[TOOL] HTC MyTouch 4G Slide All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 [6-9-2012][Noob-Proof]

Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

• Yes

Votes: 122 96.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Post 1 - Information
Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the MT4GS. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. The GUI interface looks like crap right now GUI is improved starting from v2.0 but I just wanted to share it. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
- Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
- Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
- Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
- Install Recoveries
  • CWM 5.5.0.4
  • User Provided Recoveries
-Flash Kernels provided
  • User Provided Kernels
- Link to this thread
- Link to the FAQ thread
- Link to the MT4GS Development thread.
- Boot Into Recovery
- Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
- Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

23r47m1.png

How To Use

Just run the "MT4GS V2.0" DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER

Credits
- The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
- Mods who helped this forum!
- Developers made ROMs for everyone to use!
- Devs who made the kernels!
- The community for being awesome!
- HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
- To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​

Last edited:

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
V1.0 Released! 3-5-2012
- Initial Release

V2.0 Released! 6-9-2012
- New UI. A lot better and cleaner!
- Removed all Recoveries
- Removed all the kernels (Users flash things they have no clue about and soft brick their phones)
- Updated CWM to 5.5.0.4
- Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
- Removed the debloaters
- Fixed Root. Now it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Bugs
- Directory has to have one word.
Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
- Kernels
- More recoveries
- Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.

Last edited:

j.books

Sep 29, 2009
new york city
This received 28 downloads. Can I get some feedback?

I see from your other threads that your tools seem to be well done. not sure why you haven't gotten any response here.

I installed it just to check it out, even though I don't need it at the moment. I suspect many others don't really have occasion to use it either. for example, I'm already running pyr-o-ice (ICS ROM), so I don't need the root tools or the kernals you provide.

it would be useful to noobs, except they need step by step guides and definitions otherwise they don;t know what's going on. so it's kind of like you've developed a tool that only experienced users would know how harness, but don't really need to.

also, I would say that your intro to your threads where you make it seemed like you just learned how to do this (even if true) is not the most comforting thing to read when one is considering actions that can potentially damage your phone.

the only thing I tried was Debloater tool, but it didn't work on my PC. could be an issue with my own pc command prompt though. I usually use a mac but I'm at work using a pc that I'm not that familiar with.

my advice would be to make stuff clear enough for noobish types to understand. for example you don't even say that this runs on a pc. you're going to even have to explain extracting the rar. and especially, what the point of the toolkit is and what it does.

I actually have no idea why I took the time to write this, but I'm not trying to be harsh. its good work. keep it up and keep improving.

BiggJurk

Dec 15, 2008
As the previous poster said I am on ICS so i have not tried this as I don't have a need for it now but i do have some comments that may or may not be relevant.

I came to the MT4GS from the Touch pro 2 on AT&T running Windows Mobile. Windows Mobile had a tool called Sashimi which after a fresh flash you could run and it would install backed up programs, data, create folders, import files etc. It was an excellent seamless way to restore the phone after flash. I know there are ways to do all that with Android but nothing is all inclusive. A script which could create directories, move files, restore; apps, desktop, account info, default settings all from running one command would be awesome. I don't know how possible or impossible this is but just a thought.

Regards,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-windows-mobile-discussions/101422-guide-murduckys-guide-auto-user-customization-sashimi.html

Reactions: hasoon2000

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I see from your other threads that your tools seem to be well done. not sure why you haven't gotten any response here.

I installed it just to check it out, even though I don't need it at the moment. I suspect many others don't really have occasion to use it either. for example, I'm already running pyr-o-ice (ICS ROM), so I don't need the root tools or the kernals you provide.

it would be useful to noobs, except they need step by step guides and definitions otherwise they don;t know what's going on. so it's kind of like you've developed a tool that only experienced users would know how harness, but don't really need to.

also, I would say that your intro to your threads where you make it seemed like you just learned how to do this (even if true) is not the most comforting thing to read when one is considering actions that can potentially damage your phone.

the only thing I tried was Debloater tool, but it didn't work on my PC. could be an issue with my own pc command prompt though. I usually use a mac but I'm at work using a pc that I'm not that familiar with.

my advice would be to make stuff clear enough for noobish types to understand. for example you don't even say that this runs on a pc. you're going to even have to explain extracting the rar. and especially, what the point of the toolkit is and what it does.

