[TOOL/MOD]Inject init.d support into stock UCLC5 ICS leak kernel

Search This thread

ghostfaceg35

Jul 16, 2008
Dallas
While digging through the forums for a solution to something else I came across this tool http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20806471&postcount=1 made by puppet13th.

I just did a full wipe and installed Hybrid RC1.1 and set out to try the tool and see if it worked. After using the tool and rebooted as instructed I used root explorer to change the permissions of the newly placed init.d folder in /system/etc to rwxr-xr-x then I supercharged my phone with V6 Supercharger which placed the 99Supercharger file into the init.d folder as opposed to /sdcard/V6_SuperCharger. Did the superclean and restart. To verify that the init.d injection worked, after reboot I used script manager to run the 99supercharger script located in /sdcard/V6_SuperCharger that I would have previously set to run on boot with script manager before using the tool and lo and behold the script returned that my system was already supercharged.

So are there you go, I believe I can confirm with DaGr8's Hybrid RC1.1. If this helped you out make sure to go thank puppet13th for the tool.

Last edited:

rsalib

Oct 24, 2009
When I connect my phone it goes directly into MTP mode. Does that conflict with this process?

Should I put the init.cmd folder from the link in the root of my C: drive?

Thanks in advance.

I'm getting: daemon still not runningerror: cannot connect to daemon.

any suggestions? usb debugging is selected. tried different usb ports, no luck

**Edit**

ok I figured it out. I'm on win7 64bit, so I had to allow every occurrence of adb.exe through the firewall program, enable the rules, and wait till the init.d.cmd said waiting for device before connecting my phone to the pc with the usb.

Thanks again. This is awesome!

Last edited:

ghostfaceg35

Jul 16, 2008
Dallas
When I connect my phone it goes directly into MTP mode. Does that conflict with this process?

Thanks in advance.

**Edit**

ok I figured it out. I'm on win7 64bit, so I had to allow every occurrence of adb.exe through the firewall program, enable the rules, and wait till the init.d.cmd said waiting for device before connecting my phone to the pc with the usb.

Sorry I went out for dinner. Glad to see you got it working.

Reactions: rsalib

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is a question I've asked many times...what's init.d support? Just from the context it seems like it has to do with running scripts on boot...I could be wayyyy off though.

I've asked this a dozen times and have never received an answer, so I figured I'd try on a fresh init thread.

ghostfaceg35

Jul 16, 2008
Dallas
That's exactly what it is. For instance surcharger script without init.d support you have to wait until after boot and have script manager run it, waiting for script manager to obtain superuser access. It will already be loaded with init.d. Same for voltage control boot settings. there are other handy init.d scripts floating around the forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

Reactions: slaydog

BlkSquad

Aug 13, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Anyone try on RC 2 or 3? I don't see where it'd conflict on RC2 since it has the same kernel but I'm pretty sure RC3 has a new one.

ghostfaceg35

Jul 16, 2008
Dallas
I used it on RC2 just fine. I am nandroiding my RC2 and just DL'd Alpha3 with the new leak base but can't try it because I am at work and the tool is on my home PC (but I intend to try it if no one else does first).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    While digging through the forums for a solution to something else I came across this tool http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20806471&postcount=1 made by puppet13th.

I just did a full wipe and installed Hybrid RC1.1 and set out to try the tool and see if it worked. After using the tool and rebooted as instructed I used root explorer to change the permissions of the newly placed init.d folder in /system/etc to rwxr-xr-x then I supercharged my phone with V6 Supercharger which placed the 99Supercharger file into the init.d folder as opposed to /sdcard/V6_SuperCharger. Did the superclean and restart. To verify that the init.d injection worked, after reboot I used script manager to run the 99supercharger script located in /sdcard/V6_SuperCharger that I would have previously set to run on boot with script manager before using the tool and lo and behold the script returned that my system was already supercharged.

So are there you go, I believe I can confirm with DaGr8's Hybrid RC1.1. If this helped you out make sure to go thank puppet13th for the tool.

Thanks in advance.

**Edit**

Sorry I went out for dinner. Glad to see you got it working.
    That's exactly what it is. For instance surcharger script without init.d support you have to wait until after boot and have script manager run it, waiting for script manager to obtain superuser access. It will already be loaded with init.d. Same for voltage control boot settings. there are other handy init.d scripts floating around the forums.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA