[Tutorial] How to recover SDcard using HD7

Search This thread

WolfAlvein

Jun 30, 2012
HD7 With Mango

Hi everyone, came here looking for a way to restore my 32GB memory card...

Well let me explain myself, I tried to upgrade the HD7 memory card to my 32Gb microSD but when I did so the SD became corrupted and couldn't use it anymore, I tried putting it on my PC but it won't show it, it does the sound of something getting connected, but it wont see it... so I found this thread and wanted to now if it will work using my HD7, it's updated to Mango and well to see if anyone here knows where to find the programs needed since the links are broken, thanks for everything and the memory is a MicroSD HC type 2 by Duracell

Theelichtje

Mar 21, 2011
Veghel
im getting the error: 8018119C, the update could not be downloaded because the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) could not be made. (translated from dutch)

It worked twice, but on both occasions my phone said: Update unsuccsesfull.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? i have used search on multiple threads, and i havent found anything, i searched on the other site, and still nothing.

I have included my last log from my device, hope this helps.

Attachments

• Devicelog.cab
    98.1 KB · Views: 32

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011

Well let me explain myself, I tried to upgrade the HD7 memory card to my 32Gb microSD but when I did so the SD became corrupted and couldn't use it anymore, I tried putting it on my PC but it won't show it, it does the sound of something getting connected, but it wont see it... so I found this thread and wanted to now if it will work using my HD7, it's updated to Mango and well to see if anyone here knows where to find the programs needed since the links are broken, thanks for everything and the memory is a MicroSD HC type 2 by Duracell

The sdcard is bricked , because u did not unlock it before removing it from the phone, the unlocking of sdcard is a seprate thread , it requires the unlock cab from xmod.

the only way is to fin a nokia or other pda , GPS or camera devices manufactured a few years ago to format the card.

Reactions: Ttblondey

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Guys,

I manage to reuse back my 16gb spare card back to my HD7.My stock card now i'm using for my ext. sd for my Galaxy S3 Thanks to the OP and Magpir for this link.

Firstly I reformat both my Sandisk 16gb to FAT32.My spare card after formatted I slot it into my HD7.(I just use 1 screw only to tight the cover.I didn't put the top cover for the gps.(My bad) I hard reset my device and notice there's a single yellow words and number at the bottom.After the device completed it's stuff it reboot and I receive an error for my sd card Then I remove the sd card and try to reformat again but it doesn't work My pc can't recognise the card:( I'm finish.What I do next is I slot it again to my HD7 and assemble back everything.I do hard reset THIS time I notice there's another yellow words and numbers so it makes two. As usual after it complete it's stuff it reboot again same error happens. So I decided to flash RSPL and flash rom and hope it works.I put it into TRI COLOR and RSPL my device, IT WORK ad Iwas quite happy.So I decided to flash rom to my device.GUESS what IT WORK.So I just follow the usual steps on the device.Zune and WMDC works perfectly well. I switch off my device and on again to see whether it still work. I reflash again to Tango 8779 and it still work.:victory: Now my question Is why it work and why it doesn't recognise the rom before it unlock.:confused:

NOTE: After unlock the stock card I don't relock and neither do any backup.

This is an update and hope it work for someone.

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
Guys,

I manage to reuse back my 16gb spare card back to my HD7.My stock card now i'm using for my ext. sd for my Galaxy S3 Thanks to the OP and Magpir for this link.

Firstly I reformat both my Sandisk 16gb to FAT32.My spare card after formatted I slot it into my HD7.(I just use 1 screw only to tight the cover.I didn't put the top cover for the gps.(My bad) I hard reset my device and notice there's a single yellow words and number at the bottom.After the device completed it's stuff it reboot and I receive an error for my sd card Then I remove the sd card and try to reformat again but it doesn't work My pc can't recognise the card:( I'm finish.What I do next is I slot it again to my HD7 and assemble back everything.I do hard reset THIS time I notice there's another yellow words and numbers so it makes two. As usual after it complete it's stuff it reboot again same error happens. So I decided to flash RSPL and flash rom and hope it works.I put it into TRI COLOR and RSPL my device, IT WORK ad Iwas quite happy.So I decided to flash rom to my device.GUESS what IT WORK.So I just follow the usual steps on the device.Zune and WMDC works perfectly well. I switch off my device and on again to see whether it still work. I reflash again to Tango 8779 and it still work.:victory: Now my question Is why it work and why it doesn't recognise the rom before it unlock.:confused:

NOTE: After unlock the stock card I don't relock and neither do any backup.

This is an update and hope it work for someone.

thanks for guides out here may be outdated and made for nodo versions

BUT MANGO IS DIFFERENT

People need to follow these steps in order for replacing/upgrading sdcard.

