[App] Energy Ring - Battery indicator for OnePlus Nord!

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Download now from Google Play Store! And if you like, please leave a rating. :)

Energy Ring General Edition is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy A60, A51, A71, S10 Lite, Z Flip, m40, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus Nord, Motorola Edge and Edge +, OPPO Find X2/Pro, Vivo iQOO 3 5G, Z1 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10/Pro, Poco X2, Redmi K30/i/5/Racing, Note 9/Pro/Max/9S, Huawei Honor 20, View 20, Nova 4, 5T, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, Motorola One Action, One Vision, Realme 6, Realme 6 Pro and Moto G(8) Power only.

If you have a device with punch hole camera, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
Energy Bar
Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

energy-ring-logo.png
Adds a configurable Energy Ring around the camera lens indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Ring adds an accent to your phone's camera lens.

Energy-Ring-Animating.gif

Got a full charge? The Ring will be a 360 degree wrap around the front camera lens.
Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Ring.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
✓ Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
✓ Energy Ring's direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
✓ Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
✓ Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
✓ Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
✓ Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

All that is cool! But what about Energy Ring consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Ring more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Ring sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Ring. Once awake, Energy Ring quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Ring goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
Android requires Energy Ring to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Please note that, the version you download from Play Store must be ER_GEN_2.5 or above for OnePlus Nord. If you don't see the latest version on Play Store, clear the cache of the Play Store App and check again.

Also, I would appreciate if someone posts some good photos of Energy Ring on OnePlus Nord (not screenshot, but a photo with another phone/camera.)

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Just installed it and it works perfectly on my NORD.

One question, how about the burn-in effect?

Glad that know it works great on your phone, possible to attach some pics (not screenshots) of it? :)

Regarding burn-ins, as the Play Store description says,

Screen burn-in:
The original variant of the App, Energy Bar has been used over several years by users on their AMOLED devices, there has been no complains. But there is no claim that it may not happen.

SpeakToMyHand

Feb 28, 2016
Pfaffenweiler
Thanks for the quick reply.
One question: When i lock the phone and then go back to the lockscreen the ring disapears for a short time (0.2s) and comes back again. Is that normal (like it gets new informations about the battery status) or is that a bug?

Edit: When i unlock the phone directly with fingerprint, the ring need a short time (0.2s) to appear.

Last edited:

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
One question: When i lock the phone and then go back to the lockscreen the ring disapears for a short time (0.2s) and comes back again. Is that normal (like it gets new informations about the battery status) or is that a bug?

Edit: When i unlock the phone directly with fingerprint, the ring need a short time (0.2s) to appear.
That's normal and expected behaviour, have that as well

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009

It's normal as one other user pointed out.

The reason for it is well, Energy Ring completely sleeps that includes vanishing from the screen, the only thing active would be screen on/off listener. So when it gets ON, it almost reconfigure everything, it was kind of required during initial development of its parent App - Energy Bar.

I think I can get it to stay as it is without any adverse effect, expect it to be smoother in future updates. :)

Reactions: SpeakToMyHand

Buxeri

Jul 31, 2020
Hello thanks for your work, but on my OP Nord is not working i dont know why, when i unlock the screen the screen shows but nothing more.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Hello thanks for your work, but on my OP Nord is not working i dont know why, when i unlock the screen the screen shows but nothing more.

You're welcome! :)

Regarding the issue, you mean, you were able to configure and see Energy Ring, but when you lock and unlock the phone it vanishes? It doesn't appear on the Lockscreen or it doesn't appear anywhere at all after you lock and unlock?

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Just couldn't find the app. Cleared the play store data and all but it just isn't showing up & also checked all the apps by the Dev i.e; @jagan2 but the one you mentioned isn't on play store.

Hi! What happens when you directly click the link in the first post? That should certainly take you to the App's listing on Play Store?

Oct 8, 2013
Amravati
There's a slight bug if face unlock is enabled
The ring is hidden with a tiny streak visible

Then it works properly when the face scan completes or fails to find a face

jeeveshw2696

Nov 26, 2016
Stopped Working after some time

Initially it started but when I fully charged the phone it stopped and when I try to enable it, it takes me to accessibility services where it is already ON.
Please sort this out as I was loving it.

RichRatsch

Mar 25, 2013
Working great! Any ideas how to disable the persistent Android-System notification, that "warns" me that energy ring is displayed above other apps on my OnePlus Nord?

astralgothic

Sep 1, 2020
astralgothic.co.uk
This is honestly really great. I like the ease of use and customisation options. I hope it doesn't drain too much and I'll get back on that.

