[Q] no SIM card notification

Search This thread

thejiajielee

Dec 29, 2012
hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!

rogeriorp

Dec 11, 2013
I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.

mokkami

Dec 28, 2009
Düsseldorf (DE)
hi all,

just got a moto g, just wanna check with everyone, its a dual-SIM enabled phoine but i only require the use one 1. as a result, the second SIM notification is always on the top right of the notification bar. any way to remove that?

thanks!

bump for any answer to this !

Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.

rht_sg

May 27, 2011
I believe you can edit it on Xposed + Gravity Box combo. You can also flash a single sim rom, I believe.

Maybe this helps you.
If he could activate another signal meter in the Status Bar then you can deactivate it maybe in the same way.

i failed to mention, i was looking for any non-root solution, since its a new phone and i m new to rooting myself, i am wary of voiding the warranty just yet.
it is a bit surprising that there is no simple way to turn off those icons in the status bar when using single SIM.

cc546

Oct 12, 2020
Maybe this helps you.
I tried to delete that line but it only made the phone unable to detect any sim cards.
I also tried to use Gravity Box, but I failed to find any options there to remove the 2nd sim notification.
Are there any other ways?