LUVVITT Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

mortymouse

Jun 8, 2010
So after reading a bit on lots of different threads here and many other boards, I decided to pick up a couple of the LUVVITT Tempered Glass screen protectors.

I ordered from Amazon and got them for $10 each and free shipping (Prime)

I gotta say, it was the easiest install I have ever done. I started off with the hinge method but I used painters tape and it fell off and I just lined everything up and pushed down in the middle and watched the self adhesive. It went on VERY easy. I did this in a kitchen, (not in the bathroom with hot shower on for the steam) and I didn't get a single piece of lint on either of the installs.

Mine were cut essentially perfect. Cut outs were right on and everything went together pretty much perfectly. As a note, there were a few tiny bubbles in certain areas. I thought at first it was dust but pushed lightly down and it would disappear. Over the next 24 hours they vanished and the protector is now smooth as glass.

I do notice that it does seem to get smudges and some fingerprints, but with a quick swipe of a microfiber cloth (included) or an Oakley glass bag (which I always have on me) they disappear.

This really is a great buy over the glass that costs 2-3 times a much. I recommend this product if you are looking for a screen protector and want more but don't want to pay $30 for it. This is pretty dang good, as good as the ZAGG that is on my buddies phone. We compared them and you cant tell the difference at all.

Bought them here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKRHCCY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: AuGmENTor

daxecutioner24

Jun 24, 2011
So after reading a bit on lots of different threads here and many other boards, I decided to pick up a couple of the LUVVITT Tempered Glass screen protectors.

I gotta say, it was the easiest install I have ever done. I started off with the hinge method but I used painters tape and it fell off and I just lined everything up and pushed down in the middle and watched the self adhesive. It went on VERY easy. I did this in a kitchen, (not in the bathroom with hot shower on for the steam) and I didn't get a single piece of lint on either of the installs.

Mine were cut essentially perfect. Cut outs were right on and everything went together pretty much perfectly. As a note, there were a few tiny bubbles in certain areas. I thought at first it was dust but pushed lightly down and it would disappear. Over the next 24 hours they vanished and the protector is now smooth as glass.

I do notice that it does seem to get smudges and some fingerprints, but with a quick swipe of a microfiber cloth (included) or an Oakley glass bag (which I always have on me) they disappear.

This really is a great buy over the glass that costs 2-3 times a much. I recommend this product if you are looking for a screen protector and want more but don't want to pay $30 for it. This is pretty dang good, as good as the ZAGG that is on my buddies phone. We compared them and you cant tell the difference at all.

Bought them here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IKRHCCY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Appreciate the input, I was thinking about picking this up. I know mime ghost are top of the line but also don't want to spend a fortune on a screen protector. Will pick this up

dw4

Jun 26, 2011
Isn't 9H hardness a little bit too high ? i mean yeah it's gonna be very scratch resistant but it will break very easily too...

njan_ivide

Dec 9, 2008
How easy/obstructive is the home button cutout? I am curious if you can use the fingerprint sensor without any issue.

nickhowell25

Jun 23, 2010
Philly

Bought them here:

Thanks for your input. I just ordered mine, and it should be here within the next couple hours. I will be installing and I will do give my opinion on it also. I recently had the ZAGG glass on my HTC ONE M8, and it was absolute amazing. Only gripe with the ZAGG was the cost....which was around 43$, but luckily I was able to get my money back.

mortymouse

Jun 8, 2010
Isn't 9H hardness a little bit too high ? i mean yeah it's gonna be very scratch resistant but it will break very easily too...
Not sure why you would want it to be less hard? Understand, the glass is so thin, it almost looks like plastic.

How easy/obstructive is the home button cutout? I am curious if you can use the fingerprint sensor without any issue.

I use my fingerprint scanner everyday, it doesn't interfere at all. The scanner itself isn't the best, but it works the same with our without the protector.

Thanks for your input. I just ordered mine, and it should be here within the next couple hours. I will be installing and I will do give my opinion on it also. I recently had the ZAGG glass on my HTC ONE M8, and it was absolute amazing. Only gripe with the ZAGG was the cost....which was around 43$, but luckily I was able to get my money back.

You will like it. Now that I have used it for a a while I forget its even there. Putting a care on it didn't hurt it either, the rounded corners do the trick.

nickhowell25

Jun 23, 2010
Philly
Not sure why you would want it to be less hard? Understand, the glass is so thin, it almost looks like plastic.

I use my fingerprint scanner everyday, it doesn't interfere at all. The scanner itself isn't the best, but it works the same with our without the protector.

You will like it. Now that I have used it for a a while I forget its even there. Putting a care on it didn't hurt it either, the rounded corners do the trick.

Mortymouse,

I love it man! I just installed. I recommend to all. I had the ZAGG, and they are virtually the same except the price. ZAGG 39.99 and LUVVIT 12.99... I will let you all take your pick. Thanks for the recommendation

dw4

Jun 26, 2011

The harder it is the easier it breaks, from tension or from shock.

But, hardness gives resistance to scratches, because any material would need to have the same or a higher hardness to be able to scratch it.

So it depends on what you want, gorilla glass has a hardness of 7, it means that the only the things with a higher number will be able to scratch it.

When you take a look at gorilla glass, it breaks very easily, the perfect hardness for a glass protector should be a little higher than 7.

That way in case of shock the glass protector, having a little higher hardness, will dampen the shock by breaking before the glass.

mortymouse

Jun 8, 2010
The harder it is the easier it breaks, from tension or from shock.

But, hardness gives resistance to scratches, because any material would need to have the same or a higher hardness to be able to scratch it.

So it depends on what you want, gorilla glass has a hardness of 7, it means that the only the things with a higher number will be able to scratch it.

When you take a look at gorilla glass, it breaks very easily, the perfect hardness for a glass protector should be a little higher than 7.

That way in case of shock the glass protector, having a little higher hardness, will dampen the shock by breaking before the glass.

Interesting, I have not ever thought that much about it. This type of glass bends, its almost scratch proof and its shatter proof. If you drop your phone with it on, it will shatter and leave your digitizer unharmed. The hardness rating has more to do with the scratching, etc. You wont find a glass protector with under 9H and its way better than having a normal screen protector as it prevents your screen from shattering.

dw4

Jun 26, 2011
Interesting, I have not ever thought that much about it. This type of glass bends, its almost scratch proof and its shatter proof. If you drop your phone with it on, it will shatter and leave your digitizer unharmed. The hardness rating has more to do with the scratching, etc. You wont find a glass protector with under 9H and its way better than having a normal screen protector as it prevents your screen from shattering.
The only glass protecter i ever had was a 5 hardness and it could barely bend, it was just like glass they shiped it in a armored box lol ( just kiddin ) so it wouldn't break during shipping.

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
Thanks for this. I bought an Iloome for 25$ for my S4 and I thought that was a tad high... Especially since I broke it a month in. But it was my fault. 10$ is way more palatable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Bought them here:

Thanks for this. I bought an Iloome for 25$ for my S4 and I thought that was a tad high... Especially since I broke it a month in. But it was my fault. 10$ is way more palatable.

Happy to pass good deals on especially whenever the product works!