[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 11 for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (toroplus)

Search This thread

MonstaDriva

Aug 13, 2013
Is there something I am missing? I cannot get data... 3G, LTE, nothing...

Same here , I've installed twice , wiped and formatted everything . I had stock 4.3 loaded to try this . 3g hasn't passed a byte of data as of yet .I'm running GJ04 radio . Are we suppose to be on the 4.3 radio or suppose to flash a different one ? Can't comment on LTE as we don't have it here . Makes and receives calls , runs smooth but no 3G . It does turn on once in a while but that's it .

Last edited:

R2DeeTard

Aug 10, 2011
Fort Mitchell, KY
Same here , I've installed twice , wiped and formatted everything . I had stock 4.3 loaded to try this . 3g hasn't passed a byte of data as of yet .I'm running GJ04 radio . Are we suppose to be on the 4.3 radio or suppose to flash a different one ? Can't comment on LTE as we don't have it here . Makes and receives calls , runs smooth but no 3G . It does turn on once in a while but that's it .

Same with me. Just did a clean flash today and i couldn't get 3g outside my house. I did notice that on the way to school it picked up on a 3g and 4g signal, but when i go on wifi and then go back to cdma or lte signals, it takes forever to pick one up. i am also on the GJ04 radio.

lambofgod13

Jan 23, 2011
michigan, detroit
The trick to getting data to turn on is turn lte on in settings then reboot then turn on data it'll pick up right away. You'll have to do this usually every time you turn it off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Ep3n3wp

Aug 8, 2010
Newport beach
Im running 11-25 clean install and when I left the house I had no data(3G) for like 15 minutes and then it connected to LTE...
The whole time I was out and about o never got 3G..... And lost data a few times till I got back on LTE....
What's easy way to get logcats?

I can get one in a bit...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

something15525

Dec 12, 2010
Im running 11-25 clean install and when I left the house I had no data(3G) for like 15 minutes and then it connected to LTE...
The whole time I was out and about o never got 3G..... And lost data a few times till I got back on LTE....
What's easy way to get logcats?

I can get one in a bit...

adb logcat -b radio

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tonso

Jun 8, 2012
Sleep of Death like symptoms with Wifi and Google Text-to-Speech errors

Yesterday it happened to me twice, phone became unresponsive and the display wouldn't' turn back on (had to pull battery). Both times I had been connected to Wifi. Since turning Wifi off, I've haven't had any issues.

Another issue I was having yesterday was when using Maps I would get the error, "Google Text-to-Speech Engine has stopped". The message would display twice, however Maps would still work. I noticed with GPS though the only directions the voice would speak were very vague ( like turn right, left, stay straight...it wouldn't mention any street names). I ended up Disabling the Google Text to Speech and then selected PICO and all is well now...no more errors(although now the voice is more robotic in sound--but I can deal with that!)

Been running this Rom for close to a day now and can say it's super smooth/stable and I'm here to stay, no other Roms for me.

PlayfulGod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Yesterday it happened to me twice, phone became unresponsive and the display wouldn't' turn back on (had to pull battery). Both times I had been connected to Wifi. Since turning Wifi off, I've haven't had any issues.

Another issue I was having yesterday was when using Maps I would get the error, "Google Text-to-Speech Engine has stopped". The message would display twice, however Maps would still work. I noticed with GPS though the only directions the voice would speak were very vague ( like turn right, left, stay straight...it wouldn't mention any street names). I ended up Disabling the Google Text to Speech and then selected PICO and all is well now...no more errors(although now the voice is more robotic in sound--but I can deal with that!)

Been running this Rom for close to a day now and can say it's super smooth/stable and I'm here to stay, no other Roms for me.

weird, mine has practically been on wifi the whole time I been working on this.

duffkitty

Mar 13, 2010
Pomona
Just thought I would share this in this section as well. I am mainly building for maguro as thats what I have. But I have done builds for toro & toroplus as well. And as I didnt see and CM11 builds posted in here I thought I'd at least share a link to my maguro thread which has download links for toro & toroplus.

If I have step on any toes I do apologize and if the powers to be rather this not be posted like this, please remove it as I understand if that is the case.

And now heres the link to the CM maguro thread for details etc. ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2525351

And linkage to the builds.

Builds for toroplus

Mirror

Recommended Gapps

Why does Goo hate me and now UPP is down.

Anyways the results here are amazing. Haven't tried 11-25 or newer yet but only have an occasional crash requiring a battery pull. I have a Bluetooth issue with my Soundbot stereo headset. I use them as headphones but in this and Slimkat I have horrible range. On 4.3 CM I can move the full 10 meter range and have no issues. In the 4.4 Roms (and occasional other ROM) I will drop connection after 5 feet. Occasionally while my phone is in my pocket.

This just sucks. I have to actually stop using my phone and let it charge. That's like an hour without podcasts and music.

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
Why does Goo hate me and now UPP is down.

Anyways the results here are amazing. Haven't tried 11-25 or newer yet but only have an occasional crash requiring a battery pull. I have a Bluetooth issue with my Soundbot stereo headset. I use them as headphones but in this and Slimkat I have horrible range. On 4.3 CM I can move the full 10 meter range and have no issues. In the 4.4 Roms (and occasional other ROM) I will drop connection after 5 feet. Occasionally while my phone is in my pocket.

This just sucks. I have to actually stop using my phone and let it charge. That's like an hour without podcasts and music.

I've added more mirrors to my main thread, just not got em over here yet. ;)

MonstaDriva

Aug 13, 2013
Could someone send me a radio logcat from when this behavior is occurring?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I live on the fringe with a very weak 3G signal at best . I can only activate or load google with the phone in a window . I'm always able to do carrier wipes and reactivate my devices with them in the window . To rule out it was a signal issue on my part even though the 3g icon does come on for a minute or two and turns orange but does go back off after a few minutes I drove to the base of a sprint tower last night about 4 miles from here . Full bars on signal and 3G does show up and turns orange . Stays on while the phone try's to activate but activation fails because it says no network . I had also tried a carrier wipe and it did retrieve the phone settings such as my phone number etc but could not browse or anything .With the carrier wipe of course my phone didn't even know its number anymore . At the tower it did regain the basic call info it needed but can't update the profile or prl because it doesn't communicate over the data stream . I've tried SlimKat 4.4 and this rom today and both have this identical issue . Everything looks good under phone status except mobile network shows disconnected even while showing 3G on and with a signal . Just now I went back to stock 4.2.1 and then let the phone update to 4.3 again . re rooted and let it activate in the window . Data is good and working on stock . The phone is all set up clean to go and try again but I'm going to attach my radio logcat and wait until you have a chance to look it over before I try again . The last portion of the logcat should show that the 3g icon was on and orange with me attempting to use data . Sorry if this is to much info but I just wanted to give a clear picture to go along with it . As I said before even when the 3g is on , under phone status it still shows mobile network in a disconnected state . Thanks for your efforts and hope this helps .

Attachments

• LogCat_Buffer_Radio_11-26-2013_08-26_sm.txt
    288.6 KB · Views: 6

Sik-1

Oct 28, 2009
Brooklyn
Found some stuff that aren't aligned correctly and some saying from DEC 31st

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385483379200.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385483379200.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 202
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385483395012.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385483395012.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 195
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385483420301.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385483420301.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 192
  • uploadfromtaptalk1385483437449.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385483437449.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 192

duffkitty

Mar 13, 2010
Pomona
I think Devhost is a bad link. AFH worked fine.

Dirty flashed 11-26 and my Bluetooth is fine now. I still get graphics glitches but I think you said a clean flash is required. Too lazy to do that now... Maybe on the holiday.

Reactions: tommy1121

PlayfulGod

Sep 28, 2010
Dalton
I think Devhost is a bad link. AFH worked fine.

Dirty flashed 11-26 and my Bluetooth is fine now. I still get graphics glitches but I think you said a clean flash is required. Too lazy to do that now... Maybe on the holiday.

wasnt bad per say just wrong directory lol. All fixed now.

Reactions: duffkitty

lambofgod13

Jan 23, 2011
michigan, detroit
Every thing was good on 11-23 i corn flashed 11-25 and keep having to pull battery cause screen went black and became unresponsive. Still having graphic glitch. And data issues. I love this rom can't wait till it's running 100% thanks for your hard work playfulgod. :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tommy1121

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just thought I would share this in this section as well. I am mainly building for maguro as thats what I have. But I have done builds for toro & toroplus as well. And as I didnt see and CM11 builds posted in here I thought I'd at least share a link to my maguro thread which has download links for toro & toroplus.

If I have step on any toes I do apologize and if the powers to be rather this not be posted like this, please remove it as I understand if that is the case.

And now heres the link to the CM maguro thread for details etc. ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2525351

Latest CWM or TWRP recovery required.

Whats Not Working??

• graphic glitch (during screenshot animation, taken image is fine though!!!)
    • Some apps not jiving with kitkat

Changelog

• Initial Build

• resynced with cm repos
    • added torch back
    • merged SlimRoms device tuna with CMs

• Using all CM Repos
    • sync's with CM Repos
    • Gmail/G Search FC's fixed

• Synced with CM repos

• Synced with CM repos
    • cherry-picked gpu: Refactor GpuMemoryBuffer framework for multi-process support from gerrit. Fixes webview glitches.

• Synced with CM Repos
    • Quick Launch & Tiles merged (CM)
    • Various other backend changes merged (CM)

• Sync with CM Repos
    • The Return of Cid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Synced with CM Repos
    • Cherry-picked pending merges for CMWallpapers
    • Cherry-picked pending merges for Dialer... yes 4.4 icons. ;)

• Synced with CM Repos
    • Cherry-picked fixes for rotation glitch
    • Enabled modules in the kernel (was only missing one of the 3 settings)

• Sync'd with CM Repos

• Synced with CM Repos.
    • applied patch to fix screenrecord (submitted to gerrit also).
    • applied another flag for the gfx glitches, hopefully improves the lag some experience.
    • Toroplus Only - applied Sprint test APNs to fix data issues (also submitted to gerrit).

• Synced with CM Repos
    • Battery mods, Power Menu, & Extended Desktop merged (CM)

And linkage to the builds.

Builds for toroplus

Mirrors

Gapps
    New build up, 1125, has rotation glitch fixes and modules enabled in the kernel. ;)
    If you are running the OFFICIAL nightlies and want me to see your issues, please post in the official thread instead of this one. Thanks!
    Newest twrp 2.6.3.2

http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/toroplus/openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.2-toroplus.img

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    flashing this rom made my wife leave me, dont make teh same mistakes i did guys.