

Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles
The keys are the same so it should work for AOKP by default without any modification.

Let me know if it works or not please.

I have the app purchased from the play store and the hush SMS root package as a system app. I don't get any root prompt? I have the options for class 0 and ping but neither of the messages seem to be working.

Edit: class 0 displays my number on the receiving phone, and MWI voice messaging does not work either.

Thanks for your hard work

Sprint gs3 cm10.1

Last edited:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
I have the app purchased from the play store and the hush SMS root package as a system app. I don't get any root prompt? I have the options for class 0 and ping but neither of the messages seem to be working.

Edit: class 0 displays my number on the receiving phone, and MWI voice messaging does not work either.

Thanks for your hard work

Sprint gs3 cm10.1

Hi Kurup1,

thank you for reporting back. The class0 (Flash SMS) is not meant to be stealthy. On some phones like an iPhone for example (at least when I checked last time with iOS 5.x) the sender number is not visible. Other phones like Android will in general show the number and sometimes also let the receipient choose to store the message.

Regarding the MWI: what's the target phone type?

Does the silent ping work as expected?

Cheers,
Michael

Kurupt1

Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles
The target phone is an iPhone 4s on sprint. The silent ping function says the message is sent but gives me no response.

The app never asked for root, is that part of the problem?

Best

Last edited:

c0rnholio

Sep 6, 2005
in the basement...
Hi,

OK, as Sprint is a CDMA carrier the silent ping can't work since it's a GSM standard thing. The same is for the MWIs. No chance from GSM to CDMA.
The app wont request root. The naming might be a bit confusing. It is running as a system app thus root is required to get it installed.

Since it is not working for you as expected I offer you a refund. Please send me your order number as PM.

Cheers and sorry for the inconvinience,

Michael

Reactions: Kurupt1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks,

HushSMS is an App that allows you to send messages that regularly only providers are able to send (among others).

Additionally HushSMS includes an alerting feature which shows detailed info if you receive some special SMS messages (like the ones HushSMS is able to send). On some devices like the Nexus 5 (only verified on the official 4.4.4 KitKat ROM) you are even able to be notified if someone is trying to track you via Type0 SMS messages (some government agencies usually use these message in conjunction with your provider to locate you).

Full description is available here.

For full functionality you need a rooted device with the Xposed Framework installed as HushSMS makes heavy use of Xposed functions.

If you own a HTC device with an official Sense ROM you are not required to use Xposed, but I recommend you do.

Buy it and if it does not work you just drop me a line within 1 day after purchase and I will refund!

UPDATE: 31.07.2014: Version 2.7.2 is out
    - UI changes
    - Added notification sound for Alert Messages
    - Changed some functions so that users with a HTC device with Sense UI ROM can now also use the Xposed Module (not required though)
    - Removed the annoying “allyourmessages…” message from the inbox when using Xposed (now only shows “HushSMS message sent”)

UPDATE: 30.07.2014: Version 2.7.1 is out
    - Set the fields for Number and Message as variable instead static in the Tasker plugin. This should give you some more flexibility when using HushSMS with Tasker.
    - Fixed a bug in the “Alert Feature” where alert where not shown under some circumstances

UPDATE: 25.07.2014: Version 2.7 is out
    It fixes a bug where CM11 build after 31.06.2014 where not compatible. Working fine on the latest CM11 now.
    Also this is a "reunion build", which means that the Xposed Module is now integrated again. So you don't have to install a separate Xposed Helper Module. Pleas make sure uninstalling/disabling the old Xposed Helper Module prior to using v2.7.

UPDATE: 07.07.2014: Version 2.6.1 is out
    It now contains a feature that alerts you when special SMS are coming in (like the ones you can send with HushSMS itself).
    Additionally several smaller bugs where eliminated.
    Also HushSMS now has an update checker built in. Just see in the settings or use the context menu.

hushsms-alert-screen.png

UPDATE: 04.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out and you can buy it via PayPal
    Just visit the below link and you can buy it via PayPal
    https://www.silentservices.de/products/android-hushsms/

Existing customers that purchased HushSMS from the Goole Play Store will receive the update of course free of charge. Just write an emal to licensing_at_silentservices.de with you Play Store Order Number and I will send you the APK.
    I will add an update mechanism as well as a licensing system in the next weeks.

UPDATE2: 03.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out. Unfortunately you currently cannot purchase it

After Google dropped HushSMS now also AndroidPit dropped it from their market. They didn't even notify me.
    I will try to find a way to get it up somewhere else.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

UPDATE: 03.12.2013: Version 2.5.2 is out. Unfortunately only at AndroidPit

Today Google decided to banish HushSMS from the Play Store due to "policy violations". They called it a dangerous app and stated some other points. HushSMS does nothing else then sending messages defined in the 3GPP Specification 23.040 (and other official specifications).
    Anyway, the current version 2.5.2 is available on AndroidPit only currently. In addition the Xposed Module has been updated to version 1.7.3 (backward compatible to the last official Play Store Version)

UPDATE: 01.10.2013: Version 2.1.8 is out.

- Changed they way class0 messages are sent because on some devices they did not work
    - There is now a Xposed module available here: https://silentservices.de/HushSMSExposedHelper.apk
    - The Xposed module will enable any rooted device (root because of the Xposed Framework) to send class0, type0 (stealth ping) and MWI messages even with a stock ROM and without the need for the sendRawPdu method to be present

UPDATE: 09.09.2013: Version 2.0.2 is out.

- Added Unicode support for Class0 Message. Now Unicode characters like Chinese or Russian letters are supported. (user request)
    - Added option to choose between DCS or UDH method for MWI Messages (user request)
    - Fixed a bug in MMS notification. It's now fully working again. This message is anonymous. Be aware that iPhones can not display MMS Notifications
    - Added option to choose the URI prefix for WAP Push SI and SL messages. Some operator force to http if no standard prefix is chosen

There is also a root version out. You'll find it here including installation instructions: http://www.silentservices.de/android-hushsms-root-edition-released/

HushSMS is available via Google Play Store AND AndroidPIT.

Comments, thoughts, wishes and rants are all welcome.

Cheers,

Michael
    Main Screenshot

Here's a screenshot of the main page:
    HushSMS-1.6-Main-supported.png
    Hello,
    I'm using Android 9 and EdXposed and can't send Class 0 message. Do you know how can I make it to work?

Yes happend to me. Just download the original Xposed installer apk. I think hushsms is trying to search for the app "Xposed installer" just install the app and don't worry if it says that you have not installed the module.

Make sure you have enable hushsms on Edxposed.
    But the feature phones support it. Why not annotate it appropriately in the description text? Many other functions do not work as well in HushSMS for everybody. Optional features are never wrong in my opinion. But it's your decision...

Edit: Looks like Androidpit removed it as well... It get error 410 (removed).

Yes, sadly AndroidPit also dropped it.

Your arguments have convinced me. I will add support for all indicators. Thank you for the input!
    @c0rnholio, did you pull it from the PlayStore? Can't seem to find the app any longer..

No I didn't. HushSMS has just been removed by Google from the Play Store because they call it dangereous.

@ all: Folks, I will try to find a way to publish it again. I strongly not recommend any cracked version. HushSMS is a program that sends SMS and thus generates costs. If you use a cracked version you can seriously loose money as the cracking may have changed code that is responsible for protecting you from such.