I actually have no idea why I took the time to write this, but I'm not trying to be harsh. its good work. keep it up and keep improving.

This is the perfect feedback I am looking for. Criticism helps me know what to do and how to make it better.

The coding part in my intro was to make the design of the program and to have the button do what it is supposed to do when pressed. All the files are 100% accurate.

I will add more detail. Thanks.

As the previous poster said I am on ICS so i have not tried this as I don't have a need for it now but i do have some comments that may or may not be relevant.

I came to the MT4GS from the Touch pro 2 on AT&T running Windows Mobile. Windows Mobile had a tool called Sashimi which after a fresh flash you could run and it would install backed up programs, data, create folders, import files etc. It was an excellent seamless way to restore the phone after flash. I know there are ways to do all that with Android but nothing is all inclusive. A script which could create directories, move files, restore; apps, desktop, account info, default settings all from running one command would be awesome. I don't know how possible or impossible this is but just a thought.

Regards,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-wi...n-sashimi.html

I'd have to look into that. I don't believe it's easy. I can take an adb command to do a batch install of .apk files. For everything else, I'd have to look more into it. Thanks!

Last edited:

NewKlNGjames

Feb 11, 2009
Bend, OR
I am trying to unlock a mt4gs that was recently updated. I have signed up at HTC but when I run the program I don't get an unlock code. All I get is an error. I thought that I read that if I have an older mt4gs that I may have to update it first, but I can find what I need to update it to. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I am trying to unlock a mt4gs that was recently updated. I have signed up at HTC but when I run the program I don't get an unlock code. All I get is an error. I thought that I read that if I have an older mt4gs that I may have to update it first, but I can find what I need to update it to. Any help would be appreciated thanks

I saw that a non T-Mobile MT4GS needs an hboot update. If yours is a T-Mobile model, you may have copied the token ID incorrectly.

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle

If you have an older MT4GS check which version of hboot you are on. From powered off state and fastboot off hold volume down and the power button. If the Hboot hersion ends in 007 use the Revolutionary method and stay away from the HTC Dev method. You will be MUCH better off if you do. Don't update software until you check your hboot.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement.

SpaceSpeed

May 12, 2011
Places Unknown
Hasoon,

First of all, thank you for adding to the community and especially for developing an inclusive tool for newbies. I would like to add a few comments that may or may not be helpful to you:

ygy95.png

1. I'm concerned about the inclusion of the OC / UV kernals as a 'no big deal' option. I think users, especially those new to flashing ROMs need to be aware that:
- they are voiding their warranty by modifying their device (obviously this applies to flashing ROMs in general, not just kernals)
- that they can brick their device permanently (however unlikely)
- and that only certain kernals will work with specific ROMs and versions of ROMs

If including OC / UV kernals, I think a big "This is for advanced users, only flash a new kernal if you know what you're doing..." warning would be justified. This is especially true since we don't know what software version the user is coming to this program with (e.g. what if they bought the phone used and it has a custom ROM or new and it has received the OTA update)?

2. You should probably note that this is a Windows only app. May seem obvious, but this is a broad community. Has the software been tested in other versions of Windows beyond Win7? The three most popular versions of Windows are still Windows 7, Windows XP, and Vista - in that order. VMware might be helpful for your testing, though if I recall the virtualized OS also used virtual ports for connections, which might cause testing issues. Its probably easier just to ask for feedback from users of other versions of Windows in the thread.

3. You might want to mention that the download is a RAR file. Specifically, that an archive program will be required to extract the files, such as:
- Winrar
- WinZip
- 7zip

That said, these are relatively minor critiques, and I think you've put together something useful and valuable - so thank you for your time and for being open to suggestions.

