[XAP] [12.11.2012] WMDC Launcher [Full unlock/Root Tools unlock]

Search This thread

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for a great program, Ultrashot! It used to work with my Focus, then I got a new PC with 64 Bit. Now it won't recognize my phone. Any ideas what I can do to get it to connect?

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
There is no difference in connection between x86 and x64 OS. I am (and the most of developers around) using x64 OS as well.
You should just have valid drivers (Windows Update will help) and WMDC. You MUST have Zune running. That's all.

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
Thanks for that. I haven't tried it with Zune running. I'll try it, and see what happens... :)

freddx

Jul 25, 2010
thanks for your hard work! Worked really really great on my optimus 7 after some attempts! Its so much easier now to tranfer files between my phone and my computer! :)

A

aclegg2011

I must have a weird version of windows 8 pro x64, but to get this to work I had to quickly startup Zune and while it was loading I had to quickly startup WMDC. You have to be fast and sometimes it takes it a few tries, but it'll work. WMDC and Zune must confict over a driver after theyre loaded in memory, but if you do it right you'll get it.

bardialongo

Nov 17, 2011
I need some suggestion: I've dynamics 2 rom on my omnia 7, i'm able to connect the device to pc and run wmdc without problems. But when i try to copy files in windows folder i've an error: Impossible to copy *file.xml* You don't have permission to create this element. File is in this case the camera fix for nokia extra

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
WMDC problem on Dynamic ROM for HTC7Pro

Hi. I have two similar devices. One with DFT ROM, second with Dynamics ROM. DFT works well - when WMDC started on device and WP Connect Tool (or Zune) on PC, Desktop WMDC starts itself and VS2008 native debugger works well. Screenshot:
WMDCDFT.jpg

On Dynamics built in WMDC (automatically started on background) and handly launched WMDC too have the same problem: Desktop WMDC is not launched itself (but after manual start is green), VS 2008 debugger hangs everytime, sometimes message "%CSLID...%\... couldnt start" occures after any minutes, sometimes I must kill VS from TaskManager manually. Deploying and Remote Tools work well. Screenshot:
WMDCDynamics.jpg

Do you know somebody, what is difference (number and IPs values are different on screenshot) and how can I repair it? Dynamics seems better for me, but native debugging is necessary. M.

EDIT: Third IP is a rest of WIFI tethering in past. After tethering I must restart phone, hotspot switching off does not enough. Now Desktop WMDC launches itself, but DEBUGGER STILL HANGS! Screenshot:
WMDCDynamics2.jpg

Edit:
I found out that the problem is not ROM dependent, but Device dependent. See and answer, please, thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35720231#post35720231 .

I added support for native TRACE output to VS 2010 debugger.

Last edited:

herlek

Oct 17, 2007
Nieuwerkerken
Thanks, ultrashot. Very nice job. Was giving some problems with the connection but with installing windows Phone device manager it made connection.

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Thanks, ultrashot. Very nice job. Was giving some problems with the connection but with installing windows Phone device manager it made connection.

Hi herlek. I reported the same behaviour in older Native Debugger thread. By my search it is problem of any custom ROMs. It is soluted, when I start use WPConnect (part of WP 7.1 SDK) instead Zune and rewrite any Registry values to older custom ROMs (especially old DFT based, see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336137#5 etc.). Confirmed on all ROMs which I tested and all PCs (with installed, uninstalled and noninstalled WPDM too). Only WiFi tethering cause connection lost now. WMDC + VS 2008 Remote Tools + Ultrashot and WINCOs tools have more complex functionality, then WPDM, which sometime abuses too much PC sources. M.

