[Q] su binary outdated??

Search This thread

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
ok so as the title says.... when i boot my phone up it says SU binary outdated, tap here to update.... so i tap and i get a fail...

Downloading manifest... fail!

Tyra Misoux

Jan 23, 2011
Αμαλιάδα
also ran into this issue today. Whats the solution? Just wait until things become fixed?
Well, I know this is HTC section but It think this does not matter....
(Nexus-S, CM7, matr1x kernel)

qianyong1010

Apr 21, 2008
same issue occurred on my nexus one with CM7.0 latest nightly ROM. trying to tap updating fail...... seeking for resolution to settle this issue....

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
i forget what i did exactly, but try replacing 'su' and 'superuser.apk' with a newer one..., make sure your updater/update-script is installing su properly :D

nazo0

Aug 11, 2010
staples center, LA!
my friends droid X is doing it too..anyone know whatsup w/ it?

im thinking of uninstalling su and downloading it again off the market....yay or nay?

BeenAndroidized

Mar 14, 2011
Got that last week. :confused: I hate the new superuser. Didn't work the same as the last version. :( Oh well, I'll just have to deal with it. BOO HOO HOO!

chaybag

Oct 29, 2009
su binary outdated -nexus s

same thing happened to me. I got a notification saying su binary outdated click here to update. I clicked it and it failed to connect. so I just kept clicking retry again and again it worked after about 5 tries.

texaslittleangel

Nov 6, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I tried updating and I get the following message

"cannot update the su binary on phones that have some kind of write proteccion on the system partition like S-on"

Then I installed and ran the "fix" and when trying to fix, it force closes.

I have now deactivated the outdated su binary warning window from popping up but I am still wondering how to fix the problem.

cheers