Search This thread

suku_patel_22

Jun 22, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a
Well Well Well

We hav the One V kernel sources now.
It will definitely solve a lot of issues...

here nexx's reaction :)

Untitled.jpg

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Have you seen any news posted? Do you think that somebody has the news, but is keeping it secret just to annoy you? :confused:

The precise reason I don't ask such stupid questions is because I know that when there is news it will be posted here, and multitudes of morons asking the same questions over and over again is no help to anybody, and will only serve to annoy the guys who are doing all the hard work that us mere mortals can't do ourselves :D

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
I don't think so, but is there any news?

Not even a minuscule piece of information I'm afraid. The HTC blog hasn't been updated in a whole month now and Leaks are out for a couple devices but none similar to ours. I'd imagine we would get updated in mid june and have a leak surface around the later parts of may but this is just my speculation! Sad that is all the news I have to myself is my own speculation. I'd imagine we would be next in line after the rezound and amaze as our devices is one of the newest after those devices.

Reactions: Garz.SP

lavier

Jan 6, 2011
Calicut
Well i asked htc in india n they said rom r being tested n all..... Bt i dont understand thn y haven't ther been ny leaks or so.....

Following was their reply

lavier said:
In this regards, we would like to inform you, due to some technical reason, the ICS update is delayed by a month. As of now, ICS update will release in India for HTC Sensation, Desire, Incredible series and for HTC Rhyme device. We would also like to inform you that updates are released as per country and region. It is the customization that sets it apart from other handsets. The ICS upgrade released in other country may not be the same as that in India due to the customization. Before we roll out any update for any HTC device, our technical team performs some test on some sample devices, only when the test is positive then only we roll out the updates, as we do not want our customers to face any kind of issue with their handset. Our engineering team is already working on this update and shall be releasing very shortly. However, at the moment due to ongoing technical research with the update we are unable to provide you with the exact date of the release. As soon as updates are released you will be notified through FOTA(Firmware Over The Air) technology on your device. You can click on the update and download and install the software updates for your device.

However, we also request you to check for the updates manually. For performing the same please follow the below mentioned steps: 1. From the Home screen, press 'Menu', and then tap 'Settings'. 2. Tap 'About Phone' > 'Software Updates'. 3. Tap on 'Check now', after doing the 'Check Now' we request you to follow the 'Onscreen Steps'. Note: Checking and downloading phone software updates may incur additional data transfer fees from your mobile operator.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Last edited:

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
That's very interesting. As everyone else who has asked about the update has only been redirected to the blog or been told its coming later in the year!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

shadi22

Nov 30, 2008
Manila
I think the update would be way ahead.. F*** HTC.. They are tempting people to get the new device rather than an upgrade.. if they would release the update to soon people wouldnt buy their one x..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
no i love my ds i bought it an half year ago but i cant wait for the update sorry for my bad english dont be angry on me :D peace to all this forum is great

I'm not being 'angry on you' at all mate - it's just a very surprising first post to see from somebody. The only reason I am looking at a new phone (non-HTC) is because my contract is over and I have the freedom to choose. The decision to switch has nothing to do with ICS though - in fact, one of the main phones in my list is the Sony Experia S which doesn't have ICS yet.

I just don't understand that words coming from some people towards HTC about ICS not yet being available. It would be good to have a v3 Kernel so the devs can actually get on with the wonders they create, but when you bought your phone HTC didn't promise ICS - it came with a variant of GingerBread and that is all that people are actually entitled to.

My problem with HTC is their insistence on making people void their warranty just to use the phone they have purchased in the way they want - you don't get that with some of the other manufacturers. ICS can wait as far as I'm concerned - I want a phone that works day in and day out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/htc/update-on-android-ice-cream-sandwich-upgrades/10150762287733084
    Update on Android Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades
    by HTC on Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 5:04pm ·

HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will roll out by the end of March for the HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Sensation XE, followed soon there after by the HTC Sensation XL.

In addition, we can confirm Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades will be coming later this year to the HTC Rezound, HTC Vivid, HTC Amaze 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO Design 4G, HTC Incredible S, HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD. Stay tuned for more updates on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.

taken from the htc facebook page :)
    I did some thread cleanup, Please stay on topic (if there is one).
    You are right, but what's wrong with people speculating about some informations? Its not necessary, but also it does not harm anyone. I think its ok if its happening in a single thread. There was a time when about 1000 people opened new threads about that. was much more frustrating

Sent by my fingers to your head.

This thread is also a good place for people to concentrate their rage. If it wasn't here, we would have angry people abusing HTC in ICS ROM threads with camera issues. We don't want that now, do we ;)
    Guys, don't get me wrong, but this thread is pointless at my opinion, when there is a leak or release we will know.
    All the guesses and unreliable informations harm more than they use, if you want to use ics, we already got it, if it's to buggy for you stay on gb, it also does almost everything our device is able to.

Gesendet von meinem Desire S mit Tapatalk
    because at the time the news was not on this site. this has now become nothing but people speculating about nothing .

You are right, but what's wrong with people speculating about some informations? Its not necessary, but also it does not harm anyone. I think its ok if its happening in a single thread. There was a time when about 1000 people opened new threads about that. was much more frustrating

Sent by my fingers to your head.