Need Help Bootloop on LG G7

Search This thread

zzman31

Sep 13, 2016
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hello, I have the LG G7 thinq. The Device is on Bootloop but I don’t know why!! It starts again and again. It comes to the Red LG Logo and than It boots again. Please Help

stormeye25

Apr 27, 2013
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Hello, I have this problem well. It started 8 hours ago. I was using it normally, no root or anything. And suddenly when I take it out of the pocket, it just keeps restarting.

I'd like to recover all my data before hard reset. Any help please?

Couldn't even turn it off, I had to wait until battery died.

Last edited:

cawagner

Dec 1, 2018
Hello, same problem here. 2 hours ago I received a WhatsApp message and suddenly it restarts again and again.

QQboss

Me too! But after two factory restarts I found the problem I guess.

For me, it occured twice when I started Airplane mode and after that everything went to...

Now I am affraid to start airplane mode again :(
What ROM and version are you guys??

V10f-EUR-XX

cawagner

Dec 1, 2018
My version is V10k-EUR-XX.

After 2 factory resets it looks like my SIM card is the problem.
Without card the phone starts... But in my old LG G6 the SIM card works well. :confused:

QQboss

I tried it with and without SIM as well, but it behaved the same. Sometimes I got into the system, but it just got stuck right away and bootlooped again.

But weird, because for me its airplane mode, which disables/enables celular, so SIM again.

I got T-Mobile, you?

Siley

Oct 1, 2012
I have same problem and i dont know what to do. Problem start about 5 hours ago (what i know last working time was 2:00AM CET). Itself reboot in boot screen or immediately on screen lock after start. I did factory reset, it work for few minutes and again. Version G710EM DEC (germany open market) last FW

Last edited:

nissenl

Dec 1, 2018
Exact same problem on my G7 Thinq. Started about 8 hours ago. Boot loop, managed to get it in factory reset mode. Did nothing. Managed to reset it again (without the SIM in) then it booted. After reset it does not recognize (any) SIM. Called Tmobile to ask some questions about repair-process, they told me I was the 3th today with this problem. At this point I wish I wrote down my Google's 2FA recover keys :'). Can't access anything at the moment.

nandika6

Nov 14, 2014
Same bootloop here, g7 thinq bought in Hungary Unlocked, but it downloaded the local t-mobile branding.

It was untouched on charger. When I wanted to pick it up it was already bootlooping and hot.
Put it into freezer, it booted, wallpaper lockscreen arrived, but nothing more.. it was stuck and started bootlooping again after like 30 secs.

Any info / resolution you have?

QQboss

Okay so it happened again for me with not changing airplane mode or anything. Now I will try without SIM card. I will try to get into touch with our corporate t-mobile associate... Can we pinpoint if its t-mob (SIM) or something to do with LG?

DefianceBG

Dec 1, 2018
Same here, G7 bought through TMobile Netherlands. I had turned it on airplane mode before going to bed, and when I tried to put airplane mode off it got stuck.

I'm waiting for the battery to die so I can try to wipe the cache...

Siley

Oct 1, 2012
Flash back to V10F did not help. More accurately until I insert sim (T-mobile) it looks like it works, after inserting sim freezes and resumes bootloop

orandajin

Apr 20, 2008
Tilburg
Okay, out of the blue when in my pocket I noticed my phone was very hot and appeared, also without warning, stuck in a boot loop. Also on T-mobile...I had no problems before.

***Edit*** For the record I run a stock phone/firmware that I have never tempered with...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not much longer till 5th of December :D

I posted a solution where you can flash another country firmware, which should fix the bootloop issue and get your phone working again since it is only being bootlooped by a faulty update, see:
    https://highonandroid.com/android-h...y-lg-bootloop-flash-another-country-firmware/
    An update from a Youtube post (I can't read Dutch):

https://www.droidapp.nl/nieuws/lg-g7-problemen-t-mobile/
    English: Of course it's very annoying that these problems have arisen. We've given the highest priority finding the cause and the solution. On Saturday morning LG has been informed of these problems with the LG G7 ThinQ and we immediately started an investigation. Today, too, we are working in Korea and Europe researching this problem to find a solution. Unfortunately, at this time we are not yet able to indicate when a solution can be provided , "says Jeroen Peeters, Manager Engineering at LG Electronics Benelux.
    Yes, I know... But can we all have defective SIM card reader or something? I don't think so.... It is probably a software problem made by T-Mobile's bad coding for LG G7 compatibility which caused 1000s of bootloops here in Europe... I think this is software, other carriers work normally and only T-Mobile and T-Mobile based networks cause bootloops... I mean, it all worked before that bug... As you can see, all bootloops started in 5-6 hours range and it is not possible that everyone's SIM card reader stopped working at the same time... It can be T-Mobile or hackers, who knows? But I doubt it is hardware problem...
    Okee, T-mobile Netherlands finally gave a reaction inside their forums. They are supposedly waiting for an update from LG that can be installed by removing the simcard and give the device a factory reset. When you do'nt want to do that yourself, you can sent the device in for repair. I would'nt do that, they will take the same action you can take at home only you wil loose your device for several weeks.

I think it's really disturbing that a moderator chooses to give a reaction on a forum after more than 24 hours. And T-mobile keeps blaming LG for this where it only happens to simcards that run over their own network. It's all a big f*** you to the customer.
    Okay so i practically performed that harakiri (factory reset). Now, will the sim **** up my galaxy s7 edge? Or is it safe to use it there?

Problem is on way G7-T-mobile , so s7 i safe to use