Last edited:

NewKlNGjames

Feb 11, 2009
Bend, OR
That's where I get the error. The screen comes up and my phone goes into fast boot, but it never gives me a token. Just says error. I have tried it with USB debugging on and off

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Hasoon,

First of all, thank you for adding to the community and especially for developing an inclusive tool for newbies. I would like to add a few comments that may or may not be helpful to you:

ygy95.png

1. I'm concerned about the inclusion of the OC / UV kernals as a 'no big deal' option. I think users, especially those new to flashing ROMs need to be aware that:
- they are voiding their warranty by modifying their device (obviously this applies to flashing ROMs in general, not just kernals)
- that they can brick their device permanently (however unlikely)
- and that only certain kernals will work with specific ROMs and versions of ROMs

If including OC / UV kernals, I think a big "This is for advanced users, only flash a new kernal if you know what you're doing..." warning would be justified. This is especially true since we don't know what software version the user is coming to this program with (e.g. what if they bought the phone used and it has a custom ROM or new and it has received the OTA update)?

2. You should probably note that this is a Windows only app. May seem obvious, but this is a broad community. Has the software been tested in other versions of Windows beyond Win7? The three most popular versions of Windows are still Windows 7, Windows XP, and Vista - in that order. VMware might be helpful for your testing, though if I recall the virtualized OS also used virtual ports for connections, which might cause testing issues. Its probably easier just to ask for feedback from users of other versions of Windows in the thread.

3. You might want to mention that the download is a RAR file. Specifically, that an archive program will be required to extract the files, such as:
- Winrar
- WinZip
- 7zip

That said, these are relatively minor critiques, and I think you've put together something useful and valuable - so thank you for your time and for being open to suggestions.

You know what? I really appreciate it. In my eyes I just flash the kernels and think of it as whatever. I sometimes forget that I am a long time expert on this and no the Do's and the Don'ts.

I kind of overlook it and shrug it off. I do put these into consideration and as you can tell, I do read all the comments and reply to them as soon as I can.

When I do a new update (whenever there are new features), I will add some of the things onto the tool and edit it my original posts to include the info.

Thank you.

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
That's where I get the error. The screen comes up and my phone goes into fast boot, but it never gives me a token. Just says error. I have tried it with USB debugging on and off

I have this same problem. Trying to "fix" my wife's phone. If I could get her to use a Galaxy Nexus like mine, I doubt she'd be having half the problems she does.

Ps. 1.44 hboot and already S-Off.

Last edited:

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
Have you enabled fastboot from the phone?

Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room ;)

The "Fastboot" setting was still enabled, but I'll be dumbfounded if that's the problem, as the phone was rebooting into fastboot just fine, so that setting shouldn't make a difference. It's when it's running the "get token" that I'm having the problem with the error.

Update: Crisis averted. Ran revolutionary (even though my phone was already S-Off and wouldn't let me flash recovery) and all is well. Got recovery and pretty damn sure I'll be able to flash. Thanks!

Last edited:

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
The "Fastboot" setting was still enabled, but I'll be dumbfounded if that's the problem, as the phone was rebooting into fastboot just fine, so that setting shouldn't make a difference. It's when it's running the "get token" that I'm having the problem with the error.

Update: Crisis averted. Ran revolutionary (even though my phone was already S-Off and wouldn't let me flash recovery) and all is well. Got recovery and pretty damn sure I'll be able to flash. Thanks!

Great to hear! Have fun flashing!

Sent From My HTC Amaze 4G via Someone's Room ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the MT4GS. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. The GUI interface looks like crap right now GUI is improved starting from v2.0 but I just wanted to share it. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • CWM 5.5.0.4
    • User Provided Recoveries
    -Flash Kernels provided
    • User Provided Kernels
    - Link to this thread
    - Link to the FAQ thread
    - Link to the MT4GS Development thread.
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

23r47m1.png

How To Use

Just run the "MT4GS V2.0" DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Mods who helped this forum!
    - Developers made ROMs for everyone to use!
    - Devs who made the kernels!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 3-5-2012
    - Initial Release

V2.0 Released! 6-9-2012
    - New UI. A lot better and cleaner!
    - Removed all Recoveries
    - Removed all the kernels (Users flash things they have no clue about and soft brick their phones)
    - Updated CWM to 5.5.0.4
    - Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
    - Removed the debloaters
    - Fixed Root. Now it works.
    Bugs
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Users\John\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

C:\Users\John_Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

C:\Users\John Smith\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.