4.0.4 OTA Officially Rolling Out Now (GSM-Yakju Only) Link Inside!

Search This thread

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010
So you guys are saying a rooted and unlocked (but otherwise standard) yakju Nexus wont get the OTA update? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a nexus?

Will relocking my bootloader make a difference? I'm not giving up root, I'll wait and install manually if I have to do that.

Last edited:

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
So you guys are saying a rooted and unlocked yakju Nexus wont get the OTA update? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a nexus?

Will relocking my bootloader make a difference? I'm not giving up root, I'll wait and install manually if I have to do that.

If your on yaku I'm pretty sure you will get even if your unlocked

Sent Telepathically

Reactions: OniV2

nickzkcin

Feb 21, 2012
Singapore
This is official OTA update for GSM only. your phone needs to be completely stock to update OTA, if you have a unlocked bootlaoader and rooted then you'll have to wait for a flashable update zip if on a stock rom. if you are on a custom rom then i suppose flash to stock and apply the update and revert back with no root and bootloader for OTA

what if the bootloader is unlocked but not rooted? i unlocked the bootloader to get yakju, will i have to relock it?

bmett

Jan 29, 2008
Oh - what irony - it's officially released for the GSM version but clearly no one has it here as yet whereas while the unofficial 4.0.4 leak for Verizon LTE version is already available to flash on XDA!

You ****ed up Google - as always (lately).
quit *****ing and shut up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010
If your on yaku I'm pretty sure you will get even if your unlocked

Sent Telepathically

Cool. I don't mind if I have to reroot after the update but getting the OTA and not having to do a wipe will be the easiest option for me (and the half dozen people I know that bought a GN and rely on me for tech support...)

Luxferro

Nov 19, 2009
Long Island, NY
if you guys have stock 4.0.2 but are just unlocked and rooted you can get updates just fine(you'll just have to reroot it after).

If you have the incorrect boot loader, radio, or recovery the update will probably end with an error and not flash.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

matt30

Jan 16, 2011
Ithaca, NY
BTW my phone is unlocked and rooted but on stock ROM.. will get the OTA update ?

So you guys are saying a rooted and unlocked (but otherwise standard) yakju Nexus wont get the OTA update? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a nexus?

what if the bootloader is unlocked but not rooted? i unlocked the bootloader to get yakju, will i have to relock it?

The state of the bootloader has no bearing on whether your phone receives the update. If you are on the stock rom, the file will be pushed to your phone.

If you have the stock recovery, you will be able to install that update without having to flash it manually. If not, you will need to flash that update yourself.

Root only matters if you changed the stock recovery to get root. If you didn't, you will still get the update and be prompted to update your phone. You will not have root after updating.

Last edited:

descendency

Jun 26, 2010

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"

https://twitter.com/?tw_e=details&tw_i=27808662429&tw_p=tweetembed#!/Arubin/statuses/27808662429

Treggs

Aug 9, 2010
The state of the bootloader has no bearing on whether your phone receives the update. If you are on the stock rom, the file will be pushed to your phone.

If you have the stock recovery, you will be able to install that update without having to flash it manually. If not, you will need to flash that update yourself.

Root only matters if you changed the stock recovery to get root. If you didn't, you will still get the update and be prompted to update your phone. You will not have root after updating.

Sweet, I have stock recovery and stock rom. That's the answer I wanted to hear :)

Thanks for the info.

hushaohan

Mar 29, 2012
thanks!

do you by any chance remember what yours displayed when flashing the rom? mine said something like:

random offset 0x275
fixing fs_size in crypto footer

Snappy indeed! Be sure to grab his dictionary fix file on the main thread.

Mine went through fine on CWM. You might want to give it some time, first boots on installs always tend to take a long while.

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto

Your post should be put in the first post so we dont get any more questions asking if root or unlocked bootloaders make a difference.

Reactions: matt30

eddie_gordo

Apr 7, 2010
Porto
It's 8:20 AM in Portugal and I just woke up.. No update yet, but I haven't feeling that it will show up soon..! :) looking forward for this to come..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: awia

Top Liked Posts