[Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [NativeSD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

M.Q.

Aug 8, 2009
Krakow
probably your settings.apk writed on bad nand block. Look my signature and mark your bad blocks. After that make a bit bigger system partition and reflash rom again.
You can also try to work it around without marking bad blocks - after installation, using adb (or qtAdb) copy the settings.apk (or any other causing the error) from the rom.zip to the phone /system/app folder.

Reactions: gary.swallow

symbuzzer

Feb 25, 2013
Turkey
HTC Leo
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
You can also try to work it around without marking bad blocks - after installation, using adb (or qtAdb) copy the settings.apk (or any other causing the error) from the rom.zip to the phone /system/app folder.

yes but bad nand block will still remain unmarked. I dont know about writing algortihm on nand but maybe another data will write on it and another problem will occur.

gary.swallow

Feb 17, 2010
Louth, Lincolnshire
Task 29...Updated to latest Black CLK and checked bad blocks..found one (block 2016, host userdata, marked)...
Repartitioned to 390MB using CLK.
Made EXT 2GB.
Installed ROM..
Now it says "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"...:eek:
so it has gone one step backwards...
does not do anything now..does not get to homescreen or setup phone...
Back to recovery..fixed permissions..."Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"...

Flashing back to 4.1 (after repartition etc) works perfect..
Back to 4.2 same issues.."Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"...:

gary.swallow

Feb 17, 2010
Louth, Lincolnshire
Check md5 of your zip file and compare with tytungs in first post

Sent from my HD2 using xda app-developers app

Checks perfectly..very strange..do not get this issue with any other Tytung ROM..

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Switched back to MAGLDR after (another) Task29...
ROM installed..
This time it says "Android is upgrading ..optimising 85 apps"..
then com.android.setupwizard has stopped....

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Pixeldroid JB 4.2.2 V1.0 works fine but I want Tytung!!

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
This time it says "Android is upgrading ..optimising 85 apps"..
This usually means that the /data partition on your sd ext4 partition has not been deleted, so it re-installs existing apps etc.
I think you need to format your ext4 using 4ext recovery (you could also first try formatting whole card with sdformatter 3.1 or 4.0, then partition your card with 4ext recovery), then re-install.
Sorry that you have had all these problems, and hope that you will get there eventually.

car bonnet:D

Reactions: gary.swallow

gary.swallow

Feb 17, 2010
Louth, Lincolnshire
Task 29.
Install MAGLDR.
Formatted SD card with new FAT32 and EXT4 partitions using Ubuntu.
Copied ROM to SD using MAGLDR USB MASS STG.
Made 390MB System partition....and...."setup wizard has stopped"...:crying:
Looks like I am sticking with 4.1 for now....
Thanks for your help guys....:cyclops:

HotRod11686

Feb 12, 2007
Task 29.
Install MAGLDR.
Formatted SD card with new FAT32 and EXT4 partitions using Ubuntu.
Copied ROM to SD using MAGLDR USB MASS STG.
Made 390MB System partition....and...."setup wizard has stopped"...:crying:
Looks like I am sticking with 4.1 for now....
Thanks for your help guys....:cyclops:

Try making your partition 400mb with 45mb cache. I was having similar problems before and doing this fixed it completely after a full task 29, using the latest HD2 tookit - installed CWM 5.0.2.6 and installing the entire rom on the nand

try that and see if it works for you.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Here's a pic of what my phone looks like @ LCD Density 160 - notice the large gap up top and the icons lost their names as well. I've changed the grid size to 6x6 and this worked well before in ICS but idk why its not showing properly on this rom.

Screenshot_2013-06-12-10-17-46.png

FIXED - If anyone else is still experiencing this issue when changing the DPI below 200 then you will need to install another launcher such as APEX/NOVA because the included Trebuchet launcher will not re-size the screen to match the new lcd density - seems to be a glitch in the launcher.

Last edited:

gary.swallow

Feb 17, 2010
Louth, Lincolnshire
Try making your partition 400mb with 45mb cache. I was having similar problems before and doing this fixed it completely after a full task 29, using the latest HD2 tookit - installed CWM 5.0.2.6 and installing the entire rom on the nand

try that and see if it works for you

Fixed it :D:D:D:D
400MB with 40MB cache (would not let me do a bigger cache)..
Data to EXT and it BOOTS!!!!
Seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks HotRod11686 :highfive:
Also thanks to Robbie P, symbuzzer and M.Q.