Last edited:

CaiKroll

Aug 21, 2011
Vancouver
plus.google.com
Surprised so many people have this just work out of the box. I have Dynamics 2.0 (WP7.8) rom on my HD7, WP7RootTools installed, root access granted. The farthest I've gotten is "error" in WMDC, this is also the most recent error. If it means anything I am running this on Windows 8, and Zune is running. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - If anyone knows how to get rid of the donate to me under my user name that'd be awesome too. Too lazy to do find it myself :p

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Surprised so many people have this just work out of the box. I have Dynamics 2.0 (WP7.8) rom on my HD7, WP7RootTools installed, root access granted. The farthest I've gotten is "error" in WMDC, this is also the most recent error. If it means anything I am running this on Windows 8, and Zune is running. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - If anyone knows how to get rid of the donate to me under my user name that'd be awesome too. Too lazy to do find it myself :p
"Error" in WMDC on PC doesn't mean anything at all since all works. Error on device is another thing.

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
I installed .Net 4.5 on PC and debugging stops working totally. edm2p.exe is not launched in device now from PC. Deploying or running without debugging is OK from Visual studio. I search solution still.

EDIT:

First help - probably one only possibility is renamimg edm2p.exe to edm2.exe and copying it to desktop VS2008 [VS2010 if installed] Debug Armv4i subdirectory.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDC Launcher
    Native Debugger continuation

Do you miss fast & stable WP7 File Managers and Registry Editors for PC? If you do, there is a new approach for you - Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.

What is it?
    Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync are legacy applications made by Microsoft. They provide an access to file system, registry, ... let's say, they provide full remote access to connected phone's features.

What's this launcher for?
    Main purpose of this application is to enable Remote API support on device. PC will detect phone as WM and WP7 device simultaneously. Zune will still work.

Capabilities:
    • File managers. Almost every file manager that has WM support will work on WP7. Nice examples: Windows Explorer, Resco SendTo plugin (part of Resco File Explorer installation), CE Remote Tools File Manager, Altap Salamander, etc.
    • Registry Editors: CE Remote Tools Registry Editor, CeRegEdit, Registry Workshop.
    • Most of CE Remote Tools work.
    • Native debugging.
    • Many more apps support...

What's missed:
    There is no contacts/file/calendar/etc synchronization. PC may still offer it but it won't work.

As for debugging:
    IDA debugger also should work after a bit of editing magic.

Custom ROM usage:
    Usage is limited. You should ask me (ultrashot) for permission.

Neither Microsoft nor author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by application usage. Application is distributed AS IS without any warranties. Launcher cannot be sold.

FULLY UNLOCKED AND WP7 ROOT TOOLS >=0.12 ALPHA
    -No, not interop unlocked!
    -No, not developer unlocked!
    -No, not WP7 Root Tools-unlocked! FIXED, use WP7 Root Tools >=0.12 ALPHA
    Added a special version compatible with next WP7 Root Tools release. Works with full unlock as well.
    It isn't the version that supposed to have newer ConmanClient binaries.
    really great work..
    i have install the xap and all works.
    so far so good, but where i can find the registry.
    the fileexplorer is showing to me, but no link to registry.

maybe i must install anything else or have to change some settings for registry edit?
    i don't know.. please help me.. i use hd7 with nextgen+ 2.6..

thanks
    Install CeRegEdit or Registry Workshop and enjoy.
    So Magrip, on May 15 you posted:
    On May 21 you posted:
    Either try to be more specific, or stop ****ting in the topic.

Does this mean a WP7 device shows up as sync-able in Windows Media Player, after it's connected via WMDC? Thanks.
    Answer:
    msdn at ms site said:
    The Remote API (RAPI) library enables applications that run on a desktop to perform actions on a remote Windows Phone device. The functionality that RAPI provides includes the ability to manipulate the file system on the remote device, including the creation and deletion of files and directories. RAPI functions can be used to create and modify databases, either in the device's object store or in mounted database volumes. RAPI applications can also query and modify registry keys as well as launch applications and invoke methods on the remote device. Although most RAPI functions are duplicates of functions in the Windows Embedded CE API, a few new functions extend the API. Use these functions to initialize the RAPI subsystem and enhance performance of the communication link by compressing iterative operations into one RAPI call.
    Nothing about synchronization, I suppose, no?
    Current program allows full access to file system and registry of WP device from PC. No sync is implemented - neither to Outlook (contacts), nor to other things...