Boot animation help

Search This thread

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
A couple years ago, back when I had the HTC Evo4g, Crackanug made a boot animation at my request. I still have the file, bit the animation isn't sized properly for the Nexus 4. Would anyone be up to the task of resizing the file? Of course, it would be available for anyone to use.

I just need to figure out how to add the file with the XDA app...

Edit: here's the link to the animation, if anyone is up to it: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz99F3aNUgdGWUI5dTh4bzZINjg/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
The pictures all have low resolutions. It wouldn't look good on a Nexus 4 if I scale it up to make it fit. Do you still wanna do it? May I ask, if there are higher res pics?

Btw, ice-hockey ftw ;)
I have no idea about higher res pictures. The animation was completely created by crackanug.

CCody

Apr 29, 2013
But it would really looks pixelated on a N4. Believe me you could count every pixel if I scale it up. It is really a waste on a HD screen...
Anyway, stay tuned for the next days. I will work on it. ;)

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
But it would really looks pixelated on a N4. Believe me you could count every pixel if I scale it up. It is really a waste on a HD screen...
Anyway, stay tuned for the next days. I will work on it. ;)

Cool... I put it into my phone, and was shocked at how small the images were... Was hoping it would be something easy (a change in the desc file, etc.). Would be nice to get this one on my nexus 4... I do understand the limitation with pixels though.

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
So very sorry for not getting back sooner. Was in the process of moving (from Dallas to Denver). I will check these out and report back... Thanks for all you have done.

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
The default one looks amazing. The only issue is size. That being said, the resolution is to notch.

The full screen one looks good too. AD you said, it is a bit pixelated, but not so much that our destroys the animation. I wouldn't want to watch a movie with that level of pixelation, but for the short amount of time it is actually seen, the quality looks good.

Top Liked Posts