I thought I was going to be stuck with the ancient 4.1 OS :p

Reactions: damiafix

bad.bid

Mar 15, 2011
Itahari
You can make volume hw buttons to wake up the phone ;)

What agbommarito said is that you can't use any other button to turn the phone on if it is off.

Though you could plug in the usb cable and press the reset button to boot the phone.;) ...on clk.

You can use any of the seven hardware buttons (volume up, volume down, call, home, menu, back or end call) to wake the phone up from sleep mode if you use something like ButtonRemapper to program the Android keyboard table. But if the phone has been turned completely off, the end call button is the only one that will turn it on.

You are correct. Plugging in a USB cable and pressing the reset button in the battery compartment will boot the phone. Just plugging in a USB cable will boot the phone if you are using Magldr. I think that the 512M European version of the HD2 doesn't have the reset button. That only appeared on the 1024M TMOUS version.

I have a TMOUS version HD2. I had vaguely remembered that there was a version of the HD2 without the button, but I guess I was mistaken.

i have used the 5 nav bar buttons i explained in pac rom. the aokp navbar helped me do it. i used button remapper to turn off functions of all keys except keep 'wake dropped' functions to home and call (green) button without changing volume buttons. and i mostly used volume wake. and since the buttons are not stripped off, software mods will not turn off its capability to switch on the phone. i dont switch off and on much, so its not as much wear as using it for wake.

the main issue here is, can we make such a mod?
(or maybe port aokp navbar into here if its not forbidden)

gogodu5sU

Apr 2, 2008
i have used the 5 nav bar buttons i explained in pac rom. the aokp navbar helped me do it. i used button remapper to turn off functions of all keys except keep 'wake dropped' functions to home and call (green) button without changing volume buttons. and i mostly used volume wake. and since the buttons are not stripped off, software mods will not turn off its capability to switch on the phone. i dont switch off and on much, so its not as much wear as using it for wake.

the main issue here is, can we make such a mod?
(or maybe port aokp navbar into here if its not forbidden)

You could try this - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27029441&postcount=500

I don't think that the navbar has changed in cm10/10.1 but i didn't look.
If the guide still works you would have up to 6 buttons, don't flash the zip from that post.

Last edited:

SyrianBrain

Jun 4, 2012
Hello
thnx for the Rom
i tried to install it
but when i chose it from SD card
Error msg : cant open the file ... bad
installation aborted

any idea please ?

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
Hi Tytung - I have one for you... Have you come across a situation where all of a sudden app launcher displays EMPTY in the center of the screen, and no apps are listed?

All apps can be accessed via Play Store's OPEN, TB, ROM Toolbox, etc.

This is not limited to the default app launcher - I have 24 app launchers installed to experiment with and most display EMPTY, instead of listing installed apps.

For the time being I am switching to Smart Launcher Pro, if I need to access an app not on my various homescreens.

I have not found anything re this issue. It had happened before, but it automagically fixed itself.

Am at a loss as to where to look.

FWIW, restoring a recent known good backup did not fix it. :(

Lolo78

Jan 3, 2008
Near Paris
I Guys,

Don't kwow were i make a mistake...

Task 29.
Install MAGLDR.
Formatted SD card with new FAT32 and EXT4 (1024) partitions using minipartition tool Wizard .
Install the rom and see that the ext 4 is detect a the begining of install but after first boot the free space is to 0kb :(

Normaly it's automatic no ?
do i have to flsah something else for data to ext?

Last edited:

adell_

Jun 28, 2009
I Guys,

Don't kwow were i make a mistake...

Task 29.
Install MAGLDR.
Formatted SD card with new FAT32 and EXT4 (1024) partitions using minipartition tool Wizard .
Install the rom and see that the ext 4 is detect a the begining of install but after first boot the free space is to 0kb :(

Normaly it's automatic no ?
do i have to flsah something else for data to ext?

What is your system partition size? Is the ext4 a primary partition?

