[Q] Soft pauses in phone numbers only work with speaker

Search This thread

opitzs

Apr 19, 2013
Hi all,

I love being able to add pauses to numbers, to enable me to redirect our support telephone at work from anywhere. But there is a snag. This is the number:

0211xxxxxxxxx,**700xxxxx#,#1

(x is a number, sorry, but wouldn't want anyone to use this)

This worked fine on my old Galaxy S2, with stock rom and with custom rom. On my Galaxy S5 it kind of works.

• When I dial it from my contact list it does its thing and seems to stop at the second comma (this is only a guess...), after that the call stops and the redirection is not working.
  • If I do the same while on speaker, it works as expected.

Now I guess, that no one here will be able to solve my problem from this vague description, but you might have ideas to send me in the right direction. Could it be, that pauses on speaker differ from those not on speaker, for example in length?

Thank you for your ideas
Sven

finndo

Sep 1, 2009
I used to do the same for making Google voice calls for specific numbers, dial my gv # then pause, then 2, then pause, then dial then number I wanted to call, then press #.

I found on my S5 I had to do three comas before the 2 and two comas after it, or it would not work.

Also, try using the wait option in the "sym" menu

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

opitzs

Apr 19, 2013
Hi finndo,

Thank you very much for your enlightening post! I was very surprised when I read about three commas, but I'm definitely going to try :)
The only thing I can't find is the 'sym' menu, where can I find that?

Thank you very much
Sven

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

EDIT: just getting rid of some erroneous words ;)

Last edited:

finndo

Sep 1, 2009
On the dialer screen in a contact, when adding the phone number, should be in the bottom right, second one up.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

opitzs

Apr 19, 2013
Ah, I see, found it! Thank you for your help finndo ?

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app