Precautions:

a) USE XMOD UNLOCK STORAGE CAB TO UNLOCK THE SDCARD BEFORE REMOVING
b) ENSURE THAT THE BOTTOM COVER WHICH IS ALSO THE WIFI ANTENNA IS PUT BACK BEFORE U FLASH THE NEW SDCARD. IMPROPERLY SEATED BOTTOM COVER ANTENNA WILL GIVE THE "INCOMPATIBLE / STORAGE CARD NOT WORKING ERROR"

IMPORTANT NOTE: The Xmod Unlock cab somehow will mess yr original rom u had before u send the cab by removing the lock sdcard functionality . Without the lock functionality , the new sdcard will not be formatted because u just removed that inbuilt ability for wp7 to lock the card So u have to reflash the rom to the phone again .

STEPS:

1) send unlock cab to your phone and unlock the sdcard and remove
2) power off the phone
3) remove the old unlocked sdcard
4) insert the new sdcard
5) Boot to tri - colored screen
5) reflash your desired custom rom
6) new sdcard will be recognised and its good to go

Last edited:

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Take note: What I have done is for rooted and fully unlock device.If you have a new card I think there's no need to follow my stepsif your device is able to read.Unless your card can't be read (workable) at any device(i try using my S3 and pc it cannot detect) Then use my steps.

lantony

Jan 9, 2009
is it possible that there is no other way other than this? Isnt it possible to format the SD from a PC without having to put that inside the phone???????????????

is it possible that there is no other way other than this? Isnt it possible to format the SD from a PC without having to put that inside the phone???????????????

Unfortunately not! If your device is on Mango/Tango you have to use the cab and cab sender to unlock the SD card and remove the WP7 security encryption, as described above by Magpir. If not and you just remove the SD card and put it in a PC, camera or another phone it will simply not recognize the SD card at all and will give you an error "No SD card inserted, please insert SD card, and therefore it cannot be formatted.
I found out the hard way when I upgraded my SD card to 32gb and now have a useless 16gb piece of plastic. Lol!

jmikesteen

Jul 18, 2008
worked on my HD7

Followed instructions on my HD7 to upgrade from 16 to 32, it worked like a charm I have 29.51 GB total storage and current have 12.37 avaliable. I have had avaliable as low as 2 GB so it is working.

andrewprivbot

Jan 14, 2013
this passage is really helpful..

thanks, the passage may be useful in the future. I have inserted a 2GB sd card to test my phone. However my SD card was locked. anyway, 2GB sd card is out of date, and no use for me. :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

It took me a while but finally I unlocked my 32GB SD card after using it in my HD7 to upgrade it to 32GB, in my case the card proved to be un usable.

Requirements:
    1• DFT HSPL/RSPL
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195647

Tools you need:

WP7 Update Cab Sender:

download link:

DEV_STORAGELOCK.cab

Download Link:

Download the following ROM
    [ROM]XBmod HD7 V 1.01 Build 7720 [25/09] with Custom Cab
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1276490

Steps:

1) Boot phone with VOL- Pressed
    2) Flash XBmod rom, HARD reset using Vol- and Vol+ pressed while powering on
    3) boot to get started
    4) extract and place "WP7 Update Cab Sender" folder in c:\
    5) in C:\WP7 Update Cab Sender\if needed install this tool\ install correct ver of tool for your OS
    6) place DEV_STORAGELOCK.cab in "c:\WP7 Update Cab Sender"
    7) Confirm phone plugged in to USB and on get started screen.
    8) close Zune and wait for process to stop (or you will get error on next step saying its still running)
    9) run WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat in "c:\WP7 Update Cab Sender" click S
    10) Once complete phone will show message saying update installed
    11) click done on phone
    12) complete phone initial setup skipping live ID
    13) in your app list you will now show an app called storagelock, run it
    14) when prompted answer yes to unlock SD card.
    15) power off phone.
    16) remove SD card
    17) place in Windows PC
    18) run CMD as Admin
    19) run DiskPart
    20) type list disk(this will show you your disks and the sizes so should be easy to see which number is your SD card)
    21) type sel disk (then the number for you SDdisk) eg: sel disk 2
    22) Being VERY sure you have the correct disk selected now type clean
    23) now type cre part pri
    24) if all went well remove sd card and reinsert and select it on Explorer
    25) it will say its not formated and offer to format.
    26) you now have full use of your SD card again :eek:

I hope this helps a few people.

Boysie
    Ok so does that also mean we can replace the hd7 card with another of our own purchased from off the shelf?

---------- Post added at 04:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

So if the sdcard , can be read by laptop, is IT possible to change its contents like down grade sol, is ECT while the card is in the laptop

Go check out the sticky on how to upgrade the memory in the HD7 to 32GB...
    you can upgrade it, but you don't need this to upgrade it... This is so once a card is removed from the HD7 it can be used in other things. You can't take it out and modify it etc then put it back in...

The sdcard is bricked , because u did not unlock it before removing it from the phone, the unlocking of sdcard is a seprate thread , it requires the unlock cab from xmod.

the only way is to fin a nokia or other pda , GPS or camera devices manufactured a few years ago to format the card.