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: timmymarsh

Lolo78

Jan 3, 2008
Near Paris
Hi,

I've made installation Via Nand + ext (Option 2 in aroma) I've set the Partition to 285 M and do a full install and made a 1024 Ext 4 set as primary like my fat 32 set too as primary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 is a stable and fast JellyBean ROM which is mainly built from the CyanogenMod 10.1 source code and first provides supports for native 720p video playback and hardware video recording for HTC HD2.

• Include Android JellyBean 4.2.2 (JDQ39E)
    • Include CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM-10.1.0-stable)
    • Include htcleo-2.6.32 kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2
    • Include tytung's JellyBean CM10.1 ramdisk (initrd.gz).
    • Include the required proprietary binary files and the HD2-specific files.

This discussion thread was deprecated since v2.3.
    Mod edit: Link removed
    NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1_with_Phone.png
    Changelog

Changelog:

• V2.4 (Jul. 7, 2013)
      • Updated to CM-10.1.0 stable source code.
      • Fixed Bluetooth Tethering (Credits: marco.palumbi) Mod edit: Link removed
      • Added Privacy Guard support (Credits: CM)
      • Updated to Google Search 2.6.7.7219
      • Updated to Gmail 4.5.2-7141
    • V2.3 (Jun. 23, 2013)
      • Updated to CM-10.1.0-RC5 source code.
      • Updated to LowSoundFixer_v1.0.7.apk for fixing the low sound issue for CM-10.x. (Updated BT events. Not sure fix BT or not) (Credit: tytung)
      • Backported source code to fix native USB Tethering for CM-10.1 (frameworks_base) (Credit: tytung)
      • Added HWUI framework patch for CM-10.1 to support HWUI deny app HwaSettings.apk (Credits: royale1223 and tytung)
      • Allowed users to remove DSP Manager in the AROMA Installer. (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the black screen of incoming calls. (updated build.prop)
      • Updated the etc/init.d/99_lowmemorykiller tweak.
      • Updated to the latest hosts file (May-21-2013) for blocking ads.
      • Updated to Google Calendar 201305280
      • Updated to Google Maps 6.14.4
      • Updated to Google Play Store 4.1.6
      • Updated to Google Play services 3.1.36
      • Updated to Google Search 2.5.8.6757
      • Updated to Gmail 4.5-694836
      • Updated to YouTube 4.5.17
    • V2.2 (May 11, 2013)
      • Updated to CM-10.1.0-RC1 source code.
      • Included initrd.gz patch for NAND users. (Credit: marco.palumbi)
      • Included LowSoundFixer_v1.0.6.apk to fix the low sound issue for CM-10.x. (Credit: tytung)
      • Added WiFi Ad-Hoc Network support for CM-10.1 (wpa_supplicant v2.0 adhoc and Settings.apk) (Credit: tytung)
      • Backported source code to fix native WiFi Tethering for CM-10.1 (frameworks_base and netd) (Credit: tytung)
      • Updated to Google Play Store 4.0.27
    • V2.1 (Apr. 21, 2013)
      • Updated CM 10.1 source code.
      • Fixed H/W video encoding (smooth video recording via GPU with 640x480 15 fps MPEG4) for CM-10.1 source code (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the glitchy preview of Camera, Camcorder, and Panorama by replacing with JB 4.1.2 version (Gallery2.apk and libjni_legacymosaic.so) (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the hard reboot when quick replying a SMS via the notification bar (copybit.qsd8k.so and hwcomposer.qsd8k.so) (Credit: tytung)
      • Fixed the 1 bar signal strength showing issue (change ro.telephony.ril.v3) (Credit: andylauhl)
      • Added the script to turn off the button backlight (Credit: zain0300)
      • Made "Settings>Display>Volume rocker wake" option visible for CM 10.1 again (Credit: paulwoodward)
    • V2.0 (Apr. 7, 2013)
      • Upgraded to Android JellyBean 4.2.2 (JDQ39)
      • Upgraded to CM 10.1 source code (also used Display, WiFi, etc. git from Evervolv) and fixed a lots of stuffs (source code, config files, etc.) for HD2. (Credits: tytung, CM and Evervolv teams)
      • Updated initrd.gz to CM 10.1 version (Credit: tytung)
      • Updated all Google apps to JellyBean 4.2.2 version (Credits: Google)
      • Fixed H/W video decoding (native 720p video playback) for CM-10.1 source code (Based on Legacy QCOM OMX Mods) (Credits: tytung and Ganster41)
      • Included LowSoundFixer.apk v1.0.3 (The same features as v1.0.2. Besides, remove some debug info and only retain the background service code) (Credit: tytung)
      • Updated to the latest hosts file (April-02-2013) for blocking ads.
      • Internet call using the built-in SIP dialer now works.
      • Camcorder and WiFi Tethering are broken after upgrading to CM10.1 (Credit: CM :p)
    V2.1