Sent from my OnePlus Nord (AC2003) using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Energy Ring General Edition is exclusive for Samsung Galaxy A60, A51, A71, S10 Lite, Z Flip, m40, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus Nord, Motorola Edge and Edge +, OPPO Find X2/Pro, Vivo iQOO 3 5G, Z1 Pro, Xiaomi Mi 10/Pro, Poco X2, Redmi K30/i/5/Racing, Note 9/Pro/Max/9S, Huawei Honor 20, View 20, Nova 4, 5T, P40 Lite, P40 Pro, Motorola One Action, One Vision, Realme 6, Realme 6 Pro and Moto G(8) Power only.

If you have a device with punch hole camera, reach out via email to get support added!

Similar Apps for other Devices:
    Energy Ring - Galaxy S10/e/5G/+
    Energy Ring for Galaxy Note 10/5G/+
    Energy Bar
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for S8/S9/S10/+
    Energy Bar Curved Edition for Note 8/9

energy-ring-logo.png
    Adds a configurable Energy Ring around the camera lens indicating current Battery level. Dive into the various configuration options, not only you can quickly glance and get the battery info but, Energy Ring adds an accent to your phone's camera lens.

Energy-Ring-Animating.gif

Got a full charge? The Ring will be a 360 degree wrap around the front camera lens.
    Battery depleting? So will the arc of Energy Ring.

Out of the box features:-

✓ Energy Ring can be configured from a width of 1 pixel to a donut thick ring
    ✓ Energy Ring puts almost 0% load on CPU, as it wakes up only to reflect any change in battery level
    ✓ Energy Ring's direction can be configured as clockwise/bidirectional/anti-clockwise
    ✓ Energy Ring can hide on fullscreen content (apps, videos, images, games etc)
    ✓ Energy Ring can be configured to change colors automatically depending on the live battery level
    ✓ Energy Ring could have a mono color/multiple color segments/gradient (pro)
    ✓ You can literally assign any color in the world for your favorite configuration
    ✓ Energy Ring has a number of cool animations whenever a power source is plugged into your device

All that is cool! But what about Energy Ring consuming Battery?!

This is one of the most exciting question for me to answer. Energy Ring more than anything understands that you need to utilize your battery efficiently (after all, that's why you installed the App, right? ;) .) Energy Ring sits on the screen silently putting almost 0% load on CPU, if battery level changes, Android wakes up Energy Ring. Once awake, Energy Ring quickly updates itself and goes back to sleep. And to be that extra efficient, the Ring goes on deep sleep when you turn off the screen, meaning it doesn't even read changes in battery level when the screen is off.

Accessibility Service Requirement:
    Android requires Energy Ring to run as an Accessibility Service, to be able to display on Lock Screen. It does not read/monitor any data, whatsoever. This is especially useful for people who have disability to read numbers and work better with visual data.

It's normal as one other user pointed out.

The reason for it is well, Energy Ring completely sleeps that includes vanishing from the screen, the only thing active would be screen on/off listener. So when it gets ON, it almost reconfigure everything, it was kind of required during initial development of its parent App - Energy Bar.

I think I can get it to stay as it is without any adverse effect, expect it to be smoother in future updates. :)
    Just couldn't find the app. Cleared the play store data and all but it just isn't showing up & also checked all the apps by the Dev i.e; @jagan2 but the one you mentioned isn't on play store.
    Eehhh, no.
    What a gigantic tool would I be if I hadn't figured out how to adjust the ring thickness as this is the main feature of the app...
    I mean it's impossible to miss.
    No, I just want a complete ring all the time!
    No matter the state of charge.
    Why would you want the battery status to be barely visible when the battery is about to die?! That's when I want it to be the most visible!
    Very fancy and all these segments, gradiants and charge animations...
    But I'm starting to think that a simple ring that just changes color with the state of charge isn't possible with this app...
    Too bad. I really like the look of the ring.
    Just wish it would be more visible when I actually want to be warned about the battery status.......

@jagan2 @luckana from what I understand, He wants the battery indicator ring to be complete all the time i.e. just like 100% battery. Only the ring colour should change as per battery health. For example, Green when 90-100%, Blue between 20-90%, Pink between 15-20% and Red below 15%

So, only the colours should change but the battery ring should be complete (fully connected, just like 100% battery) at all times.
    There are quite similar apps on the Play store. can someone post the link to the app here?

Edit: Got the Link. Thanks. It's right there on the first page (Click the download now button)

For some reason, if I try to enable the App it says that my Device is Not supported. The device that I am using is the OnePlus Nord 5G