V2.1 (Apr. 21, 2013)
    • Updated CM 10.1 source code.
    • Fixed H/W video encoding (smooth video recording via GPU with 640x480 15 fps MPEG4) for CM-10.1 source code (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the glitchy preview of Camera, Camcorder, and Panorama by replacing with JB 4.1.2 version (Gallery2.apk and libjni_legacymosaic.so) (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the hard reboot when quick replying a SMS via the notification bar (copybit.qsd8k.so and hwcomposer.qsd8k.so) (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the 1 bar signal strength showing issue (change ro.telephony.ril.v3) (Credit: andylauhl)
    • Added the script to turn off the button backlight (Credit: zain0300)
    • Made "Settings>Display>Volume rocker wake" option visible for CM 10.1 again (Credit: paulwoodward)

Downloads:
    • ROM:
      download.ico
      NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1_V2.1.zip (MD5sum: EB0D94B70EA0A3F4C91FE46A158AB45A)

• This is a copyrighted ROM that includes tytung's proprietary libs, e.g., hardware video decoding/encoding libs for HD2.
      • If anyone reuses my libs, you should link to this page and give me the proper credit.
      • To mirror and/or to redistribute this ROM in any way is strictly forbidden and violates the copyright laws.
    • Tool:
      download.ico
      NativeSD Recovery v1.0 for NativeSD users.
    • Wiki: Please visit FAQ for JellyBean 4.2.2 (CM10.1) while waiting for your files to download.
    V2.4 (Jul. 7, 2013)
    • Updated to CM-10.1.0 stable source code.
    • Fixed Bluetooth Tethering (Credits: marco.palumbi) Mod edit: Link removed
    • Added Privacy Guard support (Credits: CM)
    • Updated to Google Search 2.6.7.7219
    • Updated to Gmail 4.5.2-7141

Downloads:
    • ROM:
      download.ico

• This is a copyrighted ROM including the features (e.g., hardware video decoding/encoding, WiFi Ad Hoc network, and native WiFi tethering for CM 10.1) developed by tytung for HD2.
      • To distribute this ROM in any way (including but not limited to mirror, theme, port, repackage this ROM) is strictly forbidden and violates the copyright laws.
    • Tool:
      download.ico

If you need help with an issue, please post it in the Q&A and troubleshooting topic:
    V2.3 (Jun. 23, 2013)
    • Updated to CM-10.1.0-RC5 source code.
    • Updated to LowSoundFixer_v1.0.7.apk for fixing the low sound issue for CM-10.x. (Updated BT events. Not sure fix BT or not) (Credit: tytung)
    • Backported source code to fix native USB Tethering for CM-10.1 (frameworks_base) (Credit: tytung)
    • Added HWUI framework patch for CM-10.1 to support HWUI deny app HwaSettings.apk (Credits: royale1223 and tytung)
    • Allowed users to remove DSP Manager in the AROMA Installer. (Credit: tytung)
    • Fixed the black screen of incoming calls. (updated build.prop)
    • Updated the etc/init.d/99_lowmemorykiller tweak.
    • Updated to the latest hosts file (May-21-2013) for blocking ads.
    • Updated to Google Calendar 201305280
    • Updated to Google Maps 6.14.4
    • Updated to Google Play Store 4.1.6
    • Updated to Google Play services 3.1.36
    • Updated to Google Search 2.5.8.6757
    • Updated to Gmail 4.5-694836
    • Updated to YouTube 4.5.17

Downloads:
    • ROM:
      download.ico

• This is a copyrighted ROM including the features (e.g., hardware video decoding/encoding, WiFi Ad Hoc network, and native WiFi tethering for CM 10.1) developed by tytung for HD2.
      • To distribute this ROM in any way (including but not limited to mirror, theme, port, repackage this ROM) is strictly forbidden and violates the copyright laws.
    • Tool:
      download.ico

Mod edit: Removed